Chenab Valley Trek
A Hidden Gem in Uttarakhand
Chenab Valley Trek has some of the best meadows which are still unexplored and offers great views of Dronagiri, Nanda Devi and Nanda Kot from a height of 13000 feet it.
The picturesque valley lying in Chamoli district of Uttarakhand is the real definition of beauty and is a real hidden gem in Garhwal Himalayas, which is known to a number of very few trekkers.
Explore the Untouched Trails
Pass through the beautiful surroundings of serene Chenab Lake which is amid forests of Oaks and Deodar. Enjoy camping at the undoubtedly beautiful meadows of Chenab valley.
Here, get mesmerized by the variety of Flora, the Himalayan flowers commonly found there are – Poppies, Brahma Kamal, orchids, Aprimulas, Marigold, Daisies and Anemones.
Key Points of Chenab Valley Trek
- Level: Moderate (this trek is good for beginners)
- Proper conditioning & training of body required
- Need proper gear & clothing for sub-zero temperature.
- Shoes are the single most important equipment.
- High Altitude requires proper acclimatization.
- Only BSNL networks are there.
- Beautiful landscapes so carry good photo gear & Extra battery backup
- Travel light
- The backpack should not exceed 10 kg.
Must Read about Chenab Valley Trek: –
Trek Fee: Rs.20000 Per Person (Includes GST and all costs of the Trek from Dehradun to Dehradun)
Duration: 8 Days
Summer Temperature:(5°C to 15°C)
Altitude: (13000 feet)
Best Time:Throughout the year
Winter Temperature:(-2°C to -5°C) (-5°C to -10°C)
- Review 0 Reviews0/5
- Vacation Style Holiday Type
- Activity Level
- Group Size Large Group
Day 01- Dehradun to Joshimath (315 km) (8/9 hours)
Day 02- Drive from Joshimath to Vishnuprayag (10 km) and trek to Thaing village (8 km)
Day 03 – Thaing village to Dhar Kharak (6 km)
Day 04 – Dhar Kharak to Chenab meadow (4 km)
Day 05 – Exploration of Chenab valley
Day 06 – Return from Chenab valley to Thaing village
Day 07 – Thaing village to Vishnu Prayag and Drive to Joshimath
Day 08 – Joshimath to Dehradun (315 km) (8/9 hours)
✅ Transport facility from Dehradun to Dehradun
✅ Forest Permit and entrance fee
✅ Accommodation in tents on twin share basis
✅ All meals: breakfast, packed lunch, tea, coffee, snacks, soup and dinner
✅ (All camping gears)
✅ High quality tents
✅ Sleeping bags
✅ Separate Toilet tents – Ladies and Gents
✅ Dining Tent
✅ Dining Table
✅ Kitchen team
✅ Radio Walkie Talkie for Communication
✅ Good Experience Trek Leader guide and Technical guide
✅ Medical Kit
✅ Oxygen Cylinders
✅ Crampons and Gaiters
❌ Personal Insurance
❌Personal toiletry Items and Personal Medicine kit
❌On first day En Route to base camp the Breakfast and Lunch are Not Included
❌Last Day En Route Lunch and Dinner are Not Included
Full payment confirms your booking
We serve three meals a day including snacks and soup. A variety of delectable and healthy food is provided which includes; Indian, Chinese and other Western meals. They are nutritious and keeps you fit and healthy on your trek.
Dehradun to Joshimath (315 km) (8/9 hours)
The vehicle will be arranged from Dehradun and the departure time is 6:30 am. The drive is spectacular along the bank of Ganga, Alaknanda and Mandakini rivers.
Visit Devprayag, this historical town is situated on the confluence of river Alaknanda & Bhagirathi River which makes the holy Ganges. The rivers are visible flowing deep below. Arrangements will be made in a hotel at Joshimath
Drive from Joshimath to Vishnuprayag (10 km) and trek to Thaing village (8 km)
Post breakfast at Joshimath, the drive is towards Vishnuprayag. The starting point of this trek is Thaing village, surround by soothing lush greenery.
Cross a scaffold at Vishnuprayag to enter the valley. Setup your camps and enjoy your overnight stay.
Thaing village to Dhar Kharak (6 km)
Today start early in the morning, the trek will be towards a blooming meadow named ‘Dhar Kharak’. Pass through the dense woods along small rivulets on the way.
Witness these Himalayan flowers at Dhar Kharak – Poppies, Brahma Kamal, orchids, Aprimulas, Marigold, Daisies and Anemones. Setup your camps at this beauteous place and retire for the night.
Dhar Kharak to Chenab meadow (4 km)
Post breakfast head towards Chenab meadow, there is rich variety of Flora. Around 500 species of flowers are found there many of them are medicinal plants. The trail further leads to Badrinath via Base Camp of Neelkanth.
Setup you camps at the meadow and retire for the night.
Exploration of Chenab valley
After breakfast, head towards Chenab valley and explore the heaven like surroundings. Get great views of Dronagiri, Nanda Devi and Nanda Kot.
This valley is just as beautiful as ‘Valley of Flowers’ and is a great alternative to it.
Return from Chenab valley to Thaing village
Post breakfast bid adieu to Chenab valley and descent to Thaing village. Setup your camps and settle for the day.
Thaing village to Vishnu Prayag and Drive to Joshimath
From Thaing village get back to Vishnuprayag, the vehicles will be arranged from there, then drive is towards Joshimath. Arrangements will be made in a hotel at Joshimath.
Joshimath to Dehradun (315 km) (8/9 hours)
Leave early to reach Dehradun on time. Have lunch en route.
Please carry the documents given below
- Original and photocopy of government photo identity card- (Aadhar Card, driving license, voters ID, etc.)
- Medical Certificate (first part to be filled by a doctor and second part by the trekker)
- Risk Certificates
Trekkers must bring :
- Strongly built hiking shoes, if you do not own a pair you can rent it from Sankri.
- Sandals or slippers to wear in campsite
- Thick woollen socks, it will keep your feet warm
- Daily wear socks
- Thermals are very important
- 1 shirt, it should be long sleeved
- Shirts and pants for campsite, should be warm
- 1 raincoat or poncho
- Thick gloves
- Trek pants
- Cap and Balaclava (or a scarf)
- Sun glasses
- Sun tan lotion
- Lip balm
- Water bottle
- Personal toiletry items
ATM Point & Mobile connectivity:-
ATM POINT: Withdraw money before your journey, Joshimath is the last point where you will find ATM.
There will be no networks during the trek and the signal strength is intermittent in the mountains. So, finish all your important calls and work before starting of the trek.
Trekking demands a good investment and this extremely expensive activity is the passion of many, so we have a great announcement to make which will be a great relief to your pockets. Now get your Trek Gear on Rent and all you have to do is make a special renting request while booking your trek. That’s it! We have kept it simple for you.
We carry first aid kits but it’s necessary to carry a personal medical kit.
(Carry minimum 5 tablets and maximum 10)
– Diamox – (prevents altitude sickness)
– Digene – (it cures discomfort in stomach, acidity)
– Crocin Advance – (cures fever and headache)
– Aspirin/Combiflam – (Pain reliever)
– Disprin/Saradon – (cures headache)
– Avomine – (prevents motion sickness)
– Avil – (it treat allergies)
– Norflox TZ & Lomofrn – (prevents Diarrhoea)
– Ranitidine – (reduces the amount of acid in stomach)
– Volini/Moov spray – (for sprains)
– Betadine/Savlon – (Antiseptic cream)
– Band aid
– Stretchable/elastic bandage
– Use medicines only when prescribed by the doctor in case you face any problem in your trek, take advice from Professional guide before taking any medicine.
– Drinking water is necessary during your trek, keep 1 litre of water bottle filled and drink it on proper interval of time, it is very important while hiking.
- Make your booking one or two months prior in advance. If you cancel the trek due to any reason, it is mandatory to notify us. Cancellation charges will only be effective from the date we get your request to cancel the trek.
- If the trek gets cancelled from our side due to natural disaster,rainfall, heavy snowfall or any other reason then the refund will not be initiated but we will arrange another trek.
(Bank charges deducted are not Refundable)
- Up to 30 Days – 90% cost is Refundable
- Between 21 to 30 Days – 50% cost is Refundable
- Less than 20 Days – No Refund
(Refund is initiated within 7-8 business days)