Nestled In Parvati Valley
Kheerganga Trek (3500 m) a beauteous place lying in Parvati valley of Himachal Pradesh at the end of Sylvan Hills. It is famous for hot water springs which are believed to be therapeutic and is of great significance for the Hindus and Sikhs. On this amazing trek go through some fable destinations – Kasol, Rudra Nag Waterfalls and Shiva temple in the Great Himalayas.
Why Is This Place Called Kheerganga?
It is believed that after losing race to Ganesha Lord Shiva’s son “Kartikeya” came here and meditated for thousands of year. Then to bring him back, Lord Shiva tried to tempt Kartikeya by forming a stream of Kheer (rice pudding).
Journey from Kasol to Kheerganga
The journey from Kasol to Kheerganga is a pleasing one which gives you a chance to go through the splendid Himalayan trails and also the lifestyle and culture of people living in villages. The Kheerganga trek starts from Kasol which is a famous tourist destination in Pin Parvati valley. Ahead it gives you opportunity to explore the nature at its best with the views of lofty peaks looming in the background.
Key Points of Kheerganga Trek
- Level is Easy
- Proper conditioning & training of body required
- Need proper gear & clothing for sub-zero temperature
- Shoes are the single most important equipment.
- High Altitude requires proper acclimatization.
- Beautiful landscapes so carry good photo gear & Extra battery backup.
- Travel light
- The backpack should not exceed 10 kg.
Must read about Kheerganga Trek
Trek Fee: Rs 3500 (Includes GST and all costs of the Trek from Kasol to Kasol)
Duration: 2 Days
Winter Temperature: (-3°C to -5°C) (-5°C to -10°C)
Summer Temperature: (2°C to 7°C)
Best Season: Throughout the year
- Review 0 Reviews0/5
- Vacation Style Holiday Type
- Activity Level
- Group Size Large Group
Day 1– Kasol to Barshaini – Rudra Nag and Kheerganga
Day 2– Return from Kheerganga – Rudra Nag – Barshaini to Kasol
✅ Transport facility from Kasol to Kasol
✅ Forest Permit and entrance fee
✅ Accommodation in tents on twin share basis
✅ All meals: breakfast, packed lunch, tea, coffee, snacks, soup and dinner
✅ (All camping gears)
✅ High quality tents
✅ Sleeping bags
✅ Separate Toilet tents – Ladies and Gents
✅ Dining Tent
✅ Dining Table
✅ Kitchen team
✅ Radio Walkie Talkie for Communication
✅ Good Experience Trek Leader guide and Technical guide
✅ Medical Kit
✅ Oxygen Cylinders
✅ Crampons and Gaiters
❌ Personal Insurance
❌Personal toiletry Items and Personal Medicine kit
❌On first day En Route to base camp the Breakfast and Lunch are Not Included
❌Last Day En Route Lunch and Dinner are Not Included
Full payment confirms your booking
We serve three meals a day including snacks and soup. A variety of delectable and healthy food is provided which includes; Indian, Chinese and other Western meals. They are nutritious and keeps you fit and healthy on your trek.
Kasol to Barshaini - Rudra Nag and Kheerganga
The magical Kheerganga trek starts from famous trekking destination “Kasol” which is a small village located on the bank of Parvati River. The vehicle will be arranged from here and then it move towards Barshaini which is the confluence of Tosh and Parvati Rivers.
Today witness the nature at its best in Himachal Pradesh. Go through the picturesque landscape offering scenic vistas, cross some wooden bridges on the trail. Now, one after another the cascading waterfalls welcome you.
Reach Rudra Nag, a serpent shaped waterfall in Parvati valley which attracts many tourist because of its unique shape. Stop here for sometime, admiring its formation then move ahead. After a long 12 km hike along Parvati River explore the Kalga and Pulga villages and know about their lifestyle.
Ahead lies a lush green meadow “Kheerganga”. Do not miss to take a dip in the hot spring, this water is believed to be therapeutic. The mighty Himalayan peaks contributes in the serene charm of this trek. Setup your camps wait for the delicious food to be served and comfortably retire for the night.
Return from Kheerganga - Rudra Nag - Barshaini to Kasol
Start the day early by watching the sunrise view and changing colors of lofty Himalayan peaks. Have sumptuous breakfast at Kheerganga and by retracing your steps once again relish the verdant beauty and reach Barshaini.
Get back to Kasol in the arranged vehicle and spend leisure time exploring this beautiful hill station “Kasol”.
Please carry the documents given below
- Original and photocopy of government photo identity card- (Aadhar Card, driving license, voters ID, etc.)
- Medical Certificate (first part to be filled by a doctor and second part by the trekker)
- Risk Certificates
Trekkers must bring :
- Strongly built hiking shoes, if you do not own a pair you can rent it from Sankri.
- Sandals or slippers to wear in campsite
- Thick woollen socks, it will keep your feet warm
- Daily wear socks
- Thermals are very important
- 1 shirt, it should be long sleeved
- Shirts and pants for campsite, should be warm
- 1 raincoat or poncho
- Thick gloves
- Trek pants
- Cap and Balaclava (or a scarf)
- Sun glasses
- Sun tan lotion
- Lip balm
- Water bottle
- Personal toiletry items
Trekking demands a good investment and this extremely expensive activity is the passion of many, so we have a great announcement to make which will be a great relief to your pockets. Now get your Trek Gear on Rent and all you have to do is make a special renting request while booking your trek. That’s it! We have kept it simple for you.
We carry first aid kits but it’s necessary to carry a personal medical kit.
(Carry minimum 5 tablets and maximum 10)
– Diamox – (prevents altitude sickness)
– Digene – (it cures discomfort in stomach, acidity)
– Crocin Advance – (cures fever and headache)
– Aspirin/Combiflam – (Pain reliever)
– Disprin/Saradon – (cures headache)
– Avomine – (prevents motion sickness)
– Avil – (it treat allergies)
– Norflox TZ & Lomofrn – (prevents Diarrhoea)
– Ranitidine – (reduces the amount of acid in stomach)
– Volini/Moov spray – (for sprains)
– Betadine/Savlon – (Antiseptic cream)
– Band aid
– Stretchable/elastic bandage
– Use medicines only when prescribed by the doctor in case you face any problem in your trek, take advice from Professional guide before taking any medicine.
– Drinking water is necessary during your trek, keep 1 litre of water bottle filled and drink it on proper interval of time, it is very important while hiking.
- Make your booking one or two months prior in advance. If you cancel the trek due to any reason, it is mandatory to notify us. Cancellation charges will only be effective from the date we get your request to cancel the trek.
- If the trek gets cancelled from our side due to natural disaster,rainfall, heavy snowfall or any other reason then the refund will not be initiated but we will arrange another trek.
(Bank charges deducted are not Refundable)
- Up to 30 Days – 90% cost is Refundable
- Between 21 to 30 Days – 50% cost is Refundable
- Less than 20 Days – No Refund
(Refund is initiated within 7-8 business days)