Kinner Kailash Trek
Kinner Kailash believed to be the Abode of Lord Shiva
Kinner Kailash trek is in the Kinnaur valley of Himachal.
This is one Kailash’s five mountains at an elevation of 6050 meters. It is believed to be the abode of Lord Shiva, there is a 79 feet tall vertical rock that resembles “Shivlinga”. It is said that Lord Shiva’s resemblance changes its colors many times a day.
Explore the Divinity of Himalayas
Kinner Kailash Trek is one of the difficult and adventurous trek in the Himalayas. On this trek get extra ordinary views of snow -capped deserted mountains, green-lands, wide blooming fields and orchard flowers. Explore the scenic Sangla and Hangrang valley with unmatched scenic views.
Go to the Kinnaur region of Himachal
Located at Indo Tibetan border the entry to Kinnaur valley was prohibited for Indians till 1993. And, even now foreigners have to register with inner line permit. Go to the Kinnaur region of Himachal and roam in the remote part of Himalayas.
Key Points of Kinner Kailash Trek
- Level is Moderate to Difficult
- Proper conditioning & training of body required
- Need proper gear & clothing for sub-zero temperature
- Shoes are the single most important equipment.
- High Altitude requires proper acclimatization.
- Travel light
- The backpack should not exceed 10 kg.
Must read about Kinner Kailash Trek
Trek Fee:Rs 15000 (Includes GST and all costs of the Trek from Shimla to Chitkul)
Duration: 7 Days
Temperature: (10°C to 15°C)
Best Season: May, June, July, Aug and Sep
Trek distance: 23 Km.
Level: Moderate to Difficult
- Review 0 Reviews0/5
- Vacation Style Holiday Type
- Activity Level
- Group Size Large Group
Day 1– Shimla to Kalpa (2950 m) (290 km)
Day 2– Kalpa to Lambar (2890 m) (60 km)
Day 3– Acclimatization Day at Lambar
Day 4– Lambar to Shurting (3150 m) (8 km)
Day 5– Shurting to Charang (3450 m) (6 km)
Day 6– Charang to Lalanti base (4420 m) (8 km)
Day 7- Lalanti base to Chitkul via Lalanti Pass (5242 m) (10/12 hours)
✅ Transport facility from Shimla to Chitkul
✅ Forest Permit and entrance fee
✅ Accommodation in tents on twin share basis
✅ All meals: breakfast, packed lunch, tea, coffee, snacks, soup and dinner
✅ (All camping gears)
✅ High quality tents
✅ Sleeping bags
✅ Separate Toilet tents – Ladies and Gents
✅ Dining Tent
✅ Dining Table
✅ Kitchen team
✅ Radio Walkie Talkie for Communication
✅ Good Experience Trek Leader guide and Technical guide
✅ Medical Kit
✅ Oxygen Cylinders
✅ Crampons and Gaiters
❌ Personal Insurance
❌ Medical Certificate
❌ Personal toiletry Items and Personal Medicine kit
❌ On first day En Route to base camp the Breakfast and Lunch are Not Included
❌ Last Day En Route Lunch and Dinner are Not Included
Full payment confirms your booking
We serve three meals a day including snacks and soup. A variety of delectable and healthy food is provided which includes; Indian, Chinese and other Western meals. They are nutritious and keeps you fit and healthy on your trek.
Shimla to Kalpa (2950 m) (290 km)
The drive starts from Shimla towards Kalpa through picturesque Narkanda, Kurfi and Rampur to a hot water spring ‘Jeori’. Pass through the thick woods to reach Kalpa.
Apples are found in abundance here, some of the finest are found in this region. Reach Kalpa and get amazing view of Kinnaur Kailash, which stands tall at a height of 6050 m.
Arrangements will be made in a hotel today.
Kalpa to Lambar (2890 m) (60 km)
Today the drive is towards Lambar, it is 60 km away from Kalpa. Today’s destination is situated on the top of a deep gorge with an old village.
Return to the campsite and spend leisure time in the serene environment. Overnight stay will be in tents.
Acclimatization Day at Lambar
Today spend your day acclimatizing by going on short hikes and relax for rest of the time.
Lambar to Shurting (3150 m) (8 km)
Start the trek to Kinner Kailash, post breakfast head to the north east and follow the stream. Shurting is the meeting point of two rivers which forms Lambar River.
Setup your camps on this high land and after having dinner, retire for the night.
Shurting to Charang (3450 m) (6 km)
Charang is famous for its 11th century’s ancient monastery ‘Rangrik Tungma Complex’. Reach this beautiful place and explore the divine vicinity.
The camps are setup near Charang village’s gorge. Reach there and retire for the night.
Charang to Lalanti base (4420 m) (8 km)
Today go deep in the Charang valley, start the ascent and cover the 8 km distance in approximately 6 to 7 hours. Lalanti is an amazing campsite, there are pasturelands with hundreds of blooming flowers.
The flowerbed blossoms with yellow and red flowers and there the sound of gushing rivers can be heard.
The campsite is below Lalanti Pass near a stream.
Lalanti base to Chitkul via Lalanti Pass (5242 m) (10/12 hours)
From Lalanti Base to Lalanti pass is a tough incline, get yourself prepared early, after 3:00 am and leave to conquer this high pass. Traverse the challenges and reach Lalanti Pass, standing at a height of 5242 m in glory.
Descent from the pass to Chitkul is long and tiring. While descending here you can spot Ibex. Reach the village and the arrangements will be made in a hotel.
Please carry the documents given below
- Original and photocopy of government photo identity card- (Aadhar Card, driving license, voters ID, etc.)
- Medical Certificate (first part to be filled by a doctor and second part by the trekker)
- Risk Certificates
Trekkers must bring :
- Strongly built hiking shoes, if you do not own a pair you can rent it from Sankri.
- Sandals or slippers to wear in campsite
- Thick woollen socks, it will keep your feet warm
- Daily wear socks
- Thermals are very important
- 1 shirt, it should be long sleeved
- Shirts and pants for campsite, should be warm
- 1 raincoat or poncho
- Thick gloves
- Trek pants
- Cap and Balaclava (or a scarf)
- Sun glasses
- Sun tan lotion
- Lip balm
- Water bottle
- Personal toiletry items
Trekking demands a good investment and this extremely expensive activity is the passion of many, so we have a great announcement to make which will be a great relief to your pockets. Now get your Trek Gear on Rent and all you have to do is make a special renting request while booking your trek. That’s it! We have kept it simple for you.
We carry first aid kits but it’s necessary to carry a personal medical kit.
(Carry minimum 5 tablets and maximum 10)
– Diamox – (prevents altitude sickness)
– Digene – (it cures discomfort in stomach, acidity)
– Crocin Advance – (cures fever and headache)
– Aspirin/Combiflam – (Pain reliever)
– Disprin/Saradon – (cures headache)
– Avomine – (prevents motion sickness)
– Avil – (it treat allergies)
– Norflox TZ & Lomofrn – (prevents Diarrhoea)
– Ranitidine – (reduces the amount of acid in stomach)
– Volini/Moov spray – (for sprains)
– Betadine/Savlon – (Antiseptic cream)
– Band aid
– Stretchable/elastic bandage
– Use medicines only when prescribed by the doctor in case you face any problem in your trek, take advice from Professional guide before taking any medicine.
– Drinking water is necessary during your trek, keep 1 litre of water bottle filled and drink it on proper interval of time, it is very important while hiking.
- Make your booking one or two months prior in advance. If you cancel the trek due to any reason, it is mandatory to notify us. Cancellation charges will only be effective from the date we get your request to cancel the trek.
- If the trek gets cancelled from our side due to natural disaster,rainfall, heavy snowfall or any other reason then the refund will not be initiated but we will arrange another trek.
(Bank charges deducted are not Refundable)
- Up to 30 Days – 90% cost is Refundable
- Between 21 to 30 Days – 50% cost is Refundable
- Less than 20 Days – No Refund
(Refund is initiated within 7-8 business days)