Khaliya Top Trek
Hidden in the Lap of Kumaon
Khaliya Top trek is a not much known part of Kumaon Himalayas. It is a wide alpine meadow in Pithoragarh district of Uttarakhand lying at an elevation of 3505 m. The highest point offers grand panoramic views of mighty Himalayan ranges. Skiing, aero sports and paragliding are famous in this region.
Khaliya Top offers Awe Inspiring Views
The highest point ‘Khaliya Top’ is surrounded by mountains and offers exciting panorama views of Nanda Devi range, Panchachuli peak, Rajrambha, Nandakot peaks and Hardeol.
A Great Trek for Beginners
Khaliya Top is an easy trek with heart-warming scenic beauty and spectacular mountain views. It is not only for the experienced trekkers but is great for beginners.
Wealthy Forests and Fauna
The forests are a mixture of Deodar, Spruce, Oaks, Cypress and Pines but the Rhododendrons “burans” are found in abundance here. The woods in spring season turn red because of blooming Rhododendron flowers.
The region is highly rich in Fauna, spot Himalayan Monal, Kakar, Ghurar and Bharal (mountain goat).
Key Points of Khaliya Top Trek
- Level is Easy
- Proper conditioning & training of body required
- Need proper gear & clothing for sub-zero temperature
- Shoes are the single most important equipment.
- High Altitude requires proper acclimatization.
- Travel light
- The backpack should not exceed 10 kg.
Must read about Khaliya Top Trek
Trek Fee:Contact Us
Duration: 5 Days
Temperature: (10°C to 15°C)
Altitude: (11,500 feet)
Best Time:March to Nov
- Review 0 Reviews0/5
- Vacation Style Holiday Type
- Activity Level
- Group Size Large Group
Day 1– Kathgodam to Munsiyari (7513 feet) (277 km)
Day 2– Munsiyari to Bhujani (10,000 feet) (4 km)
Day 3– Bhujani to Khaliya Top (11,500 feet) (6 km)
Day 4– Khaliya Top to Balanti (9,600 feet) (6 km)
Day 5– Drive from Balanti to Kathgodam
✅ Transport facility from Kathgodam to Kathgodam
✅ Forest Permit and entrance fee
✅ Accommodation in tents on twin share basis
✅ All meals: breakfast, packed lunch, tea, coffee, snacks, soup and dinner
✅ (All camping gears)
✅ High quality tents
✅ Sleeping bags
✅ Separate Toilet tents – Ladies and Gents
✅ Dining Tent
✅ Dining Table
✅ Kitchen team
✅ Radio Walkie Talkie for Communication
✅ Good Experience Trek Leader guide and Technical guide
✅ Medical Kit
✅ Oxygen Cylinders
✅ Crampons and Gaiters
❌ Personal Insurance
❌Personal toiletry Items and Personal Medicine kit
❌On first day En Route to base camp the Breakfast and Lunch are Not Included
❌Last Day En Route Lunch and Dinner are Not Included
Full payment confirms your booking
We serve three meals a day including snacks and soup. A variety of delectable and healthy food is provided which includes; Indian, Chinese and other Western meals. They are nutritious and keeps you fit and healthy on your trek.
Kathgodam to Munsiyari (7513 feet) (277 km)
Arrive Kathgodam and pass through Kumaon hills to reach your destination, Munsiyari. Chaukhori is a famous spot for tea gardens and enthralling view of Himalayas.
Spend rest of the day in guesthouse. Dinner and overnight stay will be in the pre booked accommodation.
Munsiyari to Bhujani (10,000 feet) (4 km)
The distance from Munsiyari to Bhujani is 4 km which can be covered in approximately 5 hours. Today is an easy walk under the forest cover of Oaks, the Rhododendrons are also found in abundance there.
The trail in winters gets covered in snow and this valley provide opportunities for Skiing and other adventure activities. Different species of Himalayan birds and animals are found in this region, like Monal (Himalayan bird) and Bharal (Mountain goat).
En route lies Bhirti Falls which are a great attraction on Khaliya Top trek. Continue the trek and after a gradual ascent reach Bhujani campsite. It is amid forest of oaks and has some exotic views of Panchachuli peak to offer.
Camps will be located here and overnight stay will be in tents.
Bhujani to Khaliya Top (11,500 feet) (6 km)
Post breakfast, leave Bhujani campsite and head towards your destination Khaliya Top. Go through the vast undulating meadows and the clear sky will beckon you.
Pass through the forest sections and now the trail gets steep. Cross a ridge and reach a wide meadow offering panorama views of the mighty Himalayan peaks. This meadow is “Khaliya Top”. Grab the views of snow laden peaks, wide valleys and the snowline covering mountains.
Setup your camps here in the undisturbed environment. Do not miss the clear sunset views from here, watch the peaks changing their color in glory. After evening snacks, have sumptuous food and retire for the night.
Khaliya Top to Balanti (9,600 feet) (6 km)
Descent gradually from Khaliya Top to Balanti, come downhill and now the oak trees surrounds you and the lofty Himalayan peaks can be seen in front.
Reach Balanti, campsite for the day. Setup the camps there and retire for the night.
Drive from Balanti to Kathgodam
Start the trek from Balanti to reach the road head, it is 2 km away. Vehicle will be arranged from the road head and you can Kathgodam in the evening.
Please carry the documents given below
- Original and photocopy of government photo identity card- (Aadhar Card, driving license, voters ID, etc.)
- Medical Certificate (first part to be filled by a doctor and second part by the trekker)
- Risk Certificates
Trekkers must bring :
- Strongly built hiking shoes, if you do not own a pair you can rent it from Sankri.
- Sandals or slippers to wear in campsite
- Thick woollen socks, it will keep your feet warm
- Daily wear socks
- Thermals are very important
- 1 shirt, it should be long sleeved
- Shirts and pants for campsite, should be warm
- 1 raincoat or poncho
- Thick gloves
- Trek pants
- Cap and Balaclava (or a scarf)
- Sun glasses
- Sun tan lotion
- Lip balm
- Water bottle
- Personal toiletry items
ATM Point & Mobile connectivity:-
ATM POINT: The last ATM point of this trek is Kathgodam.
The connectivity will be intermittent, so make sure you finish all your important work and calls before the trek.
Trekking demands a good investment and this extremely expensive activity is the passion of many, so we have a great announcement to make which will be a great relief to your pockets. Now get your Trek Gear on Rent and all you have to do is make a special renting request while booking your trek. That’s it! We have kept it simple for you.
We carry first aid kits but it’s necessary to carry a personal medical kit.
(Carry minimum 5 tablets and maximum 10)
– Diamox – (prevents altitude sickness)
– Digene – (it cures discomfort in stomach, acidity)
– Crocin Advance – (cures fever and headache)
– Aspirin/Combiflam – (Pain reliever)
– Disprin/Saradon – (cures headache)
– Avomine – (prevents motion sickness)
– Avil – (it treat allergies)
– Norflox TZ & Lomofrn – (prevents Diarrhoea)
– Ranitidine – (reduces the amount of acid in stomach)
– Volini/Moov spray – (for sprains)
– Betadine/Savlon – (Antiseptic cream)
– Band aid
– Stretchable/elastic bandage
– Use medicines only when prescribed by the doctor in case you face any problem in your trek, take advice from Professional guide before taking any medicine.
– Drinking water is necessary during your trek, keep 1 litre of water bottle filled and drink it on proper interval of time, it is very important while hiking.
- Make your booking one or two months prior in advance. If you cancel the trek due to any reason, it is mandatory to notify us. Cancellation charges will only be effective from the date we get your request to cancel the trek.
- If the trek gets cancelled from our side due to natural disaster,rainfall, heavy snowfall or any other reason then the refund will not be initiated but we will arrange another trek.
(Bank charges deducted are not Refundable)
- Up to 30 Days – 90% cost is Refundable
- Between 21 to 30 Days – 50% cost is Refundable
- Less than 20 Days – No Refund
(Refund is initiated within 7-8 business days)