Dayara Bugyal Trek
Dayara Bugyal is an incomparable trek, the beauty of this trek is ravishing. The blooming meadows of Dayara are the main attraction of this trek. Experience the real bliss on this trek.
Dayara Bugyal Fee:
Rs 7000 (Includes GST and all costs of the Trek from Barsu to Barsu)
Duration: 5 Days
Highest Point: (3657 m)
Best Season: March, April, May, June, July, Aug, Sep, October, Nov and Dec
Level: Easy to Moderate
Summer Temperature: (5° C to 15° C)
Winter Temperature: (-3°C to -5° C) (-5°C to -10°C)
Review 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Group Size Medium Group
The Bugyals are:
Bugyals are alpine pasture lands or meadows in high elevation range of Himalayas in the state of Uttarakhand.
Wide splendid meadows of Dayara are a real Bliss
Dayara Bugyal is in Uttarkashi district which is at an elevation of 10,000 to 12,500 ft. There are wide splendid meadows, high Himalayan Mountain peaks which are covered by snow during winters, the beauty of it cannot be described in words but it can only be felt. The route of this Trek trails through Oak forests, clear water-bodies and Grasslands.
This Trek is a delight for Nature Lovers
Wildflowers and dense forests of Rhododendrons and Oak are widely found in this region and they are fenced by valleys. You will see clear water-bodies and high mountains en route. Gangotri group of peaks, Srikanth Mahadev peak, Bandarpooch and Black peak can be seen glistening on the way and from top.
Winter and Summer Trek
It blooms during March and June with uncountable colorful wildflowers across the meadows and in winters a sheet of snow covers all the meadows.
Key Points of Dayara Bugyal
- Level is Easy to Moderate (this trek is good for beginners)
- Proper conditioning & training of body required
- Need proper gear & clothing for sub-zero temperature
- Shoes are the single most important equipment
- High Altitude requires proper acclimatization
- Beautiful landscapes so carry good photo gear & Extra battery backup
- Travel light
- The backpack should not exceed 10 kg
Must read about Dayara Bugyal
Duration – 5 Days (Barsu to Barsu)
Best Season – March, April, May, June, July, Aug, Sep, October, Nov and Dec
Level – Easy to Moderate
Highest Point – (3657 m)
Trekking distance (total) – (21 km)
Weather – Nights are cold and day temperature is pleasant during the season
Winter temperature – (-3°C to -5°C) and (-5°C to -10°C)
Summer temperature – (5°C to 15°C)
Starting point – Dehradun
Day 1– Dehradun to Barsu (7381 feet) (7/8 hours)
Day 2– Barsu to (7381 feet) to Barnala (9884 feet) (5/6 hours)
Day 3– Barnala to Dayara Bugyal via Bakariya Top (12057 feet) and return to Barnala (9884 feet)
Day 4– Barnala to Barsu (4/5 hours)
Day 5– Barsu to Dehradun (7/8 hours)
✅ Transport facility from Barsu to Barsu
✅ Forest Permit and entrance fee
✅ Accommodation in tents on twin share basis
✅ All meals: breakfast, packed lunch, tea, coffee, snacks, soup and dinner
✅ (All camping gears)
✅ High quality tents
✅ Sleeping bags
✅ Separate Toilet tents – Ladies and Gents
✅ Dining Tent
✅ Dining Table
✅ Kitchen team
✅ Radio Walkie Talkie for Communication
✅ Good Experience Trek Leader guide and Technical guide
✅ Medical Kit
✅ Oxygen Cylinders
✅ Crampons and Gaiters
❌ Personal Insurance
❌Personal toiletry Items and Personal Medicine kit
❌On first day En Route to base camp the Breakfast and Lunch are Not Included
❌Last Day En Route Lunch and Dinner are Not Included
Full payment confirms your booking
We serve three meals a day including snacks and soup. A variety of delectable and healthy food is provided which includes; Indian, Chinese and other Western meals. They are nutritious and keeps you fit and healthy on your trek.
Dehradun to Barsu (7381 feet) (7/8 hours)
You can reach Barsu from Dehradun after 7-8 hours’ drive. The drive is along the bank of Bhagirathi River, go through some forest stretches and reach Uttarkashi.
Ahead arrive Barsu and catch the sight of Draupadi ka Danda and Mt. Jaonli with views of Gangotri group of peaks and Srikhand Mahadev.
Barsu to (7381 feet) to Barnala (9884 feet) (5/6 hours)
Start the trek from Barsu and after heading towards Barnala, the Gangotri peaks can be seen clearly.
The trail takes you through woods, you will find Oaks, Deodar and Silver Birch and Rhododendrons in abundance there.
Reach Baranala, campsite for the day, the green stretches start from here. The views are rewarding, get there enchanted by the sunset view of Gangotri peaks.
Witness Bandarpoonch, Black Peak, Draupadi ka Danda and Srikhand Mahadev glistening in front.
Barnala to Dayara Bugyal via Bakariya Top (12057 feet) and return to Barnala (9884 feet)
Leave the campsite and head towards the upper meadows of Barnala. Ahead lies forest section and enter the forests and climb through stone paved path.
Climb for an hour and the treeline recedes, reach the meadows edge and encounter enthralling views of Bandarpoonch and Black Peak. The views from Dayara Bugyal are heart-warming and the morning views are feast for the eyes.
You will see series of meadows which seems never ending and the sunrays creates some magic in the sight. In the Month of May and June, this place is at full bloom with uncountable colourful flowers and in winter season the snow covers the meadows and looks like a white blanket.
Explore these meadows to the fullest and afterwards plan your return to Branala.
Barnala to Barsu (4/5 hours)
Descending is easy so it will take less time. Bid goodbye to the amazing views of Bandarpoonch. Retrace your steps and get back to Barsu. It is the end point of this trek.
Barsu to Dehradun (7/8 hours)
Post breakfast leave early to reach Dehradun on time.
Please carry the documents given below
- Original and photocopy of government photo identity card- (Aadhar Card, driving license, voters ID, etc.)
- Medical Certificate (first part to be filled by a doctor and second part by the trekker)
- Risk Certificates
Trekkers must bring :
- Strongly built hiking shoes, if you do not own a pair you can rent it from Sankri.
- Sandals or slippers to wear in campsite
- Thick woollen socks, it will keep your feet warm
- Daily wear socks
- Thermals are very important
- 1 shirt, it should be long sleeved
- Shirts and pants for campsite, should be warm
- 1 raincoat or poncho
- Thick gloves
- Trek pants
- Cap and Balaclava (or a scarf)
- Sun glasses
- Sun tan lotion
- Lip balm
- Water bottle
- Personal toiletry items
ATM Point & Mobile connectivity:-
ATM POINT: Withdraw money before your journey, Uttarkashi is the last point where you will find ATM.
There are no networks during the trek, in Bhatwari the networks are available but only on the main road before Raithal. Make sure you finish all your important work and calls before starting of the trek
Trekking demands a good investment and this extremely expensive activity is the passion of many, so we have a great announcement to make which will be a great relief to your pockets. Now get your Trek Gear on Rent and all you have to do is make a special renting request while booking your trek. That’s it! We have kept it simple for you.
We carry first aid kits but it’s necessary to carry a personal medical kit.
(Carry minimum 5 tablets and maximum 10)
– Diamox – (prevents altitude sickness)
– Digene – (it cures discomfort in stomach, acidity)
– Crocin Advance – (cures fever and headache)
– Aspirin/Combiflam – (Pain reliever)
– Disprin/Saradon – (cures headache)
– Avomine – (prevents motion sickness)
– Avil – (it treat allergies)
– Norflox TZ & Lomofrn – (prevents Diarrhoea)
– Ranitidine – (reduces the amount of acid in stomach)
– Volini/Moov spray – (for sprains)
– Betadine/Savlon – (Antiseptic cream)
– Band aid
– Stretchable/elastic bandage
– Use medicines only when prescribed by the doctor in case you face any problem in your trek, take advice from Professional guide before taking any medicine.
– Drinking water is necessary during your trek, keep 1 litre of water bottle filled and drink it on proper interval of time, it is very important while hiking.
- Cancellation up to 30 Days: You will get Refund of 90 Precent of Trek/adventure program cost.
- Cancellation between 21 to 30 days– You will get refund of 50 Precent of Trek/Adventure/Tour/Travel/Hotel program cost.
- Cancellation in less than 20 days – No refund