Hatu Peak Trek
Highest peak of Narkanda, Himachal
Hatu Peak Trek is a short Himalayan trek and has all the features which other higher altitude trek possesses. The trek starts from Narkanda, it lies around 63 km away from Shimla.
Towering mountains surrounds Hatu Peak and it is the highest peak of Narkanda region with verdant landscapes and dense forests of Cedar, Maple and Fir.
The Perfect Trek near Shimla
Hatu peak is a perfect family trek because of the easy gradient and splendid scenic vistas. Not only for families but it’s perfect for a vacation with friends, college trip or a corporate trip.
This is one of the top places near Shimla and reason of being the attraction is Narkanda down famous for apple orchards and adventure sports.
At top of the hill is a holy shrine of Hatu Mata, worshipped by the locals. The hill top offers exotic panoramic views of the towering Himalayan peaks and other snow covered mountains.
Key Points of Hatu Peak Trek
- Level is Easy
- Proper conditioning & training of body required
- Need proper gear & clothing for sub-zero temperature
- Shoes are the single most important equipment.
- High Altitude requires proper acclimatization.
- Travel light
- The backpack should not exceed 10 kg.
Must read about Hatu Peak Trek
Trek Fee:Rs 5000 (Includes GST and all costs of the Trek from Shimla to Shimla)
Duration: 3 Days
Summer Temperature: (8°C to 20°C)
Winter Temperature:(-5°C to -10°C)
Best Time:Throughout the Year
- Review 0 Reviews0/5
- Vacation Style Holiday Type
- Activity Level
- Group Size Large Group
Day 1- Shimla to Narkanda (2708 m) (63 km) (2 hours)
Day 2 – Narkanda (2708 m) to Hatu Peak (3400 m) and back (14 km) (6/7 hours)
Day 3 – Narkanda to Shimla (63 km) (2 hours)
✅ Transport facility from Shimla to Shimla
✅ Forest Permit and entrance fee
✅ Accommodation in tents on twin share basis
✅ All meals: breakfast, packed lunch, tea, coffee, snacks, soup and dinner
✅ (All camping gears)
✅ High quality tents
✅ Sleeping bags
✅ Separate Toilet tents – Ladies and Gents
✅ Dining Tent
✅ Dining Table
✅ Kitchen team
✅ Radio Walkie Talkie for Communication
✅ Good Experience Trek Leader guide and Technical guide
✅ Medical Kit
✅ Oxygen Cylinders
✅ Crampons and Gaiters
❌ Personal Insurance
❌ Medical Certificate
❌ Personal toiletry Items and Personal Medicine kit
❌ On first day En Route to base camp the Breakfast and Lunch are Not Included
❌ Last Day En Route Lunch and Dinner are Not Included
Full payment confirms your booking
We serve three meals a day including snacks and soup. A variety of delectable and healthy food is provided which includes; Indian, Chinese and other Western meals. They are nutritious and keeps you fit and healthy on your trek.
Shimla to Narkanda (2708 m) (63 km) (2 hours)
The drive is from Shimla to Narkanda, it lies on the Hindustan Tibet Road at a height of 2708 meters. Reach there in two hours and relish the great mountain views.
This place is also famous for apple orchards, lush dense forests and adventure sports like Skiing, even Skiing courses are offered at Narkanda every year.
You’ll have leisure time so you can also go on an acclimatization walk towards Karena peak. Return to the hotel, have delicious food and retire for the night.
Narkanda (2708 m) to Hatu Peak (3400 m) and back (14 km) (6/7 hours)
After sumptuous breakfast head towards Hatu Peak, go through the dense forest and after a 3 km hike, the scenic vistas of high Himalayan peaks standing in glory welcomes you.
The Hatu Peak summit gives 360 degree views of the beautiful Himalayas and nearby is Hatu Mata temple, do visit it and then get back to the hotel.
Narkanda to Shimla (63 km) (2 hours)
Post breakfast leave for Shimla and you can reach there in two hours.
Please carry the documents given below
- Original and photocopy of government photo identity card- (Aadhar Card, driving license, voters ID, etc.)
- Medical Certificate (first part to be filled by a doctor and second part by the trekker)
- Risk Certificates
Trekkers must bring :
- Strongly built hiking shoes, if you do not own a pair you can rent it from Sankri.
- Sandals or slippers to wear in campsite
- Thick woollen socks, it will keep your feet warm
- Daily wear socks
- Thermals are very important
- 1 shirt, it should be long sleeved
- Shirts and pants for campsite, should be warm
- 1 raincoat or poncho
- Thick gloves
- Trek pants
- Cap and Balaclava (or a scarf)
- Sun glasses
- Sun tan lotion
- Lip balm
- Water bottle
- Personal toiletry items
Trekking demands a good investment and this extremely expensive activity is the passion of many, so we have a great announcement to make which will be a great relief to your pockets. Now get your Trek Gear on Rent and all you have to do is make a special renting request while booking your trek. That’s it! We have kept it simple for you.
We carry first aid kits but it’s necessary to carry a personal medical kit.
(Carry minimum 5 tablets and maximum 10)
– Diamox – (prevents altitude sickness)
– Digene – (it cures discomfort in stomach, acidity)
– Crocin Advance – (cures fever and headache)
– Aspirin/Combiflam – (Pain reliever)
– Disprin/Saradon – (cures headache)
– Avomine – (prevents motion sickness)
– Avil – (it treat allergies)
– Norflox TZ & Lomofrn – (prevents Diarrhoea)
– Ranitidine – (reduces the amount of acid in stomach)
– Volini/Moov spray – (for sprains)
– Betadine/Savlon – (Antiseptic cream)
– Band aid
– Stretchable/elastic bandage
– Use medicines only when prescribed by the doctor in case you face any problem in your trek, take advice from Professional guide before taking any medicine.
– Drinking water is necessary during your trek, keep 1 litre of water bottle filled and drink it on proper interval of time, it is very important while hiking.
- Make your booking one or two months prior in advance. If you cancel the trek due to any reason, it is mandatory to notify us. Cancellation charges will only be effective from the date we get your request to cancel the trek.
- If the trek gets cancelled from our side due to natural disaster,rainfall, heavy snowfall or any other reason then the refund will not be initiated but we will arrange another trek.
(Bank charges deducted are not Refundable)
- Up to 30 Days – 90% cost is Refundable
- Between 21 to 30 Days – 50% cost is Refundable
- Less than 20 Days – No Refund
(Refund is initiated within 7-8 business days)