Kedar Dome Expedition
Kedar Dome is a high peak at an altitude of 6831 meters in the Gangotri group of Garhwal Himalayas, it is the third highest peak in this group first is Kedarnath.
Kedar Dome Fee:
2,25000 (Includes GST and all costs of the Trek from Dehradun to Dehradun)
Duration: 17 Days
Highest Point: (6831 m)
Best Season: May, June, Sep and Oct
Temperature: (3°C to 15°C)
- Review 0 Reviews0/5
- Vacation Style Holiday Type
- Activity Level
- Group Size Large Group
Kedar Dome is a part of Gangotri group of Peaks
Kedar Dome is a high peak at an altitude of 6831 meters in the Gangotri group of Garhwal Himalayas, it is the third highest peak in this group first is Kedarnath. From Kedarnath peak Kedar Dome lies northwest and both of them surround the Gangotri glacier. Khara Patthar is the base camp of this trek.
Past Experience is Needed to Scale this Peak
Mt. Kedar Dome here “Kedar” refers to Lord Shiva. The climb to the summit is difficult proper knowledge and past experience is necessary. The altitude is gained steadily on this trek but the air gets thinner, so acclimatization is very important. You should be aware of Mountaineering Skills and knowledge to successfully climb this peak.
Go through famous Trekking Destinations
The trek starts from Gangotri, a famous Hindu pilgrimage site, Goddess Ganga is worshipped here. Cross the Gangotri glacier and trek through famous trekking destinations like Gomukh (origin of River Ganga), explore the lush green meadows of Tapovan and also trek through some barren areas.
Must read about Kedar Dome
Duration – 17 Days Dehradun to Dehradun
Best Season – May, June, Sep and Oct
Level – Difficult
Highest Point – (6831 m)
Trekking distance (total) – (64 km)
Weather – Nights are cold and day temperature is pleasant according to the season, the weather is unpredictable and can change anytime so you need to be prepared.
Temperature – 3°C to 15°C
Starting point – Dehradun
Day 1– Dehradun to Gangotri (3092 m) (245 km) (10/11 hours)
Day 2– Acclimatization Day at Gangotri
Day 3– Gangotri to Bhojbasa (3769 m) (13 km) (5/6 hours)
Day 4– Bhojbasa to Tapovan (4337 m) via Gomukh (3890 m)
Day 5– Acclimatization Day at Tapovan
Day 6– Tapovan to Base Camp
Day 7 – Day 14 Kedar Dome Summit Climbing and Descent (Extra Days for Summit Attempt and loading Ferry)
Day 15– Tapovan to Chirbasa (16 km) (5/6 hours)
Day 16– Chirbasa to Gangotri (14 km) (6/7 hours)
Day 17– Gangotri to Dehradun (270 km) (10/11 hours)
✅ Transport facility from Dehradun to Dehradun
✅ Forest Permit and entrance fee including camping charges
✅ Accommodation in Hotel; Gangotri
✅ Accommodation in tents on twin share basis
✅ All meals: breakfast, packed lunch, tea, coffee, snacks, soup and dinner
✅ Expertise Trek Leader, fluent in English and Hindi certified in basic and advance mountaineering courses from NIM, IMF or Hanifl Centre.
✅ Experienced local guide
✅ Kitchen team
✅ All camping gear
✅ High quality camping tents, sleeping bags, mattress liner and pillow
✅ Separate Toilet tents – Ladies and Gents
✅ Dining Tent
✅ Dining Table
✅ Micro Spikes
✅ Ice Axe
✅ Rescue Ropes
✅ Radio Walkie Talkie for Communication
✅ Medical Kit
✅ Oxygen Cylinders
❌ Medical Certificate
❌ Personal toiletry Items
❌ First day breakfast and lunch en route
❌ Last day lunch and dinner en route
Full payment confirms your booking
We serve three meals a day including snacks and soup. A variety of delectable and healthy food is provided which includes; Indian, Chinese and other Western meals. They are nutritious and keeps you fit and healthy on your trek.
- Day 1 Dehradun to Gangotri (3092 m) (245 km) (10/11 hours)
Vehicles will be arranged for you till Gangotri, a holy city. You can reach there in 10 to 12 hours, after reaching there check in a hotel and in the evening explore the surroundings. Ganga is the most sacred river for Hindus and Ganga Aarti is very famous in Gangotri so you can visit Aarti in the evening and then return to Hotel.
- Day 2 Acclimatization Day at Gangotri
Spend your day exploring places at Gangotri, Hindus visit this place and consider it pure today you can go to Pandava cave and other places.
You are going for a long trek so acclimatization is very important it cures Altitude Motion sickness.
- Day 3 Gangotri to Bhojbasa (3769 m) (13 km) (5/6 hours)
Leave early and head towards Bhojbasa it is at an altitude of 3769 m. You will also cross Chirbasa on the way “Chir” “Pine” there are all pine trees, trek through forest section and cross a river from there you will have magnificent views of Bhagirathi peaks.
Trek through some landslide prone areas and boulder zone reach Bhojbasa is a plain terrain and the widest point of the valley. Set your tents and have comfortable stay in tents.
- Day 4 Bhojbasa to Tapovan (4337 m) via Gomukh (3890 m)
Trek to Gaumukh from Bhojbasa it is an easy trek. Gaumukh is the source of River Ganga. The trail is steep and climb is difficult from Gomukh to Tapovan.
The climb to Gangotri glacier from here becomes is steep, trek towards Tapovan after having lunch. Trek from Gaumukh to Tapovan is a steep ascent and it will take 2 hours to reach there.
Reach there you will clearly see Mt. Shivling which looks extremely beautiful and from here you will get the best sight of Mt. Meru and Bhagirathi Peaks
Tapovan is a large meadow below Mt. Shivling. Find a suitable place for camping at the meadow of Tapovan. Place your tents, have dinner and overnight stay in the tents.
- Day 5 Acclimatization Day at Tapovan
Today rest or explore the surroundings like Neel Tal. You can go to the places near Tapovan meadow or just stare at the beautiful mountain views especially of Mt. Shivling.
- Day 6 Tapovan to Base Camp
Post breakfast from Tapovan head towards Base Camp.
- Day 7 - Day 14 Kedar Dome Summit Climbing and Descent (Extra Days for Summit Attempt and loading Ferry)
From Day 7 to Day 14, head towards Kedar Dome summit. Extra Days are kept in this summit attempt.
- Day 15 Tapovan to Chirbasa (16 km) (5/6 hours)
After having breakfast get down to Chirbasa through Bhojbasa. Setup your tents there and overnight stay in tents.
- Day 16 Chirbasa to Gangotri (14 km) (6/7 hours)
From Chirbasa descent till Gangotri. Explore this place in the evening in the pure environment, spend some time here knowing about beliefs of people.
Spend your night in a hotel.
- Day 17 Gangotri to Dehradun (270 km) (10/11 hours)
Post breakfast, Drive is from Gangotri to Dehradun have your lunch en route at Uttarkashi.
Please carry the documents given below
- Original and photocopy of government photo identity card- (Aadhar Card, driving license, voters ID, etc.)
- Medical Certificate (first part to be filled by a doctor and second part by the trekker)
- Risk Certificates
Trekkers must bring :
- Strongly built hiking shoes, if you do not own a pair you can rent it from Sankri.
- Sandals or slippers to wear in campsite
- Thick woollen socks, it will keep your feet warm
- Daily wear socks
- Thermals are very important
- 1 shirt, it should be long sleeved
- Shirts and pants for campsite, should be warm
- 1 raincoat or poncho
- Thick gloves
- Trek pants
- Cap and Balaclava (or a scarf)
- Sun glasses
- Sun tan lotion
- Lip balm
- Water bottle
- Personal toiletry items
ATM Point & Mobile connectivity:-
ATM POINT: Withdraw money before your journey, Uttarkashi is the last point where you will find ATM.
BSNL networks will be available at Gangotri there are no other networks ahead, so make sure you finish all your important work and calls before the trek.
Trekking demands a good investment and this extremely expensive activity is the passion of many, so we have a great announcement to make which will be a great relief to your pockets. Now get your Trek Gear on Rent and all you have to do is make a special renting request while booking your trek. That’s it! We have kept it simple for you.
We carry first aid kits but it’s necessary to carry a personal medical kit.
(Carry minimum 5 tablets and maximum 10)
– Diamox – (prevents altitude sickness)
– Digene – (it cures discomfort in stomach, acidity)
– Crocin Advance – (cures fever and headache)
– Aspirin/Combiflam – (Pain reliever)
– Disprin/Saradon – (cures headache)
– Avomine – (prevents motion sickness)
– Avil – (it treat allergies)
– Norflox TZ & Lomofrn – (prevents Diarrhoea)
– Ranitidine – (reduces the amount of acid in stomach)
– Volini/Moov spray – (for sprains)
– Betadine/Savlon – (Antiseptic cream)
– Band aid
– Stretchable/elastic bandage
– Use medicines only when prescribed by the doctor in case you face any problem in your trek, take advice from Professional guide before taking any medicine.
– Drinking water is necessary during your trek, keep 1 litre of water bottle filled and drink it on proper interval of time, it is very important while hiking.
- Make your booking one or two months prior in advance. If you cancel the trek due to any reason, it is mandatory to notify us. Cancellation charges will only be effective from the date we get your request to cancel the trek.
- If the trek gets cancelled from our side due to natural disaster,rainfall, heavy snowfall or any other reason then the refund will not be initiated but we will arrange another trek.
(Bank charges deducted are not Refundable)
- Up to 30 Days – 90% cost is Refundable
- Between 21 to 30 Days – 50% cost is Refundable
- Less than 20 Days – No Refund
(Refund is initiated within 7-8 business days)