Chandranahan is a small Lake in Himachal Pradesh at a height of 13,900 feet. It is River Pabba’s source, trek along this river during most of the journey. It is River Pabba’s source.
Chandranahan Lake Fee:
Rs 9000 (Includes GST and all costs of the Trek from Shimla to Shimla)
Duration: 6 Days
Highest Point: (13900 feet)
Best Season: May, June, Sep and Oct
Level: Easy to Moderate
Temperature: (13°C to 18°C) (0°C to 7°C)
- Review 0 Reviews0/5
- Vacation Style Holiday Type
- Activity Level
- Group Size Large Group
An Alpine Lake in Himachal Pradesh
Chandranahan is a small Lake in Himachal Pradesh at a height of 13,900 feet. It is River Pabba’s source, trek along this river during most of the journey. The trail is through undulating meadows which remain covered in snow during winters and dense forests which further leads to Buran Ghati Pass.
– Small rivulets cross your path many times and enjoy boulder hopping.
– The trek is less technical and turns great for families.
– Explore the lush green meadows of Dayara which blooms with wildflowers.
– Go through mixed forests of Janglik.
– Come across Chandranahan waterfall.
– Witnessing Chandranahan Lake which is considered sacred and remains frozen for most of the time.
Key Points of Chandranahan Lake
- Level is Easy to Moderate
- Proper conditioning & training of body required
- Need proper gear & clothing for sub-zero temperature
- Shoes are the single most important equipment.
- High Altitude requires proper acclimatization.
- Beautiful landscapes so carry good photo gear & Extra battery backup.
- Travel light
- The backpack should not exceed 10 kg.
Must read about Chandranahan Lake
Duration – 6 Days (Shimla to Shimla)
Best Season – May, June, Sep and Oct
Level – Easy to Moderate
Highest Point – (13900 feet)
Weather – Nights are cold and day temperature is pleasant during the season
Temperature –(13°C to 18°C) (0°C to 7°C)
Starting point – Shimla
Day 1– Shimla to Janglik (9,200 feet) (9/10 hours)
Day 2– Janglik to Dayara (11075 feet) (5 hours)
Day 3– Dayara to Litham (11737 feet) (3 hours)
Day 4– Litham to Chandranahan Lake (13900 feet) and return (4/5 hours)
Day 5– Litham to Dayara (11075 feet) (3/4 hours)
Day 6– Dayara to Janglik (9,200 feet) and Drive to Shimla (4 hours)
✅ Transport facility from Shimla to Shimla
✅ Forest Permit and entrance fee
✅ Accommodation in tents on twin share basis
✅ All meals: breakfast, packed lunch, tea, coffee, snacks, soup and dinner
✅ (All camping gears)
✅ High quality tents
✅ Sleeping bags
✅ Separate Toilet tents – Ladies and Gents
✅ Dining Tent
✅ Dining Table
✅ Kitchen team
✅ Radio Walkie Talkie for Communication
✅ Good Experience Trek Leader guide and Technical guide
✅ Medical Kit
✅ Oxygen Cylinders
✅ Crampons and Gaiters
❌ Personal Insurance
❌Personal toiletry Items and Personal Medicine kit
❌On first day En Route to base camp the Breakfast and Lunch are Not Included
❌Last Day En Route Lunch and Dinner are Not Included
Full payment confirms your booking
We serve three meals a day including snacks and soup. A variety of delectable and healthy food is provided which includes; Indian, Chinese and other Western meals. They are nutritious and keeps you fit and healthy on your trek.
- Day 1 Shimla to Janglik (9,200 feet) (9/10 hours)
Meet the members at Old bus stand of Shimla and then the drive is towards Base camp “Janglik”. Drive is along the clear bluish Pabba Riverand witness the changing sights with quaint villages of Himachal.
Crossing Pabbar leads to Diude and from Diude a short hike will take you to Janglik.
- Day 2 Janglik to Dayara (11075 feet) (5 hours)
Start the trek by coming out of the wheat fields, big goodbye to the last few Diude huts. Further you gain altitude and have a view of Tonglu, Diude and other pretty villages. Enter the forest of pine and oak and it gets dense and the steep ascend turns a gradual one.
After half an hour hike, you can see the receding tree line and now enter the undulating meadows. As you climb up the hill with view of mountains on one side and dark trees on another, descend gradually and the trail gets wide.
After an hour you again enter the dense pine and oak forest, walking under the shades of trees and the sound of crumbling leaves will make the hike pleasant. Before reaching Dayara the trail climbs up gradually. Reach the campsite, setup your tents and sleep comfortably.
- Day 3 Dayara to Litham (11737 feet) (3 hours)
Explore the Dayara meadows in the morning and the trail from Dayara to Lithum goes through thick forests, alluring green meadows and streams. Through meadows trail head towards Gunas Pass and after fifteen minutes enter the pine forest.
Cross a stream and exit the forest section with delicious views of Dhauladhar range and Gunas Pass. Ahead the grasslands look wonderful, after half an hour trail takes you through another forest of Bhoj. Descend through this forest and reach a stream from where Litham is clearly visible.
The trail after the meadows goes to Chandranahan stream which needs to be crossed before reaching Litham. Cross it and reach your campsite, there are plenty of streams across Litham. From here the views are just mind boggling.
Towards left you can see the Chandranahan Waterfall ahead is Chandranahan Lake, towards right are cliffs with snow patches behind which lies Rupin valley and in front are snow-covered mountains at their back lies Buran Ghati.
This is the last meadow on this trek, a wide one. Setup your tents at desired area with beautiful views and then retire for the night.
- Day 4 Short hike to Chandranahan Lake (13900 feet) and back to Litham (4/5 hours)
Chandranahan is a small glacial lake surrounded by mountains and snow flanks feed this Lake. Take the shepherds trail to reach the Ridge Top and head towards the waterfall’s snout. In one hour you can reach this Lake and the journey gets difficult from the snout.
You can see the alpine valley and the views are delicious. The setting of this Lake is idyllic, grassy patches are in middle and small waterfalls turn into small streams. There are rough rocks which mark the lake, look at the settings and head back to Litham.
Descend is steep till Litham, make sure you start early to Chandranahan Lake so you can reach there at mid-day.
- Day 5 Litham to Dayara (11075 feet) (3/4 hours)
Retrace your steps through the undulating meadows of Dayara and reach the campsite.
- Day 6 Dayara to Janglik (9,200 feet) and Drive to Shimla (4 hours)
Follow the same route and get back to Janglik. The vehicle will be arranged for departure to Shimla.
Please carry the documents given below
- Original and photocopy of government photo identity card- (Aadhar Card, driving license, voters ID, etc.)
- Medical Certificate (first part to be filled by a doctor and second part by the trekker)
- Risk Certificates
Trekkers must bring :
- Strongly built hiking shoes, if you do not own a pair you can rent it from Sankri.
- Sandals or slippers to wear in campsite
- Thick woollen socks, it will keep your feet warm
- Daily wear socks
- Thermals are very important
- 1 shirt, it should be long sleeved
- Shirts and pants for campsite, should be warm
- 1 raincoat or poncho
- Thick gloves
- Trek pants
- Cap and Balaclava (or a scarf)
- Sun glasses
- Sun tan lotion
- Lip balm
- Water bottle
- Personal toiletry items
ATM Point & Mobile connectivity: –
Withdraw money at Shimla, ahead there are two ATM points – Rohru and Chirgaon.
Networks will be available at Diude, there are no other networks ahead. So make sure you finish all your important work and calls before the trek.
Trekking demands a good investment and this extremely expensive activity is the passion of many, so we have a great announcement to make which will be a great relief to your pockets. Now get your Trek Gear on Rent and all you have to do is make a special renting request while booking your trek. That’s it! We have kept it simple for you.
We carry first aid kits but it’s necessary to carry a personal medical kit.
(Carry minimum 5 tablets and maximum 10)
– Diamox – (prevents altitude sickness)
– Digene – (it cures discomfort in stomach, acidity)
– Crocin Advance – (cures fever and headache)
– Aspirin/Combiflam – (Pain reliever)
– Disprin/Saradon – (cures headache)
– Avomine – (prevents motion sickness)
– Avil – (it treat allergies)
– Norflox TZ & Lomofrn – (prevents Diarrhoea)
– Ranitidine – (reduces the amount of acid in stomach)
– Volini/Moov spray – (for sprains)
– Betadine/Savlon – (Antiseptic cream)
– Band aid
– Stretchable/elastic bandage
– Use medicines only when prescribed by the doctor in case you face any problem in your trek, take advice from Professional guide before taking any medicine.
– Drinking water is necessary during your trek, keep 1 litre of water bottle filled and drink it on proper interval of time, it is very important while hiking.
- Make your booking one or two months prior in advance. If you cancel the trek due to any reason, it is mandatory to notify us. Cancellation charges will only be effective from the date we get your request to cancel the trek.
- If the trek gets cancelled from our side due to natural disaster,rainfall, heavy snowfall or any other reason then the refund will not be initiated but we will arrange another trek.
(Bank charges deducted are not Refundable)
- Up to 30 Days – 90% cost is Refundable
- Between 21 to 30 Days – 50% cost is Refundable
- Less than 20 Days – No Refund
(Refund is initiated within 7-8 business days)