Khatling Glacier Trek
Khatling Glacier The Source of Bhilangana River Surrounded by Lofty Peaks
Khatling Glacier Trek lies in Tehri at an altitude of 5000 meters. It is the source of Bhilangana River surrounded by high Himalayan peaks i.e. The Jogin peaks (I, II and III), Meru, Barte Kauter, Sphetic Pristwar and Kirti Stambh. This trek is in Bhilangana valley which is a nature lover’s paradise. Sahasratal and Masartal are present on the west and east of Khatling Glacier.
Come Across Pristine Glacial Lakes On This Trek and Explore the Verdant Beauty
Explore Masartal, Vasuki Tal and Sahasratal, these glacial Lakes located in remote regions of Garhwal. Trek through all green fields and dense forests and later through high ridges, moraines and boulder zone. Cross quaint villages and dense Kharaso forest, on the way trek on undulating meadows with many wildflowers blooming. This trek has excellent campsites to offer.
Myth Behind Bhilangana
A myth behind Bhilangana is; a divine spirit was rejected by Lord Shiva when it tried to tempt him. He turned it into liquid and River Bhilangana originated.
Key Points of Khatling Glacier Trek
- Level: Difficult
- Proper conditioning & training of body required
- Need proper gear & clothing for sub-zero temperature
- Shoes are the single most important equipment.
- High Altitude requires proper acclimatization.
- Beautiful landscapes so carry good photo gear & Extra battery backup.
- Travel light
- The backpack should not exceed 10kgs.
Must Read about Khatling Glacier Trek
Trek Fee: Rs.55000 Per Person (Includes GST and all costs of the Trek from Dehradun to Dehradun)
Duration: 15 Days
Best Time:April, May, Sep and Oct
Summer Temperature:(5°C to 12°C)
- Review 0 Reviews0/5
- Vacation Style Holiday Type
- Activity Level
- Group Size Large Group
Day 1– Dehradun to Uttarkashi (178 km) (6 hours)
Day 2– Drive from Uttarkashi to Malla (25 km) and trek to Siachen (9 km) (6 hours)
Day 3– Sillachan to Kushkalayni (11 km) (6 hours)
Day 4– Kushkalayni to Kyarki Khal (14 km) (6 hours)
Day 5– Karki Khal to Pari Tal (18 km) (7 hours)
Day 6– Pari Tal to Sahastral (12 km) (6 hours)
Day 7– Sahastral to Kalyani (16 km) (6 hours)
Day 8– Kalyani to Kharsoli (11 km) (5 hours)
Day 9– Kharsoli to Tambakund (8 km) (5 hours)
Day 10– Tambakund to Khatling Glacier and return (3 km) (4 hours)
Day 11– Tambakund to Masar Tal (6 km) (3 hours)
Day 12– Masar Tal to Vasuki Tal (15 km) (6 hours)
Day 13– Vasuki Tal to Kedarnath (6 km) (3/4 hours)
Day 14– Kedarnath to Gauri Kund (14 km) (4/5 hours)
Day 15– Gauri Kund to Dehradun (8/9 hours)
✅ Transport facility from Dehradun to Dehradun
✅ Forest Permit and entrance fee
✅ Accommodation in tents on twin share basis
✅ All meals: breakfast, packed lunch, tea, coffee, snacks, soup and dinner
✅ (All camping gears)
✅ High quality tents
✅ Sleeping bags
✅ Separate Toilet tents – Ladies and Gents
✅ Dining Tent
✅ Dining Table
✅ Kitchen team
✅ Radio Walkie Talkie for Communication
✅ Good Experience Trek Leader guide and Technical guide
✅ Medical Kit
✅ Oxygen Cylinders
✅ Crampons and Gaiters
❌ Personal Insurance
❌Personal toiletry Items and Personal Medicine kit
❌On first day En Route to base camp the Breakfast and Lunch are Not Included
❌Last Day En Route Lunch and Dinner are Not Included
Full payment confirms your booking
We serve three meals a day including snacks and soup. A variety of delectable and healthy food is provided which includes; Indian, Chinese and other Western meals. They are nutritious and keeps you fit and healthy on your trek.
Dehradun to Uttarkashi (178 km) (6 hours)
Our vehicle picks you up from Dehradun or Rishikesh then leaves for Uttarkashi through the route of Mussoorie, en route Tehri Lake is visible and you can reach Uttarkashi in 8 to 9 hours. Check in a hotel and retire for the night.
Drive from Uttarkashi to Malla (25 km) and trek to Sillachan (9 km) (6 hours)
Have breakfast and leave for Malla, the drive is 25 km long. This is the starting point of this trek, head towards Sillachan by covering 9 km and reach your campsite.
After setting up tents, have salubrious food and retire for the night.
Sillachan to Kushkalayni (11 km) (6 hours)
Start the trek from Sillachan, the distance is 11 km to reach Kushkalyani. Reach the ravishing meadows and setup the camps in middle of the ground.
Rest there and comfortably enjoy your overnight stay in tents.
Kushkalayni to Kyarki Khal (14 km) (6 hours)
Today the trek to Kyarki Khal is an exciting one because the undulating meadows, cascading waterfalls and scenic sights will leave you gazing at nature’s beauty.
Reach Kyarki Khal, have sumptuous food and settle for the day.
Kyarki Khal to Pari Tal (18 km) (7 hours)
From Kyarki Khal trek through the lush green Kyarki bugyal, pass through dense forest area and reach Pari tal; campsite for today.
After pitching tents and having food retire for the night.
Pari Tal to Sahastral (12 km) (6 hours)
Sahastral is 12 km away from Pari Tal and the picturesque trail is through Taddiudyar. Reach the campsite and settle for the day.
Sahastral to Kalyani (16 km) (7 hours)
Today is a long trek, the distance is 16 km which can be covered in 7 hours. Kalyani lies amid mountains and an embankment is visible on another side. It is a wide meadow, great for camping, so setup your camps here and settle for the day.
Kalyani to Kharsoli (11 km) (5 hours)
Kharsoli is still 11 km away from kalyani. It is Bhilan Ganga’s confluence and a large meadow, pitch your camps here in middle of the meadow. Sumptuous food will be served and overnight stay will be in tents.
Kharsoli to Tambakund (8 km) (5 hours)
Start the trek from Kharsoli to Tambakund, the distance is 8 km. Reach there set up your camps and settle for the day.
Tambakund to Khatling Glacier and return (3 km) (4 hours)
Wake up early today because trek to Khatling Glaicer is strenuous, the distance is 3 km but climbing it will take time.
The Jogin peaks (I, II and III), Meru, Barte Kauter and Sphetic Pristwar with many more Himalayan peaks surrounds this glacier. After spending some time there start the descent. Packed lunch will be provided have it while returning to Tambakund
Tambakund to Masar Tal (6 km) (3 hours)
From Tambakund head towards Masar Tal. It lies in the remote region.
Set your camps near this Tal, this place is serene and peaceful. Wear enough clothes to protect against cold and retire for the night.
Masar Tal to Vasuki Tal (15 km) (6 hours)
Cross the snow sections and boulder zone, it is going to be a long trek.
After tough descent, reach the campsite Vasuki Tal a holy lake which resembles snake Vasuki of Lord Shiva. Catch the views of Chaturangi glaciers. Setup the tents, have food and retire for the night.
Vasuki Tal to Kedarnath (6 km) (3/4 hours)
From Vasuki Tal to Kedarnath, the distance is 6 km. After one ascent you have to descent all the way. Climb up and you can have first sight of Kedarnath and River Mandakini.
Descent and reach there in one and a half hour, it is a very famous Hindu pilgrimage site, Kedarnath “Abode of Lord Shiva”. Get there visit the temple in the evening and check in a hotel at Kedarnath.
Kedarnath to Gauri Kund (14 km) (4/5 hours)
The distance from Kedarnath to Gaurikund is 14 km, it is a well-defined and well maintained path, descent through this trail and reach this pure Kund after crossing Rambara village.
Gauri Kund is a divine hot water spring, devotees take bath in it and consider it pure. Arrangements will be made in a hotel there.
Gauri Kund to Dehradun (8/9 hours)
Vehicles will be arranged for you till Dehradun, drive is along the banks of River Ganga. Start after having breakfast and have lunch en route.
Please carry the documents given below
- Original and photocopy of government photo identity card- (Aadhar Card, driving license, voters ID, etc.)
- Medical Certificate (first part to be filled by a doctor and second part by the trekker)
- Risk Certificates
Trekkers must bring :
- Strongly built hiking shoes, if you do not own a pair you can rent it from Sankri.
- Sandals or slippers to wear in campsite
- Thick woollen socks, it will keep your feet warm
- Daily wear socks
- Thermals are very important
- 1 shirt, it should be long sleeved
- Shirts and pants for campsite, should be warm
- 1 raincoat or poncho
- Thick gloves
- Trek pants
- Cap and Balaclava (or a scarf)
- Sun glasses
- Sun tan lotion
- Lip balm
- Water bottle
- Personal toiletry items
ATM Point & Mobile connectivity:-
Withdraw money before your journey, Uttarkashi is the last point where you will find ATM.
The networks will be intermittent and there will be no networks on the trek, so make sure you finish all your important work and calls before the trek.
Trekking demands a good investment and this extremely expensive activity is the passion of many, so we have a great announcement to make which will be a great relief to your pockets. Now get your Trek Gear on Rent and all you have to do is make a special renting request while booking your trek. That’s it! We have kept it simple for you.
We carry first aid kits but it’s necessary to carry a personal medical kit.
(Carry minimum 5 tablets and maximum 10)
– Diamox – (prevents altitude sickness)
– Digene – (it cures discomfort in stomach, acidity)
– Crocin Advance – (cures fever and headache)
– Aspirin/Combiflam – (Pain reliever)
– Disprin/Saradon – (cures headache)
– Avomine – (prevents motion sickness)
– Avil – (it treat allergies)
– Norflox TZ & Lomofrn – (prevents Diarrhoea)
– Ranitidine – (reduces the amount of acid in stomach)
– Volini/Moov spray – (for sprains)
– Betadine/Savlon – (Antiseptic cream)
– Band aid
– Stretchable/elastic bandage
– Use medicines only when prescribed by the doctor in case you face any problem in your trek, take advice from Professional guide before taking any medicine.
– Drinking water is necessary during your trek, keep 1 litre of water bottle filled and drink it on proper interval of time, it is very important while hiking.
- Make your booking one or two months prior in advance. If you cancel the trek due to any reason, it is mandatory to notify us. Cancellation charges will only be effective from the date we get your request to cancel the trek.
- If the trek gets cancelled from our side due to natural disaster,rainfall, heavy snowfall or any other reason then the refund will not be initiated but we will arrange another trek.
(Bank charges deducted are not Refundable)
- Up to 30 Days – 90% cost is Refundable
- Between 21 to 30 Days – 50% cost is Refundable
- Less than 20 Days – No Refund
(Refund is initiated within 7-8 business days)