Khait Parvat Trek
Perched in Garhwal Himalayas of Uttarakhand Khait Parvat is known as ‘The Land of Fairies’ it is believed that fairies reside in this picturesque mountain which lies at an elevation of 3040 meters above the sea level.
Khait Parvat Trek Fee:
Rs 8000 (Includes GST and all costs of the Trek from Dehradun to Dehradun)
Duration: 4 Days
Highest Point: (3040 m)
Best Season: March to Nov
Level: Easy to Moderate
Temperature: (10°C to 15°C)
- Review 0 Reviews0/5
- Vacation Style Holiday Type
- Activity Level
Trek to ‘The Land of Fairies’ ‘Pariyo Ka Parvat’
Perched in Garhwal Himalayas of Uttarakhand Khait Parvat is known as ‘The Land of Fairies’ it is believed that fairies reside in this picturesque mountain which lies at an elevation of 3040 meters above the sea level. Explore two pilgrimage sites “Khaitkhal Temple” and “Bharadi Devi Temple/Khait Temple”.
A Great Offbeat Trek
Khait Parvat offers exotic views of Bandarpunch, Swargarohini, Gangotri, Satopanth, Chaukhamba, Khatling, Bhilangana valley, Yamunotri, Trishul and Hathi Parvat. The region is highly rich in Flora as well as Fauna so spot a variety of Himalayan birds and blooming flowers and if lucky spot Himalayan animals.
Mystery of Khait Parvat
– Scientists from US researched on this mountains to solve the mysteries surrounding it.
– It is believed that 9 goddesses reside in the 9 ranges of Khait Parvat. They are 9 sisters and in the local dialect they are called “Bharadi or Achri” “Van Devi”
– The sounds of bangles and anklets is heard many times on this mountain.
– The food and crops of Khait Parvat cannot be carried anywhere else, they can only be used there. And, if taken further the crops get spoiled.
– Many tourist claim that they have seen the fairies or Van Devi and every year a fair is organized in the month of May and June by the villagers.
Key Points of Khait Parvat Trek
- Level: Easy to Moderate
- Proper conditioning & training of body required
- Need proper gear & clothing for sub-zero temperature.
- Shoes are the single most important equipment.
- High Altitude requires proper acclimatization.
- Only BSNL networks are there.
- Beautiful landscapes so carry good photo gear & Extra battery backup
- Travel light
- The backpack should not exceed 10 kg.
Must Read about Khait Parvat Trek:-
Duration– 4 Days (Dehradun to Dehradun)
Best Season– March to Nov
Level – Easy to Moderate
Highest Point- (3040 m)
Weather – nights are cold and day temperature is pleasant during the season.
Temperature– (10°C to 15°C)
Starting point– Dehradun
Day 01- Dehradun to That village Tehri
Day 02- That village to Khait Parvat and descent to Gholdiyani village (14 km)
Day 03- Gholdiyani village to Pidi Bharadi via Gholdiyani Top and return (14 km)
Day 04- Gholdiyani village to Dehradun
✅ Transport facility from Shimla to Manali
✅ Forest Permit and entrance fee
✅ Accommodation in tents on twin share basis
✅ All meals: breakfast, packed lunch, tea, coffee, snacks, soup and dinner
✅ (All camping gears)
✅ High quality tents
✅ Sleeping bags
✅ Separate Toilet tents – Ladies and Gents
✅ Dining Tent
✅ Dining Table
✅ Kitchen team
✅ Radio Walkie Talkie for Communication
✅ Good Experience Trek Leader guide and Technical guide
✅ Medical Kit
✅ Oxygen Cylinders
✅ Crampons and Gaiters
❌ Personal Insurance
❌ Medical Certificate
❌ Personal toiletry Items and Personal Medicine kit
❌ On first day En Route to base camp the Breakfast and Lunch are Not Included
❌ Last Day En Route Lunch and Dinner are Not Included
Full payment confirms your booking
We serve three meals a day including snacks and soup. A variety of delectable and healthy food is provided which includes; Indian, Chinese and other Western meals. They are nutritious and keeps you fit and healthy on your trek.
- Day 1 Dehradun to That village Tehri
The vehicle will be arranged from Dehradun and the departure time is 6:30 am.
The journey is towards Tehri’s That village. It is a beautiful city with some major attractions i.e. Hindu temples, Tehri Dam and it offers some sports like jet skiing.
The arrangements will be made in That village.
- Day 2 That village to Khait Parvat and descent to Gholdiyani village (14 km)
Post breakfast start the ascent to Khait parvat which offers macrocosmic sight of entire Mandani valley, Mt. Meru (north), Jaonli, Draupadi Ka Danda, Jogin, Manda, Thalaysagar, Bhrigupanth, Kritistambh and tip of Mt. Shivling. Climbing is steep but the views are rewarding.
After good time at the top descent towards Gholdiyani village. Setup your camps there, wait for delicious food to be served and comfortably sleep in tents.
- Day 3 Gholdiyani village to Pidi Bharadi via Gholdiyani Top and return (14 km)
Have breakfast and head towards Gholdiyani Top, go through the meadows in series and dense forests with different variety of trees.
Spot some rare species of Himalayan flowers and animals too if you are lucky. En route lies quaint village, pass through them and explore their culture. After reaching Gholdiyani Top witness the beautiful snow covered mountains which looks magical together.
Now, move towards the Pidi Bharadi temple which is worshipped by the villagers and there are myths related to it. After visiting the temple retrace your steps and get back to Gholdiyani village. Overnight stay in tents.
- Day 4 Gholdiyani village to Dehradun
Post breakfast, start your trek and cover 5 km, explore the high rich Himalayan Flora and Fauna. Then drive back to Dehradun.
Please carry the documents given below
- Original and photocopy of government photo identity card- (Aadhar Card, driving license, voters ID, etc.)
- Medical Certificate (first part to be filled by a doctor and second part by the trekker)
- Risk Certificates
Trekkers must bring :
- Strongly built hiking shoes, if you do not own a pair you can rent it from Sankri.
- Sandals or slippers to wear in campsite
- Thick woollen socks, it will keep your feet warm
- Daily wear socks
- Thermals are very important
- 1 shirt, it should be long sleeved
- Shirts and pants for campsite, should be warm
- 1 raincoat or poncho
- Thick gloves
- Trek pants
- Cap and Balaclava (or a scarf)
- Sun glasses
- Sun tan lotion
- Lip balm
- Water bottle
- Personal toiletry items
ATM Point & Mobile connectivity:-
It is best if you withdraw money from Dehradun or Mussoorie.
There will be no networks on the trek or the signal strength will be intermittent. So, finish all your important work and calls before the trek.
Trekking demands a good investment and this extremely expensive activity is the passion of many, so we have a great announcement to make which will be a great relief to your pockets. Now get your Trek Gear on Rent and all you have to do is make a special renting request while booking your trek. That’s it! We have kept it simple for you.
We carry first aid kits but it’s necessary to carry a personal medical kit.
(Carry minimum 5 tablets and maximum 10)
– Diamox – (prevents altitude sickness)
– Digene – (it cures discomfort in stomach, acidity)
– Crocin Advance – (cures fever and headache)
– Aspirin/Combiflam – (Pain reliever)
– Disprin/Saradon – (cures headache)
– Avomine – (prevents motion sickness)
– Avil – (it treat allergies)
– Norflox TZ & Lomofrn – (prevents Diarrhoea)
– Ranitidine – (reduces the amount of acid in stomach)
– Volini/Moov spray – (for sprains)
– Betadine/Savlon – (Antiseptic cream)
– Band aid
– Stretchable/elastic bandage
– Use medicines only when prescribed by the doctor in case you face any problem in your trek, take advice from Professional guide before taking any medicine.
– Drinking water is necessary during your trek, keep 1 litre of water bottle filled and drink it on proper interval of time, it is very important while hiking.
- Make your booking one or two months prior in advance. If you cancel the trek due to any reason, it is mandatory to notify us. Cancellation charges will only be effective from the date we get your request to cancel the trek.
- If the trek gets cancelled from our side due to natural disaster,rainfall, heavy snowfall or any other reason then the refund will not be initiated but we will arrange another trek.
(Bank charges deducted are not Refundable)
- Up to 30 Days – 90% cost is Refundable
- Between 21 to 30 Days – 50% cost is Refundable
- Less than 20 Days – No Refund
(Refund is initiated within 7-8 business days)