Chanderkhani Pass Trek
A Great Beginner Trek in Himachal
Chanderkhani Pass Trek is perched in the Kullu district of Himachal. Lying at an altitude of 3,650 meters, It is a great beginner trek because of its easy gradient.
This pass acts as a bridge between Kullu and Parvati valley. The starting point is Naggar and before this was the only route to reach Malana village.
Explore the Natural Beauty of Chanderkhani Pass Trek
This trek has the most beautiful alpine pasturelands and offers delicious views of the wide valleys and mighty Himalayan peaks. Trekking through the mixed forests of Deodar, Oaks, Wild cherries and Blue pines is fun on this trek.
Trekkers are exposed to the different culture of quaint Himalayan villages. This is a great trek for Nature lovers and explorers.
The pass offers magnificent sight of Bara Bangal rage towards the west, Pin Panjal towards the north and Parvati towards the east. The other snow clad peaks are visible with the neighbouring peak ‘Deo Tibba’.
Key Points of Chanderkhani Pass Trek
- Level: Easy to Moderate
- Proper conditioning & training of body required
- Need proper gear & clothing for sub-zero temperature.
- Shoes are the single most important equipment.
- High Altitude requires proper acclimatization.
- Only BSNL networks are there.
- Beautiful landscapes so carry good photo gear & Extra battery backup
- Travel light
- The backpack should not exceed 10 kg.
Must Read about Chanderkhani Pass Trek:-
Trek Fee: Rs 10000 (Includes GST and all costs of the Trek from Manali to Manali)
Duration: 5 Days
Temperature: (5°C to 15°C)
Best Time:May to Sep
Level: Easy to Moderate
- Review 0 Reviews0/5
- Vacation Style Holiday Type
- Activity Level
- Group Size Large Group
Day 01- Naggar to Rumsu (2150 m) and trek to Stelling (1350 m) (5/6 hours)
Day 02- Stelling (1350 m) to Chiklani Base Camp (3450 m) (5/6 hours)
Day 03- Chiklani Base Camp (3450 m) to Chanderkhani Pass (3650 m) and descent to Nagruni Thach (2800 m) (6/7 hours)
Day 04- Nagruni Thach (2800 m) to Malana (2600 m) (5/6 hours)
Day 05- Malana (2600 m) to Jari (3 hours) and Drive to Kullu via Manikaran (2 hours)
✅ Transport facility from Manali to Manali
✅ Forest Permit and entrance fee
✅ Accommodation in tents on twin share basis
✅ All meals: breakfast, packed lunch, tea, coffee, snacks, soup and dinner
✅ (All camping gears)
✅ High quality tents
✅ Sleeping bags
✅ Separate Toilet tents – Ladies and Gents
✅ Dining Tent
✅ Dining Table
✅ Kitchen team
✅ Radio Walkie Talkie for Communication
✅ Good Experience Trek Leader guide and Technical guide
✅ Medical Kit
✅ Oxygen Cylinders
✅ Crampons and Gaiters
❌ Personal Insurance
❌ Medical Certificate
❌ Personal toiletry Items and Personal Medicine kit
❌ On first day En Route to base camp the Breakfast and Lunch are Not Included
❌ Last Day En Route Lunch and Dinner are Not Included
Full payment confirms your booking
We serve three meals a day including snacks and soup. A variety of delectable and healthy food is provided which includes; Indian, Chinese and other Western meals. They are nutritious and keeps you fit and healthy on your trek.
Naggar (1800 m) to Rumsu (2150 m) and trek to Stelling (1350 m) (5/6 hours)
Naggar is a small town in Kullu district of Himachal, located on the bank of Beas Kund. Assemble there and start the trek. Go through mixed forests of Deodar, Walnut, Pine and Oak trees.
Hike for an hour and reach Rumsu village. Further the trail is clear, follow it and reach the pasturelands of Stelling. Setup your camps and retire for the night.
Stelling (1350 m) to Chiklani Base Camp (3450 m) (5/6 hours)
Today pass through the beautiful pasture stretches of Stelling and Ghalkrari.
Ahead are abundant Birch trees. From here ascent steadily to Chiklani Base Camp. Setup your camps, wait for the mouth-watering food and retire for the night.
Chiklani Base Camp (3450 m) to Chanderkhani Pass (3650 m) and descent to Nagruni Thach (2800 m) (6/7 hours)
Post breakfast head towards your destination ‘Cahdnerkhani Pass’ and get striking views of wide valleys and snow clad peaks. Ascent towards Dhalakda Patthar and then proceed to Chanderkhani Pass.
Get great views of Bara Bangal, Pin Panjal Range and Parvati valley. After spending good time there descent to Nagruni Thach. This is your campsite for the day. Setup your tents and retire for the night.
Nagruni Thach (2800 m) to Malana (2600 m) (5/6 hours)
Today is a steep downhill trek to Malana. Enjoying passing the charming forest of conifers. Reach the village, pitch your tents and retire for the night.
Malana (2600 m) to Jari (3 hours) and Drive to Kullu via Manikaran (2 hours)
This is the last trekking day. From Malana to Jari the trail is well marked and you have to descent all the way. Cross the fields and ahead the forested sections.
Come across Malana Nallah, traverse the gorge area and now you’ve reached the Malana Power Project site. Continue your trek to Jari, from here the vehicle will be arranged till Kullu.
Please carry the documents given below
- Original and photocopy of government photo identity card- (Aadhar Card, driving license, voters ID, etc.)
- Medical Certificate (first part to be filled by a doctor and second part by the trekker)
- Risk Certificates
Trekkers must bring :
- Strongly built hiking shoes, if you do not own a pair you can rent it from Sankri.
- Sandals or slippers to wear in campsite
- Thick woollen socks, it will keep your feet warm
- Daily wear socks
- Thermals are very important
- 1 shirt, it should be long sleeved
- Shirts and pants for campsite, should be warm
- 1 raincoat or poncho
- Thick gloves
- Trek pants
- Cap and Balaclava (or a scarf)
- Sun glasses
- Sun tan lotion
- Lip balm
- Water bottle
- Personal toiletry items
ATM Point & Mobile connectivity:-
Manali is the last point where you will find ATM but it doesn’t have cash most of the time, so withdraw cash before your journey.
There will be no networks on the trek or the signal strength will be intermittent. So, finish all your important work and calls before the trek.
Trekking demands a good investment and this extremely expensive activity is the passion of many, so we have a great announcement to make which will be a great relief to your pockets. Now get your Trek Gear on Rent and all you have to do is make a special renting request while booking your trek. That’s it! We have kept it simple for you.
We carry first aid kits but it’s necessary to carry a personal medical kit.
(Carry minimum 5 tablets and maximum 10)
– Diamox – (prevents altitude sickness)
– Digene – (it cures discomfort in stomach, acidity)
– Crocin Advance – (cures fever and headache)
– Aspirin/Combiflam – (Pain reliever)
– Disprin/Saradon – (cures headache)
– Avomine – (prevents motion sickness)
– Avil – (it treat allergies)
– Norflox TZ & Lomofrn – (prevents Diarrhoea)
– Ranitidine – (reduces the amount of acid in stomach)
– Volini/Moov spray – (for sprains)
– Betadine/Savlon – (Antiseptic cream)
– Band aid
– Stretchable/elastic bandage
– Use medicines only when prescribed by the doctor in case you face any problem in your trek, take advice from Professional guide before taking any medicine.
– Drinking water is necessary during your trek, keep 1 litre of water bottle filled and drink it on proper interval of time, it is very important while hiking.
- Make your booking one or two months prior in advance. If you cancel the trek due to any reason, it is mandatory to notify us. Cancellation charges will only be effective from the date we get your request to cancel the trek.
- If the trek gets cancelled from our side due to natural disaster,rainfall, heavy snowfall or any other reason then the refund will not be initiated but we will arrange another trek.
(Bank charges deducted are not Refundable)
- Up to 30 Days – 90% cost is Refundable
- Between 21 to 30 Days – 50% cost is Refundable
- Less than 20 Days – No Refund
(Refund is initiated within 7-8 business days)