Black Peak Expedition
Black Peak in the local dialect is known as “Kala Nag” it is named so because top part of this peak resembles Black Cobra. This is the highest peak in Saraswati Mountain Range (Bandarpunch) at an altitude of 6,387 meters, near Ruinsara valley.
Black Peak Expedition Fee:
Rs 85000 (Includes GST and all costs of the Trek from Dehradun to Dehradun)
Duration: 17 Days
Highest Point: (6387 m)
Best Season: Mid-May to Mid-June
Summer Temperature: Night (-2°C to -15°C) Day (2°C to -10°C)
- Review 0 Reviews0/5
- Vacation Style Holiday Type
- Activity Level
- Group Size Medium Group
Black Peak is also known as Kala Nag
Black Peak in the local dialect is known as “Kala Nag” it is named so because top part of this peak resembles Black Cobra. This is the highest peak in Saraswati Mountain Range (Bandarpunch) at an altitude of 6,387 meters, near Ruinsara valley. Other peaks are Bandarpunch (I) (6316 m) and Hanuman Parvat (Bandarpunch II) (6,102 m).
The Climb is Technical
En route cross glaciers and tree lines, the challenges are – 75 feet ice wall and a gradient of 70 degree. You have to technically cross the summit, it is only chosen by the professional climbers to scale the top and for adventurous sojourn.
Extraordinary Panorama views Enlivening views
Black Peak is the highest peak in Saraswati Mountain Range, traversing it will demand efforts but the reward is surpassing views of whole Bandar Punch family.
Must read about Black Peak
Duration – 17 Days Dehradun to Dehradun
Best Season – Mid-May to Mid-June
Level – Difficult
Highest Point – (6387 m)
Weather – Nights are cold and day temperature is pleasant during the season
Summer temperature –Night (-2°C to -15°C) Day (2°C to -10°C)
Day 1– Dehradun to Sankri (210 km) (7/8 hours) (1920 m)
Day 2– Acclimatization day and get all the details of Expedition at Sankri
Day 3– Sankri to Taluka (11 km) Taluka to Osla (2560 m) (4/5 hours)
Day 4– Osla to Ruinsara Lake (6/7 hours) (3537 m)
Day 5– Ruinsara Lake to Kyarkoti (Base Camp) (7 km) (5/6 hours) (3900 m) (1920 Mt)
Day 6– Base Camp to Advance Base Camp and back (4600 m) (Load Ferry)
Day 7– Base Camp to Advance Base Camp (5100)
Day 8– ABC to Camp 1 and back (Load Ferry)
Day 9– ABC to Camp 1
Day 10– Camp 1 to Summit Camp (5500 m)
Day 11– Summit Camp to Summit attempt (6387 m)
Day 12 and Day 13 are Reserved for Summit
Day 14– Summit Camp to Base Camp (descend)
Day 15– Base Camp to Osla village
Day 16– Osla to Taluka and drive to Sankri
Day 17– Sankri to Dehradun
✅ Transport facility from Dehradun to Dehradun
✅ Forest Permit and entrance fee including camping charges
✅ Accommodation in Hotel; Sankri
✅ Accommodation in tents on twin share basis
✅ All meals: breakfast, packed lunch, tea, coffee, snacks, soup and dinner
✅ Expertise Trek Leader, fluent in English and Hindi certified in basic and advance mountaineering courses from NIM, IMF or Hanifl Centre.
✅ Experienced local guide
✅ Kitchen team
✅ All camping gear
✅ High quality camping tents, sleeping bags, mattress liner and pillow
✅ Separate Toilet tents – Ladies and Gents
✅ Dining Tent
✅ Dining Table
✅ Micro Spikes
✅ Ice Axe
✅ Rescue Ropes
✅ Radio Walkie Talkie for Communication
✅ Medical Kit
✅ Oxygen Cylinders
❌ Medical Certificate
❌ Personal toiletry Items
❌ First day breakfast and lunch en route
❌ Last day lunch and dinner en route
Full payment confirms your booking
We serve three meals a day including snacks and soup. A variety of delectable and healthy food is provided which includes; Indian, Chinese and other Western meals. They are nutritious and keeps you fit and healthy on your trek.
- Day 1 Dehradun to Sankri (210 km) (7/8 hours) (1920 m)
Start from Dehradun railway station and you will reach Sankri in 7/8 hours. The journey is through some picturesque villages, cross the entry gate of Govind Wildlife Sanctuary, Sankri lies there.
Sankri is a small village with less number of houses, there is a famous mini market of Sankri with few wooden huts serving traditional and delicious food. From here you can have a glance of some mountain ranges.
This is the base camp of many treks and your expedition, rest in hotel have food and rest for the night.
- Day 2 Acclimatization day and get all the details of Expedition at Sankri
Today is your Rest Day or you can go for a short hike nearby and today get yourself fully prepared as the expedition starts tomorrow. You will get all the necessary information and all the important details at the office of Sankri Base Camp.
- Day 3 Sankri to Taluka (11 km) Taluka to Osla (2560 m) (4/5 hours)
Leave early to begin your expedition, Taluka is 11 km away from Sankri, it is a small developed village which has concrete houses with few hotels and shops. Reaching there will not take much time and your trek start from there.
Reach Taluka and today’s trek to Osla is through beautiful forests with sight of beautiful Himalayan villages of Uttarakhand. There are walnut trees in abundance. After ascending you can reach this village.
Set up your camps wait for delicious food to be served and retire for the night.
- Day 4 Osla to Ruinsara Lake (6/7 hours) (3537 m)
Waking up at this beautiful village Osla is a bliss, have a hot cup of tea and start trekking towards the sacred Ruinsara Lake through alpine trails. This place offers heartwarming views of Swargarohini Peaks.
Reach the holy lake Ruinsara Tal which has got mesmerising landscapes and perfect mountain sights. Set your camps here praising the beauty of this place, relax in your tents have food and have comfortable stay in tents.
- Day 5 Ruinsara Lake to Kyarkoti (Base Camp) (7 km) (5/6 hours) (3900 m
Today you will be trekking towards Kyarkoti Base Camp and from there you can have a glance of summit of Black Peak which will gear you up with enthusiasm. The campsite is Kyarkoti which is a grassland surrounded by mountains and boulders all around.
Set your camps here and make good plans for the journey ahead and overcoming challenges. After having food retire for the night.
- Day 6 Base Camp to Advance Base Camp and back (4600 m) (Load Ferry)
Today shift all the necessary things to Camp 1 and understand the further details. The guides will look for the safest routes and weather conditions. With team setup camp 1 and get back to ABC.
- Day 7 Base Camp to Advance Base Camp (5100)
Follow the same route and reach Advance Base Camp by climbing the same path. Setup ABC and stay for the night there.
- Day 8 ABC to Camp 1 and back (Load Ferry)
Load Ferry to Camp 1 and carry all essential things. Black Peak will be visible clearly from this campsite, have look at the highest peak which you are going to traverse soon. The guides will go and look for the safe routes and weather conditions.
So set up your camp 1 and then get back to ABC.
- Day 9 ABC to Camp 1
Follow the path which you followed yesterday and repeat climbing to Camp 1, spend you night here.
- Day 10 Camp 1 to Summit Camp (5500 m)
Summit Camp is at an altitude of 5500 meters and after three hours of trek from Camp 1 you can reach this campsite in the noon have food early because the summit attempt will begin after midnight, around 3:00 am.
- Day 11 Summit Camp to Summit attempt (6387 m)
Wake up early and have a good hot cup of tea and get ready for summit attempt (6387 m). The snow remains hard at this time so you can walk on good pace, reaching the summit will take 7 to 8 hours.
The summit climb is steep and technical so you need to be careful, the toughest part is the summit climb. When you reach there celebrate the joy while standing at the top. Do not spend much time there and start planning your descend to the camp.
Spend your night with joy and happiness at the campsite.
- Day 14 Summit Camp to Base Camp (descend)
After you successfully traverse the summit, return to base camp and cherish the moments. Have food and retire for the night
- Day 15 Base Camp to Osla village
Today descend to Osla village you can reach the in five hours. Setup your tents there and explore the beautiful village and talk to villagers, you can also visit Duryodhana’s temple which is worshiped by the villagers. Spend your night comfortably here.
- Day 16 Osla to Taluka and drive to Sankri
From Osla descend to Taluka which is a village, take a break there and we will arrange vehicle for you till Sankri. Reach Sankri and enjoy your stay in hotel “Swargarohini”.
- Day 17 Sankri to Dehradun
Post breakfast leave for Dehradun have your lunch en route and reach there by 6:00 to 6:30 pm.
Please carry the documents given below
- Original and photocopy of government photo identity card- (Aadhar Card, driving license, voters ID, etc.)
- Medical Certificate (first part to be filled by a doctor and second part by the trekker)
- Risk Certificates
Trekkers must bring :
- Strongly built hiking shoes, if you do not own a pair you can rent it from Sankri.
- Sandals or slippers to wear in campsite
- Thick woollen socks, it will keep your feet warm
- Daily wear socks
- Thermals are very important
- 1 shirt, it should be long sleeved
- Shirts and pants for campsite, should be warm
- 1 raincoat or poncho
- Thick gloves
- Trek pants
- Cap and Balaclava (or a scarf)
- Sun glasses
- Sun tan lotion
- Lip balm
- Water bottle
- Personal toiletry items
ATM Point & Mobile connectivity:-
ATM POINT: Withdraw money before your journey, Purola is the last point where you will find ATM.
There are no networks during the trek, in Purola all the networks are available and in Sankri only Vodafone and BSNL signals are there but the connectivity isn’t good. So make sure you finish all your important work and calls before starting of the trek
Trekking demands a good investment and this extremely expensive activity is the passion of many, so we have a great announcement to make which will be a great relief to your pockets. Now get your Trek Gear on Rent and all you have to do is make a special renting request while booking your trek. That’s it! We have kept it simple for you.
We carry first aid kits but it’s necessary to carry a personal medical kit.
(Carry minimum 5 tablets and maximum 10)
– Diamox – (prevents altitude sickness)
– Digene – (it cures discomfort in stomach, acidity)
– Crocin Advance – (cures fever and headache)
– Aspirin/Combiflam – (Pain reliever)
– Disprin/Saradon – (cures headache)
– Avomine – (prevents motion sickness)
– Avil – (it treat allergies)
– Norflox TZ & Lomofrn – (prevents Diarrhoea)
– Ranitidine – (reduces the amount of acid in stomach)
– Volini/Moov spray – (for sprains)
– Betadine/Savlon – (Antiseptic cream)
– Band aid
– Stretchable/elastic bandage
– Use medicines only when prescribed by the doctor in case you face any problem in your trek, take advice from Professional guide before taking any medicine.
– Drinking water is necessary during your trek, keep 1 litre of water bottle filled and drink it on proper interval of time, it is very important while hiking.
- Cancellation up to 30 Days: You will get Refund of 90 Precent of Trek/adventure program cost.
- Cancellation between 21 to 30 days– You will get refund of 50 Precent of Trek/Adventure/Tour/Travel/Hotel program cost.
- Cancellation in less than 20 days – No refund