Darwa Pass Trek
Amphitheatre Of Mountains
Darwa Pass Trek perched at a height of 4150 meters connects Ganga and Yamuna River valleys. This pass offers excellent panorama views of Swargarohini peaks, Bandarpunch, Hanuman Ganga valley, Srikantha peaks, Draupadi Ka Danda and Deonli.
Explore Dodital, Darwa Pass and Yamunotri
This trek is a mixture of lush green forests, undulating meadows, lakes, high mountain ridges and pilgrimages. Explore a serene Tal and Ganesha’s birthplace “Dodital” further move to Darwa Pass which offers extremely beautiful Panorama views and descent to reach Yamunotri, Hindu’s pilgrimage site and origin of River Yamuna.
Bliss in Winters
This place is rich in Flora and Fauna with a large variety. This is one of the most preferred trek in Garhwal Himalayas. It is a bliss in winters because the snow changes the green meadows into white and the snow covered mountain views turn feast for the eyes.
Key Points of Darwa Pass Trek
- Level is Moderate
- Proper conditioning & training of body required
- Need proper gear & clothing for sub-zero temperature
- Shoes are the single most important equipment.
- High Altitude requires proper acclimatization.
- Beautiful landscapes so carry good photo gear & Extra battery backup.
- Travel light
- The backpack should not exceed 10 kg.
Must read about Darwa Pass Trek
Trek Fee: Rs.17000 Per Person (Includes GST and all costs of the Trek from Dehradun to Dehradun)
Duration: 7 Days
Summer Temperature:Day (10°C to 20° C) Night (5°C to -5°C)
Best Time:March to October
Winter Temperature:(-3°C to -5°C) (-5°C to -10°C)
- Review 0 Reviews0/5
- Vacation Style Holiday Type
- Activity Level
- Group Size Large Group
Day 1– Dehradun to Uttarkashi (1150 m) (178 km) (8/9 hours)
Day 2– Uttarkashi to Sangam chatti (2400 m) (15 km) and trek to Manjhi (3000 m) via Agora and Bhebra
Day 3– Manjhi to Dodital (3040 m) (6 km) (2.5 hours)
Day 4– Dodital to Darwa Pass (4150 m) and descent to Seema (3415 m) (15 km) (10/11 hours)
Day 5– Seema to Hanuman Chatti (2400 m) (13 km) (5/6 hours)
Day 6– Hanuman Chatti to Yamunotri (3293 m) and descent to Jan Ki Chatti (2650 m)
Day 7– Jan Ki Chatti to Dehradun (180 km) (6/7 hours)
✅ Transport facility from Dehradun to Dehradun
✅ Forest Permit and entrance fee
✅ Accommodation in tents on twin share basis
✅ Accommodation in Hotel Sankri
✅ All meals: breakfast, packed lunch, tea, coffee, snacks, soup and dinner
✅ (All camping gears)
✅ High quality tents
✅ Sleeping bags
✅ Separate Toilet tents – Ladies and Gents
✅ Dining Tent
✅ Dining Table
✅ Kitchen team
✅ Radio Walkie Talkie for Communication
✅ Good Experience Trek Leader guide and Technical guide
✅ Medical Kit
✅ Oxygen Cylinders
✅ Crampons and Gaiters
❌ Personal Insurance
❌Personal toiletry Items and Personal Medicine kit
❌On first day En Route to base camp the Breakfast and Lunch are Not Included
❌Last Day En Route Lunch and Dinner are Not Included
Full payment confirms your booking
We serve three meals a day including snacks and soup. A variety of delectable and healthy food is provided which includes; Indian, Chinese and other Western meals. They are nutritious and keeps you fit and healthy on your trek.
Dehradun to Uttarkashi (1150 m) (178 km) (8/9 hours)
Our vehicle picks you up from Dehradun then leaves for Uttarkashi through the route of Mussoorie, en route Tehri Lake is visible and you can reach Uttarkashi in 8 to 9 hours. Check in a hotel and retire for the night.
Uttarkashi to Sangam chatti (2400 m) (15 km) and trek to Manjhi (3000 m) via Agora and Bhebra
Have your breakfast in the Hotel and then drive 15 km to Sangam chatti, it will take 1 hour. Start your trek, the trail is steep and made up of stones.
As you go higher the view of snow covered mountains appear, then Agora village is also visible from a distance. Come across a waterfall just in front of the welcome board of Agora, a small village.
Further the trail becomes narrow and clean as villagers use this trail frequently. To reach Bhebra descent and cross a river with the help of rocks. Bhebra is surrounded by mountains from three sides. Climb a ridge and enjoy walking through the forested areas under the shades of trees.
After crossing the last ridge you come opposite to the Bakria Top. Ahead when the huts are then you are about to reach Manjhi. These are 10-15 shepherds huts lined up. Manjhi is a forest clearing and has good space for camping. Setup your camps, have dinner and retire for the night.
Manjhi to Dodital (3040 m) (6 km) (2.5 hours)
Dodital is 6 km away from Manjhi and the distance can be covered in 2.5/3 hours. The terrain is flat and wide.
Go through the forest of Oaks. In winters the snow makes trekking tough so the ice axe is needed. Reach Dodital a serene Lake and “Ganesha’s” birthplace which is surrounded by lofty mountains from three sides and is very spacious.
There are guest houses and temples beside Dodital, a stream flows just before this Tal. Explore the temples and at night have dinner and retire for the night.
Dodital to Darwa Pass (4150 m) and descent to Seema (3415 m) (15 km) (10/11 hours)
Darwa Pass offers splendid views Swargarohini peaks, Bandarpunch, Hanuman Ganga valley, Srikantha peaks, Draupadi Ka Danda and Deonli; standing tall totally covered in snow. Start the ascent to and go through meadows with snow patches. The Rhododendron trees on the side looks beautiful.
Further the trail becomes steep, cross it and reach Darwa top and the 360 degree panorama view of Himalayan ranges will leave you speechless. Spend time there in the tranquil charm then descent to Seema which lies beside Hanuman Ganga.
Seema to Hanuman Chatti (2400 m) (13 km) (5/6 hours)
Today is a long but easy trek by passing through the lush green forests and meadows. The tail from bridge to Hanuman Chatti is used regularly so it is well maintained. Reach Hanuman Ganga’s tributary and ahead the main market.
Hanuman Chatti is the meeting point of Hanuman Ganga and Yamunotri River. The arrangements will be made in a guest house or hotel here.
Hanuman Chatti to Yamunotri (3293 m) and descent to Jan Ki Chatti (2650 m)
Today’s trek is an exciting one because the trail passes through lakes, tributaries, waterfalls, forests, meadows and much more. Yamunotri is a pilgrimage site and origin of River Yamuna. It is one of Char Dham, visit the holy shrine and get back to Hanuman Chatti.
From Hanuman Chatti to Jan Ki Chatti the distance is 7 km, the trail is motorable. The arrangements will be made in Jan Ki Chatti.
Jan Ki Chatti to Dehradun (180 km) (6/7 hours)
Vehicle will be arranged from Jan Ki Chatti, have breakfast and leave early for Dehradun to reach there on time.
Please carry the documents given below
- Original and photocopy of government photo identity card- (Aadhar Card, driving license, voters ID, etc.)
- Medical Certificate (first part to be filled by a doctor and second part by the trekker)
- Risk Certificates
Trekkers must bring :
- Strongly built hiking shoes, if you do not own a pair you can rent it from Sankri.
- Sandals or slippers to wear in campsite
- Thick woollen socks, it will keep your feet warm
- Daily wear socks
- Thermals are very important
- 1 shirt, it should be long sleeved
- Shirts and pants for campsite, should be warm
- 1 raincoat or poncho
- Thick gloves
- Trek pants
- Cap and Balaclava (or a scarf)
- Sun glasses
- Sun tan lotion
- Lip balm
- Water bottle
- Personal toiletry items
ATM Point & Mobile connectivity:-
The last ATM point of this trek is Uttarkashi.
Networks will not be available on the trek so make sure you finish all your important work and calls before the trek.
Trekking demands a good investment and this extremely expensive activity is the passion of many, so we have a great announcement to make which will be a great relief to your pockets. Now get your Trek Gear on Rent and all you have to do is make a special renting request while booking your trek. That’s it! We have kept it simple for you.
We carry first aid kits but it’s necessary to carry a personal medical kit.
(Carry minimum 5 tablets and maximum 10)
– Diamox – (prevents altitude sickness)
– Digene – (it cures discomfort in stomach, acidity)
– Crocin Advance – (cures fever and headache)
– Aspirin/Combiflam – (Pain reliever)
– Disprin/Saradon – (cures headache)
– Avomine – (prevents motion sickness)
– Avil – (it treat allergies)
– Norflox TZ & Lomofrn – (prevents Diarrhoea)
– Ranitidine – (reduces the amount of acid in stomach)
– Volini/Moov spray – (for sprains)
– Betadine/Savlon – (Antiseptic cream)
– Band aid
– Stretchable/elastic bandage
– Use medicines only when prescribed by the doctor in case you face any problem in your trek, take advice from Professional guide before taking any medicine.
– Drinking water is necessary during your trek, keep 1 litre of water bottle filled and drink it on proper interval of time, it is very important while hiking.
- Make your booking one or two months prior in advance. If you cancel the trek due to any reason, it is mandatory to notify us. Cancellation charges will only be effective from the date we get your request to cancel the trek.
- If the trek gets cancelled from our side due to natural disaster,rainfall, heavy snowfall or any other reason then the refund will not be initiated but we will arrange another trek.
(Bank charges deducted are not Refundable)
- Up to 30 Days – 90% cost is Refundable
- Between 21 to 30 Days – 50% cost is Refundable
- Less than 20 Days – No Refund
(Refund is initiated within 7-8 business days)