Gorson Bugyal Trek
Himalayan Trek for Amateurs
Gorson Bugyal trek is one of the easiest treks in the Himalayas starting from Auli, if you are taking new steps in the world of adventure then without second thoughts go for it.
Pass through these exciting and picturesque trekking trails in Garhwal, it takes you through the thick alpines forests and undulating meadows ‘Bugyals’.
On Gorson Bugyal trek get jaw dropping views of high Himalayan peaks like Kamet (7756 m), Mana Parvat (7237 m), Nanda Devi (7817 m), Dunagiri (7066 m), Hathi Ghodi and Nar Parvat. During your trek, get spectacular sight of these high peaks.
Discover the Charms
This is a great summer and winter trek but in summers this wide meadow comes alive, the greenery and the wildflowers blossom together with the pleasant song of flowing wind.
Witness the rich Flora and Fauna here with your family and friends, come across the village and you get an opportunity to know the lifestyle closely.
Key Points of Gorson Bugyal Trek
- Level is Easy
- Proper conditioning & training of body required
- Need proper gear & clothing for sub-zero temperature
- Shoes are the single most important equipment
- High Altitude requires proper acclimatization
- Beautiful landscapes so carry good photo gear & Extra battery backup
- Travel light
- The backpack should not exceed 10 kg
Must Read about Gorson Bugyal Trek
Trek Fee:Contact us
Duration: 3 Days (Dehradun to Dehradun)
Summer Temperature: Day (5°C to 15°C) Night (2°C to 5°C)
Best Time:Throughout the year
Trek distance: 23 Km.
Winter Temperature: Day (-2°C to -5°C) Night (-5°C to -10°C)
- Review 0 Reviews0/5
- Vacation Style Holiday Type
- Activity Level
Day 1– Dehradun to Joshimath
Day 2– Drive from Joshimath to Auli and trek to Gorson Bugyal
Day 3– Gorson Bugyal to Auli and Drive to Dehradun
✅ Forest Permit and entrance fee
✅ Transport Facility from Dehradun to Dehradun
✅ Accommodation in tents on twin share basis
✅ All meals: breakfast, packed lunch, tea, coffee, snacks, soup and dinner
✅ (All camping gears)
✅ High quality tents
✅ Sleeping bags
✅ Separate Toilet tents – Ladies and Gents
✅ Dining Tent
✅ Dining Table
✅ Kitchen team
✅ Radio Walkie Talkie for Communication
✅ Good Experience Trek Leader guide and Technical guide
✅ Medical Kit
✅ Oxygen Cylinders
✅ Crampons and Gaiters
❌ Personal Insurance
❌Personal toiletry Items and Personal Medicine kit
❌On first day En Route to base camp the Breakfast and Lunch are Not Included
❌Last Day En Route Lunch and Dinner are Not Included
Full payment confirms your booking
We serve three meals a day including snacks and soup. A variety of delectable and healthy food is provided which includes; Indian, Chinese and other Western meals. They are nutritious and keeps you fit and healthy on your trek.
Dehradun to Joshimath
The vehicle will be arranged from Dehradun Railway Station and the departure time is 6:30 am. The journey is a picturesque one along the Alaknanda, Mandakini and Ganga Rivers.
Reaching Joshimath will take around 10 to 11 hours and there arrangements will be made in a hotel or a guest house.
Drive from Joshimath to Auli and trek to Gorson Bugyal
Post breakfast, leave Joshimath in the pre booked vehicle to Auli and cover the distance of 18 km to reach there. It is the starting point of Gorson Bugyal trek. On the way catch glimpses of lofty Himalayan peaks.
After a 3 km trek, reach the wide meadow and get jaw dropping views of snow covered peaks of Hathi Ghodi, Kamet, Mana Parvat, Nanda Devi, Dunagiri and Nar Parvat with other peaks, standing in the glory.
Setup the camps at desired area in Gorson Bugyal, do fun activities in leisure time then retire for the night.
Gorson Bugyal to Auli and Drive to Dehradun
Wake up to the beautiful vistas in mesmerising surroundings. Witness sunrise and post breakfast head towards Auli. The vehicle will be arranged from Auli to Dehradun.
Please carry the documents given below
- Original and photocopy of government photo identity card- (Aadhar Card, driving license, voters ID, etc.)
- Medical Certificate (first part to be filled by a doctor and second part by the trekker)
- Risk Certificates
Trekkers must bring :
- Strongly built hiking shoes, if you do not own a pair you can rent it from Sankri.
- Sandals or slippers to wear in campsite
- Thick woollen socks, it will keep your feet warm
- Daily wear socks
- Thermals are very important
- 1 shirt, it should be long sleeved
- Shirts and pants for campsite, should be warm
- 1 raincoat or poncho
- Thick gloves
- Trek pants
- Cap and Balaclava (or a scarf)
- Sun glasses
- Sun tan lotion
- Lip balm
- Water bottle
- Personal toiletry items
ATM Point & Mobile connectivity:-
ATM POINT: The last ATM point of this trek is Joshimath.
The connectivity will be intermittent, so make sure you finish all your important work and calls before the trek.
Trekking demands a good investment and this extremely expensive activity is the passion of many, so we have a great announcement to make which will be a great relief to your pockets. Now get your Trek Gear on Rent and all you have to do is make a special renting request while booking your trek. That’s it! We have kept it simple for you.
We carry first aid kits but it’s necessary to carry a personal medical kit.
(Carry minimum 5 tablets and maximum 10)
– Diamox – (prevents altitude sickness)
– Digene – (it cures discomfort in stomach, acidity)
– Crocin Advance – (cures fever and headache)
– Aspirin/Combiflam – (Pain reliever)
– Disprin/Saradon – (cures headache)
– Avomine – (prevents motion sickness)
– Avil – (it treat allergies)
– Norflox TZ & Lomofrn – (prevents Diarrhoea)
– Ranitidine – (reduces the amount of acid in stomach)
– Volini/Moov spray – (for sprains)
– Betadine/Savlon – (Antiseptic cream)
– Band aid
– Stretchable/elastic bandage
– Use medicines only when prescribed by the doctor in case you face any problem in your trek, take advice from Professional guide before taking any medicine.
– Drinking water is necessary during your trek, keep 1 litre of water bottle filled and drink it on proper interval of time, it is very important while hiking.
- Make your booking one or two months prior in advance. If you cancel the trek due to any reason, it is mandatory to notify us. Cancellation charges will only be effective from the date we get your request to cancel the trek.
- If the trek gets cancelled from our side due to natural disaster,rainfall, heavy snowfall or any other reason then the refund will not be initiated but we will arrange another trek.
(Bank charges deducted are not Refundable)
- Up to 30 Days – 90% cost is Refundable
- Between 21 to 30 Days – 50% cost is Refundable
- Less than 20 Days – No Refund
(Refund is initiated within 7-8 business days)