Bhrigu is a high altitude sacred Lake. This phenomenal Lake changes its shape and colour from time to time sometimes it gets royal blue and the other times green.
Bhrigu Lake Fee:
Rs 6,500 (Includes GST and all costs of the Trek from Manali to Manali)
Duration: 4 Days
Highest Point: (14100 Feet)
Best Season: June, July, Aug and Sep
Average Temperature: Day time: (13°C to 15°C) Night time (0°C to 6°C)
- Review 0 Reviews0/5
- Vacation Style Holiday Type
- Activity Level
- Group Size Medium Group
A high altitude Lake in Kullu
It lies in the Kullu district of Himachal Pradesh to the east of Rohtang Pass at an altitude of 14100 feet. This is accessible through meadows, you will find alpine meadows here which are rare to find on the treks of same altitude.
Rishi Bhrigu meditated here
There is a myth about this place that Rishi Bhirgu; a great saint used to meditate here and this lake became sacred and it is believed that this is the reason it doesn’t freezes in winter. It changes its shape and colour from time to time sometimes it gets royal blue and the other times green.
Trekking on the different type of meadows is a delight for trekkers, it is pleasure to walk on the comforting grass. In the month of winters the meadows get totally covered by snow and looks divine, the night view and camping here is a bliss under the endless sky and you can enjoy stargazing here, it will give you a totally different experience.
Add this in your “Must Do” List
This Lake is a “must explore” trek, the changing colours and shapes of Bhrigu Lake makes it different from others and the trail is bewitching which takes you through picturesque meadows
Key Points of Bhrigu Lake Trek
- Level is Moderate
- Proper conditioning & training of body required
- Need proper gear & clothing for sub-zero temperature
- Shoes are the single most important equipment.
- High Altitude requires proper acclimatization.
- Beautiful landscapes so carry good photo gear & Extra battery backup.
- Travel light
- he backpack should not exceed 10 kg.
Must read about Bhrigu Lake Trek
Duration – 4 Days Manali to Manali
Best Season – June, July, Aug and Sep
Level – Moderate
Highest Point – (14100 feet)
Trekking Distance – (28 km)
Weather – The weather remains cold and temperature falls after sunset.
Average Temperature – Day time: (13°C to 15°C) Night time (0°C to 6°C)
Starting Point – Manali Mall Road
Day 1– Drive from Manali to Gulaba, short trek to campsite.
Day 2– Gulaba (10,370 feet) to Rola Khuli (12,566 feet) (3-4 hours) (5 km)
Day 3– Rola Khuli (12,566 feet) to Bhrigu Lake (14,100 feet) and back to Rola Khuli (5-6 hours) (10 km)
Day 4– Rola Khuli (12,566 feet) to Gulaba (10,370 feet) (3-4 hours) (5 km) and then Drive to Manali.
✅ Transport facility from Manali to Manali
✅ Forest Permit and entrance fee
✅ Accommodation in tents on twin share basis
✅ All meals: breakfast, packed lunch, tea, coffee, snacks, soup and dinner
✅ (All camping gears)
✅ High quality tents
✅ Sleeping bags
✅ Separate Toilet tents – Ladies and Gents
✅ Dining Tent
✅ Dining Table
✅ Kitchen team
✅ Radio Walkie Talkie for Communication
✅ Good Experience Trek Leader guide and Technical guide
✅ Medical Kit
✅ Oxygen Cylinders
✅ Crampons and Gaiters
❌ Personal Insurance
❌Personal toiletry Items and Personal Medicine kit
❌On first day En Route to base camp the Breakfast and Lunch are Not Included
❌Last Day En Route Lunch and Dinner are Not Included
Full payment confirms your booking
We serve three meals a day including snacks and soup. A variety of delectable and healthy food is provided which includes; Indian, Chinese and other Western meals. They are nutritious and keeps you fit and healthy on your trek.
- Day 1 Drive from Manali to Gulaba, short trek to campsite
Our starting point from where we will pick you up is Mall Road of Manali near bus stand, drive from Manali to Gulaba is 24km, and you will go from Manali Rohtang Pass Road, after crossing Kothi you will through a pine forest and get beautiful views of the mountains.
Vehicle drops you on Gulaba check post this place is crowded on weekends as the people go to Rohtang Pass from here. Trek for half an hour, it is under the shade of trees and go through open grasslands then you will reach your campsite for today.
- Day 2 Gulaba (10,370 feet) to Rola Khuli (12,566 feet) (3-4 hours) (5 km)
On every day of your trek wake up early and do not miss the sunrise from places which are serene and have invigorate climate, watch it from different places every place has a different charm.
Have your breakfast at your campsite and leave for Rola Khuli, it is a ground where mostly shepherds camp. Start your trek and the along the trail there are number of trees present here making the air fresh, it is a steep ascend of half an hour then you will enter a meadow; Mt. Hanuman Tibba is visible from there. Take a break and appreciate those views further you will trek through a forest and then you will reach Rola Khuli.
This place is picturesque and shepherds camp there, a stream flows across this ground. This ground is wide open which makes it perfect for camping, setup your camps at this location.
- Day 3 Rola Khuli (12,566 feet) to Bhrigu Lake (14,100 feet) and back to Rola Khuli (5-6 hours) (10 km)
Today is the main day of your trek and it is steep and the longest, so wake up early have your breakfast and leave for Bhrigu Lake. It is amidst the ridges at an altitude of 4,300 m.
Trek for one hour and you will reach first ridge, you go through boulder zone and the scenery changes from greenery to brown and white. When you reach the ridge the lake is visible from there, not very clearly but you can see the wildflowers growing there and greenery around it or it remains surrounded by snow. You get bewitching views of Indrasen, Deo Tibba, Hanuman Tibba, Pir prinjal and Dhauladhar.
Spend some time around this divine lake, people believe that it’s sacred as saint Bhrigu meditated here. The aura of this place will energize and refresh you. After spending some time there trek back to Rola Khuli. Dinner and overnight stay in tents there.
- Day 4 Rola Khuli (12,566 feet) to Gulaba (10,370 feet) (3-4 hours) (5 km) and then Drive to Manali.
Today you have to descend down to Gulaba and then drive to Manali. The route is same so trek back from the meadows to reach Gulaba, the trail may become steep sometimes but it is easy to get down.
When you reach there take a break and leave for Manali.
Please carry the documents given below
- Original and photocopy of government photo identity card- (Aadhar Card, driving license, voters ID, etc.)
- Medical Certificate (first part to be filled by a doctor and second part by the trekker)
- Risk Certificates
Trekkers must bring :
- Strongly built hiking shoes, if you do not own a pair you can rent it from Sankri.
- Sandals or slippers to wear in campsite
- Thick woollen socks, it will keep your feet warm
- Daily wear socks
- Thermals are very important
- 1 shirt, it should be long sleeved
- Shirts and pants for campsite, should be warm
- 1 raincoat or poncho
- Thick gloves
- Trek pants
- Cap and Balaclava (or a scarf)
- Sun glasses
- Sun tan lotion
- Lip balm
- Water bottle
- Personal toiletry items
ATM Point & Mobile connectivity:-
ATM POINT: Withdraw money before your journey, Manali is the last point where you will find ATM.
BSNL, Airtel and Vodafone networks will be available till Roha Khulli, there are no other networks ahead, so make sure you finish all your important work and calls before the trek.
Trekking demands a good investment and this extremely expensive activity is the passion of many, so we have a great announcement to make which will be a great relief to your pockets. Now get your Trek Gear on Rent and all you have to do is make a special renting request while booking your trek. That’s it! We have kept it simple for you.
We carry first aid kits but it’s necessary to carry a personal medical kit.
(Carry minimum 5 tablets and maximum 10)
– Diamox – (prevents altitude sickness)
– Digene – (it cures discomfort in stomach, acidity)
– Crocin Advance – (cures fever and headache)
– Aspirin/Combiflam – (Pain reliever)
– Disprin/Saradon – (cures headache)
– Avomine – (prevents motion sickness)
– Avil – (it treat allergies)
– Norflox TZ & Lomofrn – (prevents Diarrhoea)
– Ranitidine – (reduces the amount of acid in stomach)
– Volini/Moov spray – (for sprains)
– Betadine/Savlon – (Antiseptic cream)
– Band aid
– Stretchable/elastic bandage
– Use medicines only when prescribed by the doctor in case you face any problem in your trek, take advice from Professional guide before taking any medicine.
– Drinking water is necessary during your trek, keep 1 litre of water bottle filled and drink it on proper interval of time, it is very important while hiking.
- Cancellation up to 30 Days: You will get Refund of 90 Precent of Trek/adventure program cost.
- Cancellation between 21 to 30 days– You will get refund of 50 Precent of Trek/Adventure/Tour/Travel/Hotel program cost.
- Cancellation in less than 20 days – No refund