Dayara Bugyal is an incomparable trek, the beauty of this trek is ravishing. The blooming meadows of Dayara are the main attraction of this trek. The route of this Trek trails through Oak forests, clear water-bodies and Grasslands.
Dayara Bugyal Fee:
Rs 10500 (Includes GST and all costs of the Trek from Dehradun to Dehradun)
Duration: 6 Days
Highest Point: (3657 m)
Best Season: March April, May, June, July, August, September, October and in winters
Level: Easy to Moderate
Summer Temperature: (5° C to 15° C)
Winter Temperature: (-3°C to -5° C) (-5°C to -10°C)
Review 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Group Size Medium Group
The Bugyals are:
Bugyals are alpine pasture lands or meadows in high elevation range of Himalayas in the state of Uttarakhand.
Wide splendid meadows of Dayara are a real Bliss
Dayara Bugyal is in Uttarkashi district which is at an elevation of 10,000 to 12,500 ft. There are wide splendid meadows, high Himalayan Mountain peaks which are covered by snow during winters, the beauty of it cannot be described in words but it can only be felt. The route of this Trek trails through Oak forests, clear water-bodies and Grasslands.
This Trek is a delight for Nature Lovers
Wildflowers and dense forests of Rhododendrons and Oak are widely found in thi9s region and they are fenced by valleys. You will see clear water-bodies and high mountains en route. Gangotri group of peaks, Srikanth Mahadev peak, Bandarpooch and Black peak can be seen glistening on the way and from top.
Winter and Summer Trek
It blooms during March and June with uncountable colourful wildflowers across the meadows and in winters a sheet of snow covers all the meadows.
Key Points of Dayara Bugyal
- Level is Moderate (this trek is good for beginners)
- Proper conditioning & training of body required
- Need proper gear & clothing for sub-zero temperature
- Shoes are the single most important equipment
- High Altitude requires proper acclimatization
- Beautiful landscapes so carry good photo gear & Extra battery backup
- Travel light
- The backpack should not exceed 10 kg
Must read about Dayara Bugyal
Duration – 6 Days Dehradun to Dehradun
Best Season – March April, May, June, July, August, September, October and in winters
Level – Easy to Moderate
Highest Point – (3657 m)
Trekking distance (total) –(21 km)
Weather – Nights are cold and day temperature is pleasant during the season
Winter temperature – (-3°C to -5°C) and (-5°C to -10°C)
Summer temperature –(5°C to 15°C)
Starting point – Dehradun
Day 1– Dehradun to Raithal (7400 feet) (7/8 hours)
Day 2– Raithal to Gui (9,500 feet) (4/5 hours)
Day 3– Gui to Barnala (9884 feet) (4 hours)
Day 4– Barnala to Dayara Top (12057 feet) and return to Gui (9500 feet) (5/6 hours)
Day 5– Gui to Raithal (3/4 hours)
Day 6– Raithal to Dehradun
✅ Transport facility from Dehradun to Dehradun
✅ Forest Permit and entrance fee
✅ Accommodation in tents on twin share basis
✅ All meals: breakfast, packed lunch, tea, coffee, snacks, soup and dinner
✅ (All camping gears)
✅ High quality tents
✅ Sleeping bags
✅ Separate Toilet tents – Ladies and Gents
✅ Dining Tent
✅ Dining Table
✅ Kitchen team
✅ Radio Walkie Talkie for Communication
✅ Good Experience Trek Leader guide and Technical guide
✅ Medical Kit
✅ Oxygen Cylinders
✅ Crampons and Gaiters
❌ Personal Insurance
❌Personal toiletry Items and Personal Medicine kit
❌On first day En Route to base camp the Breakfast and Lunch are Not Included
❌Last Day En Route Lunch and Dinner are Not Included
Full payment confirms your booking
We serve three meals a day including snacks and soup. A variety of delectable and healthy food is provided which includes; Indian, Chinese and other Western meals. They are nutritious and keeps you fit and healthy on your trek.
Dehradun to Raithal (7400 feet) (7/8 hours)
You can reach Raithal from Dehradun after 7-8 hours’ drive. The drive is along the bank of Bhagirathi River, go through some forest stretches and reach Uttarkashi.
Ahead arrive Raithal and catch the sight of Draupadi ka Danda and Mt. Jaonli with views of Gangotri group of peaks and Srikhand Mahadev.
Raithal to Gui (9,500 feet) (4/5 hours)
Start the trek from Raithal and after heading towards Gui, the Gangotri peaks can be seen clearly. Ascend gradually through the village of Raithal, the trail is well made and after an hour you will come across a green clearing.
Take a rest break there and ahead the trail takes you through woods, you will find Oaks and Rhododendrons in abundance there. The small clearings will surprise you before reaching Gui.
This campsite is also a forest clearing with some huts nearby.
Gui to Barnala (9884 feet) (4 hours)
Start the ascent and the mountains on the other side are visible. The trail to Barnala is through a forest, enter the forest of oaks and after 2 hours of hiking you will reach Barnala.
A small stream pass through this campsite and some structures of forest department are located there. Relish the mountain views from here, have lunch and head towards the meadows of Barnala.
Trek through the alluring meadows and ahead lies temple of Nag Devta near a pond. To reach there you have to cross a steep climb but the views are worth watching, from there you will be enchanted by the sunset view of Gangotri peaks.
From the campsite or a high point you can see Bandarpoonch, Black Peak, Draupadi ka Danda and Srikhand Mahadev glistening.
Barnala to Dayara Top (12057 feet) and return to Gui (9500 feet) (5/6 hours)
Leave the campsite and head towards the upper meadows of Barnala. Ahead lies forest section and enter the forests and climb through stone paved path.
Climb for an hour and the treeline recedes, reach the meadows edge and encounter enthralling views of Bandarpoonch and Black Peak. The views from Dayara Bugyal are heart-warming and the morning views are feast for the eyes.
You will see series of meadows which seems never ending and the sunrays creates some magic in the sight. In the Month of May and June, this place is at full bloom with uncountable colourful flowers and in winter season the snow covers the meadows and looks like a white blanket.
Explore these meadows to the fullest and afterwards plan your return to Gui.
Gui to Raithal (3/4 hours)
Today’s trek is not a long one so you can start around 9:00 am. Descent through a dense forest section and reach the route which diverts to Barnala.
Continue your downhill trek and bid goodbye to the amazing views of Bandarpoonch. Ahead is a grassy clearing with a water source, you can rest here and then start the trek to Raithal.
Reach Raithal, this is the end point of this trek.
Raithal to Dehradun
You can reach Dehradun in 7 to 8 hours.
Please carry the documents given below
- Original and photocopy of government photo identity card- (Aadhar Card, driving license, voters ID, etc.)
- Medical Certificate (first part to be filled by a doctor and second part by the trekker)
- Risk Certificates
Trekkers must bring :
- Strongly built hiking shoes, if you do not own a pair you can rent it from Sankri.
- Sandals or slippers to wear in campsite
- Thick woollen socks, it will keep your feet warm
- Daily wear socks
- Thermals are very important
- 1 shirt, it should be long sleeved
- Shirts and pants for campsite, should be warm
- 1 raincoat or poncho
- Thick gloves
- Trek pants
- Cap and Balaclava (or a scarf)
- Sun glasses
- Sun tan lotion
- Lip balm
- Water bottle
- Personal toiletry items
ATM Point & Mobile connectivity:-
ATM POINT: Withdraw money before your journey, Uttarkashi is the last point where you will find ATM.
There are no networks during the trek, in Bhatwari the networks are available but only on the main road before Raithal. Make sure you finish all your important work and calls before starting of the trek
Trekking demands a good investment and this extremely expensive activity is the passion of many, so we have a great announcement to make which will be a great relief to your pockets. Now get your Trek Gear on Rent and all you have to do is make a special renting request while booking your trek. That’s it! We have kept it simple for you.
We carry first aid kits but it’s necessary to carry a personal medical kit.
(Carry minimum 5 tablets and maximum 10)
– Diamox – (prevents altitude sickness)
– Digene – (it cures discomfort in stomach, acidity)
– Crocin Advance – (cures fever and headache)
– Aspirin/Combiflam – (Pain reliever)
– Disprin/Saradon – (cures headache)
– Avomine – (prevents motion sickness)
– Avil – (it treat allergies)
– Norflox TZ & Lomofrn – (prevents Diarrhoea)
– Ranitidine – (reduces the amount of acid in stomach)
– Volini/Moov spray – (for sprains)
– Betadine/Savlon – (Antiseptic cream)
– Band aid
– Stretchable/elastic bandage
– Use medicines only when prescribed by the doctor in case you face any problem in your trek, take advice from Professional guide before taking any medicine.
– Drinking water is necessary during your trek, keep 1 litre of water bottle filled and drink it on proper interval of time, it is very important while hiking.
- If the trek is cancelled by us due to any reason (heavy snowfall, rainfall, natural disaster etc.) then the refund would not be initiated but you can go on the same trek another year.
The cancellation charges are as follows –
(No bank charges deducted will be Refundable)
- Up to 30 Days – 90 precent cost is Refundable
- Between 21 to 30 Days – 50 precent cost is Refundable
- Less than 20 Days – No Refund
(Refunds are initiated in 7-8 business days)