Explore The Verdant Beauty
Chopta and Chandrashila, these two fable trekking destinations lies at an altitude of 2,679 meters and 3682 meters in Kedarnath Wildlife Sanctuary. This picturesque place is also called “Mini Switzerland”. En route lies “Tungnath” the highest temple of lord Shiva, it is the third temple of Panch Kedar. Further the trail continues to Chandrashila “Moon Rock”.
The Cosmic Views
On this trek get jaw dropping views of the entire Himalayan range and beguiling sight of Chaukhamba peaks, Nanda Devi and Mt. Trishul.
Chopta is Birdwatchers Delight
It is a part of Kedarnath Wildlife Sanctuary and this place is extremely rich in Flora and Fauna. More than 550 species of birds are found here. On your way spot beautiful Himalayan Birds which are rare to find anywhere else.
Best time for birdwatching in Chopta is March to September.
Key Points of Chopta Chandrashila Trek
. Level: Easy
· Proper conditioning & training of body required
· Need proper gear & clothing for sub-zero temperature
· Shoes are the single most important equipment.
· High Altitude requires proper acclimatization.
· Beautiful landscapes so carry good photo gear & Extra battery backup.
· Travel light
. The backpack should not exceed 10kgs.
Must Read about Chopta Chandrashila Trek
Trek Fee: Rs.8000 Per Person (Includes GST and all costs of the Trek from Dehradun to Dehradun)
Duration: 4 Days
Best Time:Throughout the year
Summer Temperature:(2°C to 15°C)
- Review 0 Reviews0/5
- Vacation Style Holiday Type
- Activity Level
- Group Size Large Group
Day 1– Dehradun to Chopta (2679 m) (281 km) (9/10 hours)
Day 2– Rest and Exploration Day
Day 3– Chopta (2679 m) to Chandrashila (3682 m) via Tungnath (3680 m) and back (4/5 hours)
Day 4– Chopta to Dehradun (281 km) (9/10 hours)
✅ Transport facility from Dehradun to Dehradun
✅ Forest Permit and entrance fee
✅ Accommodation in tents on twin share basis
✅ All meals: breakfast, packed lunch, tea, coffee, snacks, soup and dinner
✅ (All camping gears)
✅ High quality tents
✅ Sleeping bags
✅ Separate Toilet tents – Ladies and Gents
✅ Dining Tent
✅ Dining Table
✅ Kitchen team
✅ Radio Walkie Talkie for Communication
✅ Good Experience Trek Leader guide and Technical guide
✅ Medical Kit
✅ Oxygen Cylinders
✅ Crampons and Gaiters
❌ Personal Insurance
❌Personal toiletry Items and Personal Medicine kit
❌On first day En Route to base camp the Breakfast and Lunch are Not Included
❌Last Day En Route Lunch and Dinner are Not Included
Full payment confirms your booking
We serve three meals a day including snacks and soup. A variety of delectable and healthy food is provided which includes; Indian, Chinese and other Western meals. They are nutritious and keeps you fit and healthy on your trek.
Dehradun to Chopta (2679 m) (281 km) (9/10 hours)
The vehicles will be arranged from Dehradun Railway Station and it leaves for Chopta at 6:30 am. The drive is through the picturesque regions of Devprayag, Srinagar and Rudraprayag.
Chopta lies in Chamoli district en route to Ukhimath and Gopeshwar. It is a part of Kedarnath Wildlife Sanctuary and its wealthy Flora and Fauna makes it birdwatchers delight because more than 550 species are found here.
It is one of the best hill stations barely inhabited and least crowded, the Rhododendrons (Burans) are found in abundance there. After a 9 to 10 hours journey reach there, the camps will be setup there. Have sumptuous food and retire for the night.
Rest and Exploration Day
Wake up to the chirping of birds, sound of gushing streams and soft melody of trees. Do not miss the sunrise! The sky can be seen changing multiple colors in just few minutes at this golden time.
Today rest and explore this magical campsite. The extraordinary views of Himalayan ranges will surely leave you speechless.
Witness the untouched nature at its best and get heart touching views of shimmering peaks touching the sky. This place offers clear sight of Chaukhamba peaks and other snow covered mountains.
Chopta (2679 m) to Chandrashila (3682 m) via Tungnath (3680 m) and back (4/5 hours)
Chopta to Tungnath is 2 km away and the trail is cemented but the climb is steep. On the way is an open temple, from where the Chandrashila Peak and Tungnath temple is visible.
After half km hike, Tungnath can be reached and Chandrashila Peak lies 1.5 metres away from this temple but the steep climb makes the ascent tough. Continue walking on the cemented trail, it has many bends after you cross the last bend the Tungnath temple welcomes you. It is the highest temple of Lord Shiva and third of the Panch Kedar.
Now, climb to Chandrashila it is a sheer ascent, it will take 1 hour reach there. On the top is a small temple Lord Shiva which was built by Rama.From the top get panorama view of Kumaon and Garhwal mountains. Witness exotic sights of Gangotri ranges, Jahankut, Chaukhamba, Kedardome, Dunagiri and many more high ranges. After spending some time retrace your steps and get back to Chopta. Descending takes less time, reach the campsite on time and retire for the night.
Chopta to Dehradun (281 km) (9/10 hours)
Vehicles will be arranged, have breakfast early and depart to Dehradun.
Please carry the documents given below
- Original and photocopy of government photo identity card- (Aadhar Card, driving license, voters ID, etc.)
- Medical Certificate (first part to be filled by a doctor and second part by the trekker)
- Risk Certificates
Trekkers must bring :
- Strongly built hiking shoes, if you do not own a pair you can rent it from Sankri.
- Sandals or slippers to wear in campsite
- Thick woollen socks, it will keep your feet warm
- Daily wear socks
- Thermals are very important
- 1 shirt, it should be long sleeved
- Shirts and pants for campsite, should be warm
- 1 raincoat or poncho
- Thick gloves
- Trek pants
- Cap and Balaclava (or a scarf)
- Sun glasses
- Sun tan lotion
- Lip balm
- Water bottle
- Personal toiletry items
ATM Point & Mobile connectivity:-
Withdraw money before your journey, Ukhimath is the last point where you will find ATM.
The signal strength will be intermittent during the trek. So make sure you finish all your important work and calls before starting of the trek
Trekking demands a good investment and this extremely expensive activity is the passion of many, so we have a great announcement to make which will be a great relief to your pockets. Now get your Trek Gear on Rent and all you have to do is make a special renting request while booking your trek. That’s it! We have kept it simple for you.
We carry first aid kits but it’s necessary to carry a personal medical kit.
(Carry minimum 5 tablets and maximum 10)
– Diamox – (prevents altitude sickness)
– Digene – (it cures discomfort in stomach, acidity)
– Crocin Advance – (cures fever and headache)
– Aspirin/Combiflam – (Pain reliever)
– Disprin/Saradon – (cures headache)
– Avomine – (prevents motion sickness)
– Avil – (it treat allergies)
– Norflox TZ & Lomofrn – (prevents Diarrhoea)
– Ranitidine – (reduces the amount of acid in stomach)
– Volini/Moov spray – (for sprains)
– Betadine/Savlon – (Antiseptic cream)
– Band aid
– Stretchable/elastic bandage
– Use medicines only when prescribed by the doctor in case you face any problem in your trek, take advice from Professional guide before taking any medicine.
– Drinking water is necessary during your trek, keep 1 litre of water bottle filled and drink it on proper interval of time, it is very important while hiking.
- Make your booking one or two months prior in advance. If you cancel the trek due to any reason, it is mandatory to notify us. Cancellation charges will only be effective from the date we get your request to cancel the trek.
- If the trek gets cancelled from our side due to natural disaster,rainfall, heavy snowfall or any other reason then the refund will not be initiated but we will arrange another trek.
(Bank charges deducted are not Refundable)
- Up to 30 Days – 90% cost is Refundable
- Between 21 to 30 Days – 50% cost is Refundable
- Less than 20 Days – No Refund
(Refund is initiated within 7-8 business days)