Dharansi Pass Trek
Venture in the Outer part of Nanda Devi Sanctuary
Dharansi Pass Trek is the most loved trekking destinations in Garhwal Himalayas of Uttarakhand. It is the entry gate to Nanda Devi Sanctuary and only this trek allows trekkers to venture in the outer parts of this world heritage site.
Trek in this isolated remote region, through the undulating meadows with abundant alpine flowers and get great views of the high Himalayan peaks surrounding this region.
Close Panorama Views from Banned Sanctuary
Entry in Nanda Devi Sanctuary was banned and only a few number of fortunate trekkers are allowed to enter this site. It lies in Chamoli district of Uttarakhand.
The National park is surrounded by towering Himalayan peaks which gives an opportunity to witness Dunagiri, Trishul, Bethartoli, Chaukhamba, Barmal, Ghori, Ronti and extra ordinary sight of magnificent Nanda Devi peak.
Highlights of Dharansi Pass Trek
- With macro-cosmic Himalayan views and varied Flora and Fauna, Dharansi Pass Trek becomes one of the most loved isolated Himalayan trek in Garhwal region.
- It is a great place for wildlife photographers because Leopards, Snow leopards and Black bears can be spotted in this region which is an opportunity to capture some great shots.
- The small settlements in Himalayas, their traditions and culture gives you glimpses of their lifestyle and a chance to know them in close proximity.
Key Points of Dharansi Pass Trek
- Level is Moderate
- Proper conditioning & training of body required
- Need proper gear & clothing for sub-zero temperature
- Shoes are the single most important equipment.
- High Altitude requires proper acclimatization.
- Travel light
- The backpack should not exceed 10 kg.
Must read about Dharansi Pass Trek
Trek Fee:Rs 23000 (Includes GST and all costs of the Trek from Dehradun to Dehradun)
Duration: 8 Days
Temperature: May to June: (15°C to 20°C) (7°C to -2°C)
Sep to Oct: (10°C to 15°C) (5°C to -5°C)
Best Time:May, June, Sep and Oct
Trek distance: 23 Km.
- Review 0 Reviews0/5
- Vacation Style Holiday Type
- Activity Level
- Group Size Large Group
Day 1- Dehradun to Joshimath (256 km)
Day 2 – Joshimath to Lata Road head (25 km) trek to Lata village (1.5 km)
Day 3 – Lata village to Lata Kharak (9 km)
Day 4 – Lata Kharak to Dharansi Pass camp (10 km)
Day 5 – Dharansi Pass camp to Debrugheta and back (14 km)
Day 6 – Dharansi Pass camp to Hitoli (12 km)
Day 7- Hitoli to Suraj Thotha (8 km) and drive to Joshimath (30 km)
Day 8 – Joshimath to Dehradun (256 km)
✅ Transport facility from Dehradun to Dehradun
✅ Forest Permit and entrance fee
✅ Accommodation in tents on twin share basis
✅ All meals: breakfast, packed lunch, tea, coffee, snacks, soup and dinner
✅ (All camping gears)
✅ High quality tents
✅ Sleeping bags
✅ Separate Toilet tents – Ladies and Gents
✅ Dining Tent
✅ Dining Table
✅ Kitchen team
✅ Radio Walkie Talkie for Communication
✅ Good Experience Trek Leader guide and Technical guide
✅ Medical Kit
✅ Oxygen Cylinders
✅ Crampons and Gaiters
❌ Personal Insurance
❌ Medical Certificate
❌ Personal toiletry Items and Personal Medicine kit
❌ On first day En Route to base camp the Breakfast and Lunch are Not Included
❌ Last Day En Route Lunch and Dinner are Not Included
Full payment confirms your booking
We serve three meals a day including snacks and soup. A variety of delectable and healthy food is provided which includes; Indian, Chinese and other Western meals. They are nutritious and keeps you fit and healthy on your trek.
Dehradun to Joshimath (256 km)
Vehicle will be arranged from Dehradun Railway station and departure time is 6:30 in the morning. Drive is along the bank of River Ganga, after you reach Devprayag relish the sight of Bhagirathi River gushing into River Alaknanda.
The mountain views are amazing along the flowing river from Devprayag’s confluence. Have lunch en route and in the evening reach Joshimath. The arrangements will be made in a guest house or a hotel there.
Joshimath to Lata Road head (25 km) trek to Lata village (1.5 km)
Post breakfast, the drive will be towards Lata Road head and from there start trekking towards Lata village. The walk is going to be an easy one on a cemented road passing through village farms.
On the way are orchards of apple, walnut and apricot, pass by them and reach Lata village.
Lata village to Lata Kharak (9 km)
Start the trek from Lata village towards Lata Kharak, the ascent is steep through the dense and overwhelming forests of Blue pines and Deodar trees.
Through the cemented road head towards Bhelta village, halt and have your lunch there then continue trekking to Lata Kharak which lies 5 km away.
The campsite is at an altitude of 3700 m amid towering peaks, get amazed by the exotic views of high Himalayan peaks, have dinner and rest for the night.
Lata Kharak to Dharansi Pass camp (10 km)
Wake up early and witness the glorifying sunrise view of Nanda Ghunti, Dronagiri, Ranthi peak, Bhirtoli-Himal and distant but jaw dropping sight of Kuari Pass, Urga valley, Auli and Lata village.
Start the trek with a steep incline, walk for a couple of hours and now the trail bifurcates. Take the left trail which leads to Jhandi Dhar, reach there and further go to Bagfyana pass.
The trail now turns a little difficult through Satkula’s narrow gorge which follows some sheer ascents and descents. After you cross this section the meadows of Dharansi pass welcomes you. Setup your camps near the water point and retire for the night.
Dharansi Pass camp to Debrugheta and back (14 km)
Today we will return to the Dharansi Pass camp so you can leave your bags at the campsite and only carry the important items.
Start the day young and leave for Debrugheta. Nanda Devi Sanctuary’s inner and outer boundary is divided by Malthuni- Bethartoli and it is the last point where we are allowed to go.
Debrugheta lies at a lower altitude so, descend and reach there. After spending some time there, leave early for the campsite because getting back will be tough.
Dharansi Pass camp to Hitoli (12 km)
Today will be a long trekking day, have breakfast and descent to Jhandi Dhar. Pass through the forest of Silver birch and Rhododendrons, there are many water points on the way where you can refill your water bottles.
Reach Hitoli, setup your camps have sumptuous food and rest for the day.
Hitoli to Suraj Thotha (8 km) and drive to Joshimath (30 km)
From Hitoli descend to Tomla village by passing through the trail with Deodar trees lined up on sides. Suraj Thotha lies 3 km away from this village.
After a steep descent reach the road head, vehicles will be arranged till Joshimath.
Joshimath to Dehradun (256 km)
Have breakfast and depart to Dehradun and take many memories with you.
Please carry the documents given below
- Original and photocopy of government photo identity card- (Aadhar Card, driving license, voters ID, etc.)
- Medical Certificate (first part to be filled by a doctor and second part by the trekker)
- Risk Certificates
Trekkers must bring :
- Strongly built hiking shoes, if you do not own a pair you can rent it from Sankri.
- Sandals or slippers to wear in campsite
- Thick woollen socks, it will keep your feet warm
- Daily wear socks
- Thermals are very important
- 1 shirt, it should be long sleeved
- Shirts and pants for campsite, should be warm
- 1 raincoat or poncho
- Thick gloves
- Trek pants
- Cap and Balaclava (or a scarf)
- Sun glasses
- Sun tan lotion
- Lip balm
- Water bottle
- Personal toiletry items
ATM Point & Mobile Connectivity:-
ATM POINT: Withdraw money before your journey, Joshimath is the last point where you will find ATM.
Most of the networks will be available at Joshimath, ahead you cannot rely on the signal strength because of the intermittent connectivity. So finish all your important calls and work before starting of the trek.
Trekking demands a good investment and this extremely expensive activity is the passion of many, so we have a great announcement to make which will be a great relief to your pockets. Now get your Trek Gear on Rent and all you have to do is make a special renting request while booking your trek. That’s it! We have kept it simple for you.
We carry first aid kits but it’s necessary to carry a personal medical kit.
(Carry minimum 5 tablets and maximum 10)
– Diamox – (prevents altitude sickness)
– Digene – (it cures discomfort in stomach, acidity)
– Crocin Advance – (cures fever and headache)
– Aspirin/Combiflam – (Pain reliever)
– Disprin/Saradon – (cures headache)
– Avomine – (prevents motion sickness)
– Avil – (it treat allergies)
– Norflox TZ & Lomofrn – (prevents Diarrhoea)
– Ranitidine – (reduces the amount of acid in stomach)
– Volini/Moov spray – (for sprains)
– Betadine/Savlon – (Antiseptic cream)
– Band aid
– Stretchable/elastic bandage
– Use medicines only when prescribed by the doctor in case you face any problem in your trek, take advice from Professional guide before taking any medicine.
– Drinking water is necessary during your trek, keep 1 litre of water bottle filled and drink it on proper interval of time, it is very important while hiking.
- Make your booking one or two months prior in advance. If you cancel the trek due to any reason, it is mandatory to notify us. Cancellation charges will only be effective from the date we get your request to cancel the trek.
- If the trek gets cancelled from our side due to natural disaster,rainfall, heavy snowfall or any other reason then the refund will not be initiated but we will arrange another trek.
(Bank charges deducted are not Refundable)
- Up to 30 Days – 90% cost is Refundable
- Between 21 to 30 Days – 50% cost is Refundable
- Less than 20 Days – No Refund
(Refund is initiated within 7-8 business days)