Go to Buran Ghati for Perfect Adventure
Buran Ghati is a highly diverse trek and a thrilling pass which lies at a high altitude of 15000 feet in the heart of Himachal. This amazing trek starts from Janglik and is perfect because it has got all the adventure which also includes sliding down and rappelling down a snow wall.
Therefore, witness the changing landscapes, diverse vegetation, superb mountain views, verdant forests and quaint idyllic villages during your trek.
Arguably, Buran Ghati is a diamond hiding in the hills because of its unparalleled adventure and beauty!
Attractions of This Trek
– Consequently, Buran Pass offers 360 degree views.
– On the other hand, enjoy doing 5 snow slides, which is the most adventurous part of this trek.
– In addition, enjoy Rappeling down the snow wall.
– Explore the lush green meadows of Dayara which bloom with wildflowers.
– Afterwards, Visit Chandranahan Lake which is considered sacred and remains frozen for most of the time.
– Come across numerous streams on the way.
– Further, pass through mixed forests and you will find plethora of colorful flowers and shrubs.
– At the end, go through Barua village, there are many fruit orchards.
Key Points of Buran Ghati Trek
During the trek proper conditioning & training of body is required
Need proper gear & clothing for sub-zero temperature
Shoes are the single most important equipment.
High Altitude requires proper acclimatization.
Beautiful landscapes so carry good photo gear & Extra battery backup.
The backpack should not exceed 10 kg.
Must Read about Buran Ghati Trek
Buran Ghati Trek Fee:
Rs 13500 (Includes GST and all costs of the Trek from Janglik to Barua Road head )
Duration: 7 Days
Highest Point: (15000 feet)
Best Time: May, June, Sep and Oct
Temperature: Day time: (10°C to 15°C) Night time: (0°C to 7°C)
- Review 0 Reviews0/5
- Vacation Style Holiday Type
- Activity Level
- Group Size Medium Group
Day 1: Shimla to Janglik (9,200 feet) (9/10 hours)
Day 2: Janglik to Dayara (11075 feet) (5 hours)
Day 3: Dayara to Litham (11737 feet) (3 hours)
Day 4: Short hike to Chandranahan Lake (13900 feet) and back to Litham (4/5 hours)
Day 5: Litham to Dhunda (13365 feet) (8 hours)
Day 6: Dhunda to Buran Ghati (15000 feet) and River camp (11800 feet) (9/10 hours)
Day 7: River camp to Barua (6,700 feet) (5 hours) camp. same day drive to Shimla
✅ Transport facility from Janglik to Janglik
✅ Forest Permit and entrance fee
✅ Accommodation in tents on twin share basis
✅ All meals: breakfast, packed lunch, tea, coffee, snacks, soup and dinner
✅ (All camping gears)
✅ High quality tents
✅ Sleeping bags
✅ Separate Toilet tents – Ladies and Gents
✅ Dining Tent
✅ Dining Table
✅ Kitchen team
✅ Radio Walkie Talkie for Communication
✅ Good Experience Trek Leader guide and Technical guide
✅ Medical Kit
✅ Oxygen Cylinders
✅ Crampons and Gaiters
❌ Personal Insurance
❌Personal toiletry Items and Personal Medicine kit
❌On first day En Route to base camp the Breakfast and Lunch are Not Included
❌Last Day En Route Lunch and Dinner are Not Included
Full payment confirms your booking
We serve three meals a day including snacks and soup. A variety of delectable and healthy food is provided which includes; Indian, Chinese and other Western meals. They are nutritious and keeps you fit and healthy on your trek.
- Day 1 Shimla to Janglik (9,200 feet) (9/10 hours)
Meet the members at Old bus stand of Shimla and then the drive will be to the Base camp“Janglik”.
Enjoy the drive along the clear bluish Pabba River and witness the changing sights and quaint villages of Himachal.
Crossing Pabbar leads to Diude and from Diude a short hike will take you to Janglik.
- Day 2 Janglik to Dayara (11075 feet) (5 hours)
Start the trek by coming out of the wheat fields, bid goodbye to the last few Diude huts. Further you gain altitude and Tonglu, Diude and other pretty villages can be seen clearly. Enter the forest of pine and oaks and ascend gradually.
After half an hour hike, the tree line recedes and you come across stretch of meadows. Climb up and reach the hill with mountain views on one side and lush trees on the another. From here descend gradually on a wide trail.
After an hour again enter the dense pine and oak forest, walk under the shade of trees, listen to the crumbling of leaves and move further.
Before reaching Dayara the trail climbs up gradually. Reach the campsite, setup your tents and sleep comfortably.
- Day 3 Dayara to Litham (11737 feet) (3 hours)
Explore the Dayara meadows in the morning. Today, the trail from Dayara to Lithum goes through thick forests, alluring green meadows and clear streams. Through meadows trail head towards Gunas Pass and after fifteen minutes enter the pine forest.Cross a stream and exit the forest section with delicious views of Dhauladhar range and Gunas Pass.
Ahead the grasslands look wonderful and magical, after half an hour the trail makes its way through another forest of Bhoj. Descend through this section and reach a stream from where Litham is clearly visible. The trail after the meadows goes to Chandranahan stream which needs to be crossed before reaching Litham.
Cross it and reach your campsite, there are plenty of streams across Litham. From here get mesmerized by the mind boggling mountain views. Towards left you can see the Chandranahan Waterfall and ahead lies Chandranahan Lake. Towards right are cliffs with snow patches behind which lies Rupin valley and in front are snow-covered mountains at their back lies Buran Ghati.
This is the last meadow on this trek, a wide one. Setup your here, relish the beautiful views and then retire for the night.
- Day 4 Short hike to Chandranahan Lake (13900 feet) and back to Litham (4/5 hours)
Chandranahan is a small glacial lake amidst mountains and snow flanks feed this Lake.
Take the shepherds trail to reach the Ridge Top and head towards the waterfall’s snout. In one hour you can reach the Lake but the journey gets difficult after the snout.
Witness the alpine valley and delicious views! The setting of this Lake is idyllic, grassy patches are in middle and small waterfalls turn into small streams. There are rough rocks which mark the lake, look at the settings and head back to Litham.
Descent is steep till Litham, make sure you start early to Chandranahan Lake so you can reach there at mid-day.
- Day 5 Litham to Dhunda (13365 feet) (8 hours)
The climb to the pass is steep but short and today Buran Pass will be visible on the way.
Dhauladhar range and Gunas Pass can be seen en route with. It is a setting in front of Litham’s green grasslands and cliffs Rupin valley.
Pabbar descends rapidly and the trail gets sharply an ascending one. The trail turns to a gorge valley when you follow the river’s left bank.
From here Buran Ghati comes into sight. The shepherds trail will lead you to Dhudna.
After one hour of climb, reach Dhunda’s ridge top. From the top enjoy the clear and magnificent views of Buran Ghati.
Reach the campsite, it lies amidst snow-capped mountains from all the sides. Even in late June there you can find the patches of snow everywhere.
Set your camps here and retire for the night.
- Day 6 Dhunda to Buran Ghati (15000 feet) and River camp (11800 feet) (9/10 hours)
Leave the campsite of Dhunda following the ridge and do boulder hopping to reach the base of the Buran Pass.
Reaching the Pass will take one hour from the base.
Today, ascent to Buran Ghati will be exhilarating. It is a narrow surface on the top, use ropes to descend because it can be very risky without it.
Below you have to reach a snow field which is at a distance of 100 meters.
Slide down the surfaces which are present in series. Descending doesn’t take time on this trek, you lose the altitude which you gained in just one go.
Reach the end of snow line by losing 3000 feet. Descend through a ridge with blooming flowers and green shrubs.
The lush green valley views are really pleasant and the mountains towering high makes it look more beautiful. Ahead you will cross a stream, reach there in an hour.
Cross the stream and a hut will be visible. Today camp here and retire for the night.
- Day 7 River camp to Barua (6,700 feet) (5 hours) camp. same day drive to Shimla
Barua is a village and your campsite for today.
Today on the trail come across diverse vegetation and get surprised by the changing landscapes. Follow the wide and frequently used Barua Khud’s path.
Descend and ahead see a stream meet Barua Khud, cross it over a bridge and explore the diverse vegetation. After hiking for one hour you reach apple orchards and further lies civilization.
There is a rock on the way from where the whole Barua village can be seen.
Enter this quaint Barua village there are many fruit orchards. Descend through it and now the trail gets you to the bridge over Barua Khud.
Halt here then leave for Shimla, vehicles will be arranged or if you wish you can go on your own.
Please carry the documents given below
- Original and photocopy of government photo identity card- (Aadhar Card, driving license, voters ID, etc.)
- Medical Certificate (first part to be filled by a doctor and second part by the trekker)
- Risk Certificates
Trekkers must bring :
- Strongly built hiking shoes, if you do not own a pair you can rent it from Sankri.
- Sandals or slippers to wear in campsite
- Thick woollen socks, it will keep your feet warm
- Daily wear socks
- Thermals are very important
- 1 shirt, it should be long sleeved
- Shirts and pants for campsite, should be warm
- 1 raincoat or poncho
- Thick gloves
- Trek pants
- Cap and Balaclava (or a scarf)
- Sun glasses
- Sun tan lotion
- Lip balm
- Water bottle
- Personal toiletry items
ATM Point & Mobile connectivity:-
Withdraw money at Shimla, ahead there are two ATM points –Rohru and Chirgaon.
Networks will be available at Diude, there are no other networks ahead. So make sure you finish all your important work and calls before the trek.
Trekking demands a good investment and this extremely expensive activity is the passion of many, so we have a great announcement to make which will be a great relief to your pockets. Now get your Trek Gear on Rent and all you have to do is make a special renting request while booking your trek. That’s it! We have kept it simple for you.
We carry first aid kits but it’s necessary to carry a personal medical kit.
(Carry minimum 5 tablets and maximum 10)
– Diamox – (prevents altitude sickness)
– Digene – (it cures discomfort in stomach, acidity)
– Crocin Advance – (cures fever and headache)
– Aspirin/Combiflam – (Pain reliever)
– Disprin/Saradon – (cures headache)
– Avomine – (prevents motion sickness)
– Avil – (it treat allergies)
– Norflox TZ & Lomofrn – (prevents Diarrhoea)
– Ranitidine – (reduces the amount of acid in stomach)
– Volini/Moov spray – (for sprains)
– Betadine/Savlon – (Antiseptic cream)
– Band aid
– Stretchable/elastic bandage
– Use medicines only when prescribed by the doctor in case you face any problem in your trek, take advice from Professional guide before taking any medicine.
– Drinking water is necessary during your trek, keep 1 litre of water bottle filled and drink it on proper interval of time, it is very important while hiking.
- Cancellation up to 30 Days: You will get Refund of 90 Precent of Trek/adventure program cost.
- Cancellation between 21 to 30 days– You will get refund of 50 Precent of Trek/Adventure/Tour/Travel/Hotel program cost.
- Cancellation in less than 20 days – No refund