Indrahar Pass Trek
Awe- Inspiring Beauty of Indrahar Pass
Indrahar Pass Trek a high Pass in the Himalayas of Himachal, located at a height of 14,245 meters above the sea level. It acts as a border amid Chamba and Kangra districts. The start and end point of this trek is Mcleodganj which lies on outskirts of Dharamshala.
The trail goes through fable destinations i.e. Triund, Ilaga Pass and Lahesh Caves. Indrahar Pass attracts many travelers of different age groups because of its awe inspiring beauty.
Explore the Diversity with Striking Views
The four day Indrahar Pass trek takes you through sprawling meadows, gushing streams, deep gorges, serene lakes and forests of deodar.
Explore the cultural diversity of Himachal and the perfect nature. Witness the beautiful Lakes – Mankiani and Kareri.
The pass offers mind blowing views of Kangra valley, Pir Panjal, Kishtwar, Bara Banghal and Manimahesh.
Key Points of Indrahar Pass Trek
- Level: Moderate to Difficult
- Proper conditioning & training of body required
- Need proper gear & clothing for sub-zero temperature.
- Shoes are the single most important equipment.
- High Altitude requires proper acclimatization.
- Only BSNL networks are there.
- Beautiful landscapes so carry good photo gear & Extra battery backup
- Travel light
- The backpack should not exceed 10 kg.
Must Read about Indrahar Pass Trek:-
Trek Fee:Rs 6000 (Includes GST and all costs of the Trek from Mcleodganj to Mcleodganj)
Duration: 4 Days
Temperature: (- 5°C to 18°C)
Altitude: (14,245 feet)
Best Time:May, June, Sep and Oct
Level: Moderate to Difficult
- Review 0 Reviews0/5
- Vacation Style Holiday Type
- Activity Level
- Group Size Large Group
Day 01- Mcleodganj (5865 feet) to Triund (9750 feet) (9 km)
Day 02- Triund (9750 feet) to Laka Got (11,480 feet) (7 km)
Day 03- Laka Got (11,480 feet) to Indrahar Pass (14,245 feet) and return to Laka Got (12 km)
Day 04- Laka Got (11,480 feet) to Mcleodganj (5865 feet)
✅ Transport facility from Mcleodganj to Mcleodganj
✅ Forest Permit and entrance fee
✅ Accommodation in tents on twin share basis
✅ All meals: breakfast, packed lunch, tea, coffee, snacks, soup and dinner
✅ (All camping gears)
✅ High quality tents
✅ Sleeping bags
✅ Separate Toilet tents – Ladies and Gents
✅ Dining Tent
✅ Dining Table
✅ Kitchen team
✅ Radio Walkie Talkie for Communication
✅ Good Experience Trek Leader guide and Technical guide
✅ Medical Kit
✅ Oxygen Cylinders
✅ Crampons and Gaiters
❌ Personal Insurance
❌ Medical Certificate
❌ Personal toiletry Items and Personal Medicine kit
❌ On first day En Route to base camp the Breakfast and Lunch are Not Included
❌ Last Day En Route Lunch and Dinner are Not Included
Full payment confirms your booking
We serve three meals a day including snacks and soup. A variety of delectable and healthy food is provided which includes; Indian, Chinese and other Western meals. They are nutritious and keeps you fit and healthy on your trek.
Mcleodganj (5865 feet) to Triund (9750 feet) (9 km)
Meet the team at Mcleodganj Bus Stand and start the trek to Triund. Today’s trek will be amazing through mixed dense forest of Oaks, Deodar and Rhododendrons.
Triund is on the ridge top and offers exotic views of Dhauladhar ranges on one side and Kangra valley on the other. Setup your camps there in the peaceful environments and spend your night in the tranquil charm of Triund.
Triund (9750 feet) to Laka Got (11,480 feet) (7 km)
Wake up early to watch the sunrise view and changing colors of lofty Himalayan peaks. Have sumptuous breakfast at Triund and head towards Laka Got.
2 km ahead is a snowline cafe, from this point start climbing a ridge. Laka Got is located at snout of the glacier and it is your campsite for today. Setup your camps here and retire for the night.
Laka Got (11,480 feet) to Indrahar Pass (14,245 feet) via Ilaga Pass and return to Laka Got (12 km)
Start the day early, the trekking distance is long and the trail is challenging. The trail is very steep from Ilaga Pass to Indrahar Pass. The treeline recedes and the now the area turns to rocky with no vegetation.
Pass through Lahesh Caves and after a steep and tiring ascent reach Indrahar Pass (14,271 feet). Relish the spell binding views of high Himalayan ranges and mesmerizing wide valleys. Spend some time there and plan your descent to Laka Got.
Laka Got (11,480 feet) to Mcleodganj (5865 feet) (16 km) (5/6 hours)
Post breakfast leave for Mcleodganj via Triund. Halt there for some time, have lunch there and continue the trek. The terrain is rocky so walk carefully.
This distance is long but descending takes less time. Reach Mcleodganj; the start and end point of this trek.
Please carry the documents given below
- Original and photocopy of government photo identity card- (Aadhar Card, driving license, voters ID, etc.)
- Medical Certificate (first part to be filled by a doctor and second part by the trekker)
- Risk Certificates
Trekkers must bring :
- Strongly built hiking shoes, if you do not own a pair you can rent it from Sankri.
- Sandals or slippers to wear in campsite
- Thick woollen socks, it will keep your feet warm
- Daily wear socks
- Thermals are very important
- 1 shirt, it should be long sleeved
- Shirts and pants for campsite, should be warm
- 1 raincoat or poncho
- Thick gloves
- Trek pants
- Cap and Balaclava (or a scarf)
- Sun glasses
- Sun tan lotion
- Lip balm
- Water bottle
- Personal toiletry items
Trekking demands a good investment and this extremely expensive activity is the passion of many, so we have a great announcement to make which will be a great relief to your pockets. Now get your Trek Gear on Rent and all you have to do is make a special renting request while booking your trek. That’s it! We have kept it simple for you.
We carry first aid kits but it’s necessary to carry a personal medical kit.
(Carry minimum 5 tablets and maximum 10)
– Diamox – (prevents altitude sickness)
– Digene – (it cures discomfort in stomach, acidity)
– Crocin Advance – (cures fever and headache)
– Aspirin/Combiflam – (Pain reliever)
– Disprin/Saradon – (cures headache)
– Avomine – (prevents motion sickness)
– Avil – (it treat allergies)
– Norflox TZ & Lomofrn – (prevents Diarrhoea)
– Ranitidine – (reduces the amount of acid in stomach)
– Volini/Moov spray – (for sprains)
– Betadine/Savlon – (Antiseptic cream)
– Band aid
– Stretchable/elastic bandage
– Use medicines only when prescribed by the doctor in case you face any problem in your trek, take advice from Professional guide before taking any medicine.
– Drinking water is necessary during your trek, keep 1 litre of water bottle filled and drink it on proper interval of time, it is very important while hiking.
- Make your booking one or two months prior in advance. If you cancel the trek due to any reason, it is mandatory to notify us. Cancellation charges will only be effective from the date we get your request to cancel the trek.
- If the trek gets cancelled from our side due to natural disaster,rainfall, heavy snowfall or any other reason then the refund will not be initiated but we will arrange another trek.
(Bank charges deducted are not Refundable)
- Up to 30 Days – 90% cost is Refundable
- Between 21 to 30 Days – 50% cost is Refundable
- Less than 20 Days – No Refund
(Refund is initiated within 7-8 business days)