“God’s Forest” in the peaceful hills of Chakrata
Meaning of Deoban is “God’s forest”. Deoban trek is a peaceful forest amongst the hills of Chakrata at an altitude of 2900 m, a part of this forest lies in the Kansar forest range. This tranquil place is undisturbed by the trekkers and not much people have explored it yet.
Vasudev wrote “Mahabharata” in Deoban
A scenic and captivating place in Chakrata, it is a dense forest of oaks, pines, deodar, fir and shrubs as not many people have explored this place the aura is peaceful and the environment is serene. A Forest Rest house is there from there you can get a lovely view of an alluring meadow, it is the only building present in that area.
The highest point of this place is Vyas Shikhar from where you get the panoramic views of Himalayan mountain ranges and the good thing is the place is not at all crowded there is a myth about this place that Vasudev wrote Mahabharata here. In winters the trail gets covered by snow and makes it extremely enthralling.
An easy trek with combination of scenic views and adventure
An easy short trek with mesmerizing scenic views, this place is the best for nature lovers. The beginners should choose this trek as it is filled with the combination of adventure and beauty.
Key Points of Deoban Trek
- Level is Easy
- Proper conditioning & training of body required
- Need proper gear & clothing for sub-zero temperature
- Shoes are the single most important equipment.
- High Altitude requires proper acclimatization.
- Beautiful landscapes so carry good photo gear & Extra battery backup
- Travel light
- The backpack should not exceed 10 kg.
Must read about Deoban Trek
Trek Fee: Rs.4500 Per Person (Includes GST and all costs of the Trek from Dehradun to Dehradun)
Duration: 3 Days
Summer Temperature:(8°C to 25°C)
Winter Temperature: (-3°C to -5°C)
Altitude: (9647 feet)
Best Time:Throughout the year
- Review 0 Reviews0/5
- Vacation Style Holiday Type
- Activity Level
- Group Size Medium Group
Day 1– Dehradun to Lokhandi via Chakrata and trek to Moila Top (2810 m) (2 km) (1.5 hour)
Day 2– Moila Top to Lokhandi (2 km) (1.5 hour) and drive to Deoban (2900 m) (22 km) (1/2 hours) trek to Vyas Shikhar (3000 m) (0.5 km) and back to Deoban
Day 3– Deoban to Dehradun (110 km) (4/5 hours)
Rainfall Chart of Deoban Trek in mm
✅ Transport facility from Dehradun to Dehradun
✅ Forest Permit and entrance fee
✅ Accommodation in tents on twin share basis
✅ All meals: breakfast, packed lunch, tea, coffee, snacks, soup and dinner
✅ (All camping gears)
✅ High quality tents
✅ Sleeping bags
✅ Separate Toilet tents – Ladies and Gents
✅ Dining Tent
✅ Dining Table
✅ Kitchen team
✅ Radio Walkie Talkie for Communication
✅ Good Experience Trek Leader guide and Technical guide
✅ Medical Kit
✅ Oxygen Cylinders
✅ Crampons and Gaiters
❌ Personal Insurance
❌Personal toiletry Items and Personal Medicine kit
❌On first day En Route to base camp the Breakfast and Lunch are Not Included
❌Last Day En Route Lunch and Dinner are Not Included
Full payment confirms your booking
We serve three meals a day including snacks and soup. A variety of delectable and healthy food is provided which includes; Indian, Chinese and other Western meals. They are nutritious and keeps you fit and healthy on your trek.
Dehradun to Lokhandi via Chakrata and trek to Moila Top (2810 m) (2 km) (1.5 hour)
Our pick up point is Dehradun Railway Station and the drive is through the route of Vikasnagar. Reach Chakrata which is a beautiful hill station and a famous tourist spot by passing through beautiful mountain roads. Have your breakfast and lunch en route.
Lokhandi is a village and starting point of this trek, after a short break head towards Moila Top, a temple is located there and it offers 360 degree views of snow clad mountains. In winters the trail remains covered in snow which makes the trek from Lokhandi to Moila Top (Budher Gufa) adventurous one.
Reach the campsite with mind boggling views and peaceful surroundings. Spend your night here stargazing and relishing the beauty. Have sumptuous dinner and retire for the night.
Moila Top to Lokhandi (2 km) (1.5 hour) and drive to Deoban (2900 m) (22 km) (1/2 hours) trek to Vyas Shikhar (3000 m) (0.5 km) and back to Deoban
Leave the Moila Top’s campsite, decent and reach Lokhandi. From there vehicle will be arranged till Deoban. Go through the dense forest, cross a ridge and start trekking through a rock path.
Ahead is a Forest rest house, and the meadows widespread in front looks picture perfect. Come across abundant Deodar trees and a great variety of rare Himalayan birds. Have your lunch in middle of the trek and head towards Vyas Shikhar the highest peak of this trek.
On the way you will get great views of Shivalik and Himalayan ranges. Reach the highest point and get macrocosmic views from there.
Here is a list of peaks visible from Vyas Shikhar:
Swargarohini (6252 m)
Nanda Ghunti (6309 m)
Bandarpunch (6316 m)
Black Peak (6387 m)
Kedarnath peak (6940 m)
Nanda Devi (7816 m)
Rishikot (6193 m)
Trishul (7120 m)
Hardeol (7151 m)
Dunagiri (7066 m)
Kirti Stambh (6133 m)
Srikantha (6133 m)
Sumeru Parvat (6193 m)
Rangrik range (6553 m)
Gangotri massif (6672 m)
Jaonli (6632 m)
Kedar dome (6831 m)
Chaukhamba massif (7138 m)
Jorkanden (6473 m)
Bhripanth (6772 m)
Mandani Parvat (6193 m)
Kharchakund (6612 m)
Bhartekunta (6578 m)
Bethartoli Massif (6352 m)
You will be amazed by the macrocosmic views from this point in such a short trek. After spending some time bid adieu to this exotic place and trek back to Deoban. Reach there and spend your night comfortably.
Deoban to Dehradun (110 km) (4/5 hours)
Post breakfast leave for Dehradun via Chakrata. Have lunch en route.
Please carry the documents given below
- Original and photocopy of government photo identity card- (Aadhar Card, driving license, voters ID, etc.)
- Medical Certificate (first part to be filled by a doctor and second part by the trekker)
- Risk Certificates
Trekkers must bring :
- Strongly built hiking shoes, if you do not own a pair you can rent it from Sankri.
- Sandals or slippers to wear in campsite
- Thick woollen socks, it will keep your feet warm
- Daily wear socks
- Thermals are very important
- 1 shirt, it should be long sleeved
- Shirts and pants for campsite, should be warm
- 1 raincoat or poncho
- Thick gloves
- Trek pants
- Cap and Balaclava (or a scarf)
- Sun glasses
- Sun tan lotion
- Lip balm
- Water bottle
- Personal toiletry items
ATM Point & Mobile connectivity:-
Withdraw money before your journey, before Dehradun is the last point where you will find ATM.
There are no networks during the trek, after Dehradun no networks would be available. So make sure you finish all your important work and calls before starting of the trek.
Trekking demands a good investment and this extremely expensive activity is the passion of many, so we have a great announcement to make which will be a great relief to your pockets. Now get your Trek Gear on Rent and all you have to do is make a special renting request while booking your trek. That’s it! We have kept it simple for you.
We carry first aid kits but it’s necessary to carry a personal medical kit.
(Carry minimum 5 tablets and maximum 10)
– Diamox – (prevents altitude sickness)
– Digene – (it cures discomfort in stomach, acidity)
– Crocin Advance – (cures fever and headache)
– Aspirin/Combiflam – (Pain reliever)
– Disprin/Saradon – (cures headache)
– Avomine – (prevents motion sickness)
– Avil – (it treat allergies)
– Norflox TZ & Lomofrn – (prevents Diarrhoea)
– Ranitidine – (reduces the amount of acid in stomach)
– Volini/Moov spray – (for sprains)
– Betadine/Savlon – (Antiseptic cream)
– Band aid
– Stretchable/elastic bandage
– Use medicines only when prescribed by the doctor in case you face any problem in your trek, take advice from Professional guide before taking any medicine.
– Drinking water is necessary during your trek, keep 1 litre of water bottle filled and drink it on proper interval of time, it is very important while hiking.
- Make your booking one or two months prior in advance. If you cancel the trek due to any reason, it is mandatory to notify us. Cancellation charges will only be effective from the date we get your request to cancel the trek.
- If the trek gets cancelled from our side due to natural disaster,rainfall, heavy snowfall or any other reason then the refund will not be initiated but we will arrange another trek.
(Bank charges deducted are not Refundable)
- Up to 30 Days – 90% cost is Refundable
- Between 21 to 30 Days – 50% cost is Refundable
- Less than 20 Days – No Refund
(Refund is initiated within 7-8 business days)