Dhumdhar Kandi Pass
Dhumdhar Kandi Pass connects Bhagirathi and Tons Valley starting from the confluence of Sian Gad, in the old times the locals used this path to reach the remote Tons valley.
Dhumdhar Kandi Pass Fee:
Rs 30000 (Includes GST and all costs of the Trek from Dehradun to Dehradun)
Duration: 13 Days
Highest Point: (5608 m)
Best Season: June to September
Temperature: Day (3°C to 8°C) Night (-2°C to – 5°C)
- Review 0 Reviews0/5
- Vacation Style Holiday Type
- Activity Level
- Group Size Medium Group
Dhumdhar Kandi Pass was recognized in 1815 by James Baillie
Dhumdhar Kandi Pass connects Bhagirathi and Tons Valley starting from the confluence of Sian Gad, in the old times the locals used this path to reach the remote Tons valley. It was recognised in 1815 by James Baillie and a West Bengal’s team traversed this pass successfully.
About Dhumdhar Kadni Pass
Bhagirathi River and Yamuna River are fed by the glaciers on either side of the pass. This trek involves descending into Black Peak ice fall which at Dharali Ki Udari meets Bandapoonch glacier. Go through beautiful mountain villages, surpassing meadows and through big snow fields with overwhelming views of Bandarpoonch, Black Peak and Swargarohini.
Attractions of this Pass
– Exceptional views of Bhagirathi valley and Dhumdhar Kandi Pass.
– Trek through quaint villages, moraines and snow fields
– Relish camping at the perfect spot “Kyarkoti” and on Ruinsara Lake’s bank.
Key Points of Dhumdhar Kandi Pass
- Level is Difficult (this trek is good for beginners)
- Proper conditioning & training of body required
- Need proper gear & clothing for sub-zero temperature
- Shoes are the single most important equipment.
- High Altitude requires proper acclimatization.
- Beautiful landscapes so carry good photo gear & Extra battery backup.
- Travel light
- The backpack should not exceed 10 kg.
Must read about Dhumdhar Kandi Pass
Duration – 13 Days Dehradun to Dehradun
Best Season – June to September
Level – Difficult
Highest Point – (5608 m)
Weather – Nights are cold and day temperature is pleasant during the season
Temperature –Day (3°C to 8°C) Night (-2°C to – 5°C)
Summer temperature –Night (2°C to 5°C) (5°C to 15°C )
Starting point – Dehradun
Day 1– Dehradun to Sankri (210 km) (7/8 hours) (1920 m)
Day 2– Drive from Sankri to Taluka (11 km) Taluka to Seema (12 km) (2700 m) (4/5 hours)
Day 3– Seema to Devsu Bugyal (7 km) (3/4 hours) (3000 m)
Day 4– Devsu Bugyal to Ruinsara Lake (12 km) (6/7 hours) (3500 m)
Day 5– Ruinsara Lake to Kyarkoti Advance Base Camp (7 km) (5/6 hours) (3900 m)
Day 6– Kyarkoti Advance Base Camp to Camp 01 Dharon Odari (6 km) (3/4 hours) (4500 m)
Day 7– Acclimatization Day at Camp 01
Day 8– Dharon Odari (Camp 01) to Camp 02 (4 km) (5000 m)
Day 9– Camp 02 to Dhumdhar Kandi Pass (5608 m) and Gantrara/Ratiya camp (6 km) (4/5 hours)
Day 10– Ratiya camp to Kyarkoti (9 km) (4/5 hours)
Day 11– Kyarkoti to Dharian Gharat (7 km) (4/5 hours)
Day 12– Dharian Gharat to Jhala (9 km) and Drive to Uttarkashi (86 km)
Day 13– Uttarkashi to Dehradun
✅ Transport facility from Dehradun to Dehradun
✅ Forest Permit and entrance fee
✅ Accommodation in tents on twin share basis
✅ Accommodation in Hotel Sankri
✅ All meals: breakfast, packed lunch, tea, coffee, snacks, soup and dinner
✅ (All camping gears)
✅ High quality tents
✅ Sleeping bags
✅ Separate Toilet tents – Ladies and Gents
✅ Dining Tent
✅ Dining Table
✅ Kitchen team
✅ Radio Walkie Talkie for Communication
✅ Good Experience Trek Leader guide and Technical guide
✅ Medical Kit
✅ Oxygen Cylinders
✅ Crampons and Gaiters
❌ Personal Insurance
❌Personal toiletry Items and Personal Medicine kit
❌On first day En Route to base camp the Breakfast and Lunch are Not Included
❌Last Day En Route Lunch and Dinner are Not Included
Full payment confirms your booking
We serve three meals a day including snacks and soup. A variety of delectable and healthy food is provided which includes; Indian, Chinese and other Western meals. They are nutritious and keeps you fit and healthy on your trek.
- Day 1 Dehradun to Sankri (210 km) (7/8 hours) (1920 m)
Our vehicle picks you up from Dehradun railway station then en route towards Sankri (210 km). It takes 7-8 hours to reach there. The drive to Sankri is a picturesque one, you can see a variety of sceneries on the way.
The scenic beauty of valley attracts the visitor’s eye. You will see Yamuna River and Tons valley across the Yamuna Bridge, the crystal clear water gives a very refreshing feeling if you feel tired on the way. You get beautiful views of Mussoorie, Damta, Nowgao, Netwar and Purola on the way. These are the villages where you can see people working in fields and you can have a glimpse of their lifestyle, the combination of light and dark greenery is mesmerizing.
We cross an entry gate of Govind Wildlife Sanctuary, Sankri lies there. When the Baraadsar mountain range and other snow-capped mountains are visible then you are about to reach Sankri, it will take 15-20 minutes more
Sankri is a small village with less number of houses, there is a famous mini market of Sankri with few wooden huts serving traditional and delicious food. From here you can have a glance of some mountain ranges, it is surrounded by the mountains and the environment is pollution free, relish the beauty of Sankri. We own a hotel named “Swargarohini”, enjoy your dinner and night stay there.
- Day 2 Drive from Sankri to Taluka (11 km) Taluka to Seema (12 km) (2700 m) (4/5 hours)
After breakfast from Sankri head to Taluka by taxi and on same day trek starts towards Cheludgad camp- The trail is not in a very good condition. Trek through beautiful dense forest which is rich in Flora and Fauna and it is home to a number of animals.
Langooor families can be easily spotted near Cheludgad. The colourful Himalayan Monal, the state bird of Uttarakhand and other Himalayan birds can be spotted in this region. You can see many other rare species which are not commonly find in any other areas.
If there is not enough time to go to Chelugad camp then 2 km before Taluka there is a campsite beside a stream where you can spend your night in tents and enjoy your meal there.
- Day 3 Seema to Devsu Bugyal (7 km) (3/4 hours) (3000 m)
Trek starts in the morning after breakfast with packed lunch because the trek is long and it will take time to reach the destination, trek starts to Devsu Bugyal on a gradual ascent that offers excellent views of the snow-covered mountains and vast valleys with huge waterfalls and the sights will leave you awestruck.
There is thick dense forest and this area is home to a number of rare species of Himalayan birds, animal and flowers, and is full of birch and spruce.
The trail becomes steep and after the last steep ascent to Devsu Bugyal, when you reach there all you will see is the greenery, enlivening nature and open wide meadows which are perfect for camping. This place offers heartwarming views of Black Peak, pitch your tents and retire for the night.
- Day 4 Devsu Bugyal to Ruinsara Lake (12 km) (6/7 hours) (3500 m)
Ruinsara Lake is at a height of 3500 meters. In the morning after breakfast and with packed lunch, trek starts to Ruinsara Lake and ascending again offers mesmerising views of the snow-capped peaks and wide valleys with huge waterfalls.
The area is home to a number of rare species of Himalayan birds and animals. Trek through the muddy path, there are some slippery areas so you have to be careful, further cross Supin over a bridge.
Ruinsara Taal is a freshwater Lake which lies amidst the pristine peaks and it is nestled on the foot of Mt. Kalanag. The region is idyllic and turns lush green after the rains of June and August. From here you can have magnificent views of Ruinsara Range, Mt. Kalanaa, Banadarpoonch and Swargarohini (I) (II) (III).
Locals of Har Ki Dun region believe that this Lake is sacred because it has stories connected to Mahabharata. There is space for camping near Lake so pitch your tents and spend your nights relaxing in camps.
- Day 5 Ruinsara Lake to Kyarkoti Advance Base Camp (7 km) (5/6 hours) (3900 m)
Today you will be trekking towards Kyarkoti Base Camp and from there you can have a glance of Black Peak which will gear you up with enthusiasm. The campsite is Kyarkoti which is a grassland surrounded by mountains and boulders all around.
Set your camps here and make good plans for the journey ahead and overcoming challenges. After having food retire for the night.
- Day 6 Kyarkoti Advance Base Camp to Camp 01 Dharon Odari (6 km) (3/4 hours) (4500 m)
Today start the trek from Kyarkoti Advance Base Camp to Dharon Odari which is your camp 01. The ascent is steep and you are going to gain altitude.
Reach the campsite setup the camps and retire for the night.
- Day 7 Acclimatization Day at Camp 01
Rest for the day or go for a short hike because acclimatization is important on high altitude treks.
- Day 8 Dharon Odari (Camp 01) to Camp 02 (4 km) (5000 m)
After spending two nights at Dharon Odari (Camp 01) leave for Camp 02 which is at an altitude of 5000 metres. After a sheer ascent and a hard trek reach the campsite.
Pitch your tents there and retire for the night.
- Day 9 Camp 02 to Dhumdhar Kandi Pass (5608 m) and Gantrara/Ratiya camp) (6 km) (4/5 hours)
Start the trek early and analyse the weather conditions. Go towards the pass and climb gradually all the way to reach Dhumdhar Kandi Pass.
You have to cross the humps and the last section is steep so you need ropes to traverse it. Reach the top and the rewards you get are the unmatched views of Bandarpoonch, Black peak and Swargarohini.
Do not spend much time on the top and start descending early because it is steep but further it eases. Reach Gantrara/Ratiya camp, choose the safest place and set your camps, have food and retire for the night.
- Day 10 Ratiya camp to Kyarkoti (9 km) (4/5 hours)
Leave Ratiya camp early and head towards the grasslands of Kyarkoti where you stayed on Day 5. Setup the camps there and retire for the night.
- Day 11 Kyarkoti to Dharian Gharat (7 km) (4/5 hours)
Descent from Kyarkoti to Dharian Gharat, the trek is 7 km long which can be covered in 4-5 hours. Setup the camps there, delectable food will be served then you can settle for the night.
- Day 12 Dharian Gharat to Jhala (9 km) and Drive to Uttarkashi (86 km)
Start heading from Dharian Gharat to Jhala it is a small village and end point of this trek. From here vehicle will be arranged till Uttarkashi. Check in a hotel and enjoy comfortable stay there.
- Day 13 Uttarkashi to Dehradun
Post breakfast have lunch en route. Leave Uttarkashi so that you can reach Dehradun on time.
Please carry the documents given below
- Original and photocopy of government photo identity card- (Aadhar Card, driving license, voters ID, etc.)
- Medical Certificate (first part to be filled by a doctor and second part by the trekker)
- Risk Certificates
Trekkers must bring :
- Strongly built hiking shoes, if you do not own a pair you can rent it from Sankri.
- Sandals or slippers to wear in campsite
- Thick woollen socks, it will keep your feet warm
- Daily wear socks
- Thermals are very important
- 1 shirt, it should be long sleeved
- Shirts and pants for campsite, should be warm
- 1 raincoat or poncho
- Thick gloves
- Trek pants
- Cap and Balaclava (or a scarf)
- Sun glasses
- Sun tan lotion
- Lip balm
- Water bottle
- Personal toiletry items
ATM Point & Mobile connectivity:-
The last ATM point of this trek is Uttarkashi
BSNL networks will be available at Uttarkashi, there will be no networks during the trek. So make sure you finish all your important work and calls before the trek.
Trekking demands a good investment and this extremely expensive activity is the passion of many, so we have a great announcement to make which will be a great relief to your pockets. Now get your Trek Gear on Rent and all you have to do is make a special renting request while booking your trek. That’s it! We have kept it simple for you.
We carry first aid kits but it’s necessary to carry a personal medical kit.
(Carry minimum 5 tablets and maximum 10)
– Diamox – (prevents altitude sickness)
– Digene – (it cures discomfort in stomach, acidity)
– Crocin Advance – (cures fever and headache)
– Aspirin/Combiflam – (Pain reliever)
– Disprin/Saradon – (cures headache)
– Avomine – (prevents motion sickness)
– Avil – (it treat allergies)
– Norflox TZ & Lomofrn – (prevents Diarrhoea)
– Ranitidine – (reduces the amount of acid in stomach)
– Volini/Moov spray – (for sprains)
– Betadine/Savlon – (Antiseptic cream)
– Band aid
– Stretchable/elastic bandage
– Use medicines only when prescribed by the doctor in case you face any problem in your trek, take advice from Professional guide before taking any medicine.
– Drinking water is necessary during your trek, keep 1 litre of water bottle filled and drink it on proper interval of time, it is very important while hiking.
- Cancellation up to 30 Days: You will get Refund of 90 Precent of Trek/adventure program cost.
- Cancellation between 21 to 30 days– You will get refund of 50 Precent of Trek/Adventure/Tour/Travel/Hotel program cost.
- Cancellation in less than 20 days – No refund