Kafni Glacier Trek
Kafni Glacier is an attraction in the Indian Himalayas
Kafni Glacier Trek at an elevation of 3859 meters above sea level lying on Nanda Kot’s lap. It is the source of River Kafni and this river is the tributary of Pindari River which later merges Alaknanda and Ganga rivers.
It is trekkers hub in Kumaon Himalayan region and a famous attraction in the Indian Himalayas. The starting point of Kafni Glacier trek is Loharkhet which is located above Bageshwar.
A Perfect Trek in Uttarakhand
The untouched beauty with prominent sight of Nanda Khat and Maiktoli in Pindar valley is the feast for the eyes, the magnificent makes the heart beat fast because such amazing views are hard to witness. This easy to moderate trek is perfect one in Indian Himalayas.
Come across the emerald water or Pindari River gushing over the boulder bed. The trail snaking its way pass through the rocky areas offering tremendous views of Nanda Kot, it is the major attraction for trekkers.
Key Points of Kafni Glacier Trek
- Level: Moderate to Difficult
- Proper conditioning & training of body required
- Need proper gear & clothing for sub-zero temperature
- Shoes are the single most important equipment.
- High Altitude requires proper acclimatization.
- Beautiful landscapes so carry good photo gear & Extra battery backup.
- Travel light
- Bag pack should not be more than 10 kg.
Must read about Kafni Glacier Trek
Trek Fee:Rs 23000 (Includes GST and all costs of the Trek from Kathgodam to Kathgodam)
Duration: 9 Days
Temperature: (10°C to 15°C)
Altitude: (3859 M)
Best Time:April, May, Sep and Oct
Level: Moderate to Difficult
- Review 0 Reviews0/5
- Vacation Style Holiday Type
- Activity Level
Day 1– Kathgodam to Bageshwar (160 km) (5/6 km)
Day 2– Drive from Bageshwar to Song (40 km) (1 hour) and trek to Loharkhet (1760 m) (13 km) (4/5 hours)
Day 3– Loharkhet to Khati (2210 m)
Day 4– Khati to Phurkia (3260 m) (9 km) (4/5 hours)
Day 5– Phurkia to Zero point and Dwali (2575 m) (18 km) (6/7 hours)
Day 6– Dwali to Kafni (3859 m) and return (24 km) (7/8 hours)
Day 7– Dwali to Dhakuri (2690 m) (19 km) (6 hours)
Day 8– Dhakuri to Song (16 km) (5 hours) and Drive to Bageshwar (40 km) (1 hour)
Day 9– Bageshwar to Kathgodam
✅ Transport facility from Kathgodam to Kathgodam
✅ Forest Permit and entrance fee
✅ Accommodation in tents on twin share basis
✅ Accommodation in Hotel Yuksom
✅ All meals: breakfast, packed lunch, tea, coffee, snacks, soup and dinner
✅ (All camping gears)
✅ High quality tents
✅ Sleeping bags
✅ Separate Toilet tents – Ladies and Gents
✅ Dining Tent
✅ Dining Table
✅ Kitchen team
✅ Radio Walkie Talkie for Communication
✅ Good Experience Trek Leader guide and Technical guide
✅ Medical Kit
✅ Oxygen Cylinders
✅ Crampons and Gaiters
❌ Personal Insurance
❌Personal toiletry Items and Personal Medicine kit
❌On first day En Route to base camp the Breakfast and Lunch are Not Included
❌Last Day En Route Lunch and Dinner are Not Included
Full payment confirms your booking
We serve three meals a day including snacks and soup. A variety of delectable and healthy food is provided which includes; Indian, Chinese and other Western meals. They are nutritious and keeps you fit and healthy on your trek.
Kathgodam to Bageshwar (160 km) (5/6 km)
Reach Kathgodam on your own, the vehicle will be arranged from Kathgodam Railway Station and the departure timing is 6:30 am. The drive is towards Bageshwar.
It is located at the confluence of River Gomati, Saryu and Bhagirathi. The arrangements will be made in a hotel there.
Drive from Bageshwar to Song (40 km) (1 hour) and trek to Loharkhet (1760 m) (13 km) (4/5 hours)
Post breakfast, drive to Song and reach there in an hour. It is the starting point of this trek. Start your trek to Loharkhet; a small settlement on the banks of River Saryu.
The distance is 13 km which can be covered in 4 to 5 hours. Reach there and setup your camps. Have food and retire for the night.
Loharkhet to Khati (2210 m)
Start the trek early in the morning from Loharkhet to Khati. It is the biggest village which lies on the way to Pindari.
Reach here and come close to the life of locals and their culture. There is space for camping, setup your camps there. Wait for delicious food to be served and retire for the night.
Khati to Phurkia (3260 m) (9 km) (4/5 hours)
Have breakfast and head towards Phukria. Go through alpine meadows and wide pasturelands. While trekking you can see the shepherds with their flock of sheep.
After a 9 km trek reach Phukria, your campsite for the day. Setup your camps there and retire for the night.
Phurkia to Zero point and Dwali (2575 m) (18 km) (6/7 hours)
Today head towards Zero point, it offers great views of Pindari Glacier and many snow covered mountains. Explore this zero point area and trek to Dwali.
Reach Dwali, setup your camps and retire for the night.
Dwali to Kafni (3859 m) and return (24 km) (7/8 hours)
Today start the day young because the total distance to be covered is 24 km and the trail is strenuous. Head towards the Kafni glacier which lies left to Nandakot and Pinder valley.
Once you reach Kafni glacier, witness the lofty Himalayan peaks and snow covered mountains all around. Explore this area and after spending some time there get back to Dwali campsite.
Dwali to Dhakuri (19 km) (6 hours)
Post breakfast start trekking from Dwali to Dhakuri. On the way Binjak ridge offers scenic views of Maktoli towards the west and Nandakot summit towards the east.
After a scenic hike reach Dhakuri campsite, setup your camps and retire for the night.
Dhakuri to Song (16 km) (5 hours) and Drive to Bageshwar (40 km) (1 hour)
Get back to Song, descent is long but today the trek is an easy one. The vehicle will be arranged from there and the arrangements will be made in Bageshwar.
Bageshwar to Kathgodam (160 km) (5/6 km)
Have breakfast and drive back to Kathgodam.
Please carry the documents given below
- Original and photocopy of government photo identity card- (Aadhar Card, driving license, voters ID, etc.)
- Medical Certificate (first part to be filled by a doctor and second part by the trekker)
- Risk Certificates
Trekkers must bring :
- Strongly built hiking shoes, if you do not own a pair you can rent it from Sankri.
- Sandals or slippers to wear in campsite
- Thick woollen socks, it will keep your feet warm
- Daily wear socks
- Thermals are very important
- 1 shirt, it should be long sleeved
- Shirts and pants for campsite, should be warm
- 1 raincoat or poncho
- Thick gloves
- Trek pants
- Cap and Balaclava (or a scarf)
- Sun glasses
- Sun tan lotion
- Lip balm
- Water bottle
- Personal toiletry items
ATM Point & Mobile connectivity:-
ATM POINT: The last ATM point of this trek is Kathgodam
The connectivity will be intermittent, so make sure you finish all your important work and calls before the trek.
Trekking demands a good investment and this extremely expensive activity is the passion of many, so we have a great announcement to make which will be a great relief to your pockets. Now get your Trek Gear on Rent and all you have to do is make a special renting request while booking your trek. That’s it! We have kept it simple for you.
We carry first aid kits but it’s necessary to carry a personal medical kit.
(Carry minimum 5 tablets and maximum 10)
– Diamox – (prevents altitude sickness)
– Digene – (it cures discomfort in stomach, acidity)
– Crocin Advance – (cures fever and headache)
– Aspirin/Combiflam – (Pain reliever)
– Disprin/Saradon – (cures headache)
– Avomine – (prevents motion sickness)
– Avil – (it treat allergies)
– Norflox TZ & Lomofrn – (prevents Diarrhoea)
– Ranitidine – (reduces the amount of acid in stomach)
– Volini/Moov spray – (for sprains)
– Betadine/Savlon – (Antiseptic cream)
– Band aid
– Stretchable/elastic bandage
– Use medicines only when prescribed by the doctor in case you face any problem in your trek, take advice from Professional guide before taking any medicine.
– Drinking water is necessary during your trek, keep 1 litre of water bottle filled and drink it on proper interval of time, it is very important while hiking.
- Make your booking one or two months prior in advance. If you cancel the trek due to any reason, it is mandatory to notify us. Cancellation charges will only be effective from the date we get your request to cancel the trek.
- If the trek gets cancelled from our side due to natural disaster,rainfall, heavy snowfall or any other reason then the refund will not be initiated but we will arrange another trek.
(Bank charges deducted are not Refundable)
- Up to 30 Days – 90% cost is Refundable
- Between 21 to 30 Days – 50% cost is Refundable
- Less than 20 Days – No Refund
(Refund is initiated within 7-8 business days)