Bandarpunch lies in Govind Wildlife Sanctuary of Garhwal Himalayas and it is visible from many other treks in Uttarakhand. This group of mountains has three peaks which rise higher than 6000 meters.
Bandarpunch Expedition Fee:
Rs 1,20,000 (Includes GST and all costs of the Trek from Dehradun to Dehradun)
Duration: 17 Days
Highest Point: (6316 m)
Best Season: April, May, June, Sep and Oct
Temperature: (-2°C to 15°C)
- Review 0 Reviews0/5
- Vacation Style Holiday Type
- Activity Level
- Group Size Large Group
Bandarpunch lies in Govind Wildlife Sanctuary of Garhwal Himalayas. This group of mountains has three peaks which rise higher than 6000 metres (Bandarpunch I) (6316 m), (Bandarpunch II) (6102 m), (Black Peak) (6387 m). This towering peak is visible from many other treks in Uttarakhand.
History of Bandarpunch/Bandarpoonch
Bandarpunch/Bandarpoonch means Monkey’s tail, there is a myth related to this mountain that Lord Hanuman went to the top to extinguish the fire which caught his tail when he attempted to rescue Sita, Lord Rama’s wife.
The trek starts from Sukhi which is en route to Gangotri, you can reach the base camp after two days hike and above base camp you will be camping at two alpine camps before traversing summit. Climbing gets tough between camp 1 and summit because of crevasses.
Summit welcomes you with phenomenal views of Kinnaur, Jogin peaks, Thelu, Sudarshan Parbat, Chandra Parbat, Satopanth, Matri, Swetvaran, Gangotri group of peaks and Jaonli with many more Garhwal Mountains. Summit offers unparalleled views which cannot be easily found anywhere else.
Must read about Bandarpunch Expedition
Duration – 17 Days Dehradun to Dehradun
Best Season – April, May, June, Sep and Oct
Level – Difficult
Highest Point – (6316 m)
Weather – Nights are cold and day temperature is pleasant according to the season, the weather is unpredictable and can change anytime so you need to be prepared.
Temperature –(-2°C to 15°C)
Starting point – Dehradun
Day 1– Dehradun to Uttarkashi
Day 2– Drive from Uttarkashi to Sukhi and trek to Forest Camp (2950 m)
Day 3– Forest Camp to Base Camp (3780 m)
Day 4– Acclimatization Day at Base Camp
Day 5– Base Camp to Camp 1 (4450 m) and Back (Load Ferry)
Day 6– Base Camp to Camp 1 (4450 m)
Day 7– Rest Day at Camp 1
Day 8– Short Hike up to (5000 m) and back to Camp 1
Day 9– Camp 1 to Summit Camp (5180 m)
Day 10– Acclimatization Day
Day 11– Summit Day (6316 m) and descent to Summit Camp
Day 12– Reserve Day for Summit Attempt
Day 13– Summit Camp to Base Camp
Day 14– Rest Day at Base Camp
Day 15– Descent to Forest Camp
Day 16– Forest Camp to Sukhi and Drive to Uttarkashi
Day 17– Uttarkashi to Dehradun
✅ Transport facility from Dehradun to Dehradun
✅ Forest Permit and entrance fee including camping charges
✅ Accommodation in Hotel; Uttarkashi
✅ Accommodation in tents on twin share basis
✅ All meals: breakfast, packed lunch, tea, coffee, snacks, soup and dinner
✅ Expertise Trek Leader, fluent in English and Hindi certified in basic and advance mountaineering courses from NIM, IMF or Hanifl Centre.
✅ Experienced local guide
✅ Kitchen team
✅ All camping gear
✅ High quality camping tents, sleeping bags, mattress liner and pillow
✅ Separate Toilet tents – Ladies and Gents
✅ Dining Tent
✅ Dining Table
✅ Micro Spikes
✅ Ice Axe
✅ Rescue Ropes
✅ Radio Walkie Talkie for Communication
✅ Medical Kit
✅ Oxygen Cylinders
❌ Medical Certificate
❌ Personal toiletry Items
❌ First day breakfast and lunch en route
❌ Last day lunch and dinner en route
Full payment confirms your booking
We serve three meals a day including snacks and soup. A variety of delectable and healthy food is provided which includes; Indian, Chinese and other Western meals. They are nutritious and keeps you fit and healthy on your trek.
- Day 1 Dehradun to Uttarkashi
Vehicles will be arranged for you from Deharadun till Uttarkashi, the drive is through the “Queen of Hills” “Mussoorie. Have breakfast at Kempty Fall and continue the journey towards the small town located at the Bhagirathi River’s bank at Uttarkashi.
The trek starts from tomorrow, check in a Hotel and spend your night there.
- Day 2 Drive from Uttarkashi to Sukhi and trek to Forest Camp (2950 m)
Post breakfast drive is from Uttarkashi to Sukhi, you can reach there in 2.5 hours and the trek starts from this small village. There are less houses and you can see many apple orchards belonging to the villagers.
First you have to reach Khagi Pass (3420 m) and the descent will lead you to the Forest Camp (2950 m). The downhill trek is steep, reach there and the route going to summit is visible with amazing views of Gangotri Peaks, Jaonli and Srikanth Peaks.
Setup your camps and overnight stay in tents.
- Day 3 Forest Camp to Base Camp (3780 m)
Today’s trek is long from Forest Camp to Base Camp, the downhill trek takes you to the Son Gad and Chaiyyan Gad Rivers confluence. Follow River Chaiyyan Gad all the way to Base Camp.
The hike is going to be pleasant through the thick forests and undulating blooming meadows with alpine flowers and lush greenery. As you go high you can see the receding treeline and you have come closer to the Base Camp.
The base camp (3780 m) is at Chaiyyan glacier’s foot. Reach there and maybe you can find some shepherd there. Setup the camp and retire for the night.
- Day 4 Acclimatization Day at Base Camp
Go for a short hike today, acclimatization is very important at Base Camp to prepare for further days. After a short trek nearby, return to Base Camp.
- Day 5 Base Camp to Camp 1 (4450 m) and Back (Load Ferry)
Today head towards Camp 1 (4450 m) to Load Ferry and retrace your steps to Base Camp for overnight stay.
- Day 6 Base Camp to Camp 1 (4450 m)
Leave Base Camp and ascent to Camp 1 (4450 m).
- Day 7 Rest Day at Camp 1
Rest for today or you can explore the surroundings but be back before lunch time.
- Day 8 Short Hike up to (5000 m) and back to Camp 1
Today you will be staying in Camp 1, it is at an altitude of 4450 metres so today go to a high point (5000 meters) for acclimatization. It is necessary, so that you can be fully prepared for the summit and return to the campsite.
- Day 9 Camp 1 to Summit Camp (5180 m)
Summit Camp is at an altitude of 5180 metres, leave Camp 1 and head towards the other campsite. Overnight stay in Summit Camp.
- Day 10 Acclimatization Day
The weather conditions change, to prevent Altitude Motion Sickness, acclimatization is important.
- Day 11 Summit Day (6316 m) and descent to Summit Camp
The trek is going to be thrilling, get your ropes ready and the equipment, today you will be needing it the most. After successfully climbing the summit descent to Summit Camp.
- Day 12 Reserve Day for Summit Attempt
Extra Day in the Itinerary for Summit Attempt.
- Day 13 Summit Camp to Base Camp
After successful summit descent from Summit Camp to Base Camp. Reach there celebrate the victory, have delicious food and retire for the night.
- Day 14 Rest Day at Base Camp
After the tough climb and thrilling adventure, rest and recuperate today at Base Camp.
- Day 15 Descent to Forest Camp
Leave Base Camp and descent to Forest Camp which was your expeditions’ first campsite.
- Day 16 Forest Camp to Sukhi and Drive to Uttarkashi
Retrace your steps to Sukhi from where the trek started and from here the vehicles will be arranged and drive is to Uttarkashi.
Reach there in 2.5 hours, check in a Hotel and after having salubrious food retire for the night.
- Day 17 Uttarkashi to Dehradun
After breakfast Leave Uttarkashi, have lunch en route and you can reach Dehradun in 7 hours.
Please carry the documents given below
- Original and photocopy of government photo identity card- (Aadhar Card, driving license, voters ID, etc.)
- Medical Certificate (first part to be filled by a doctor and second part by the trekker)
- Risk Certificates
Trekkers must bring :
- Strongly built hiking shoes, if you do not own a pair you can rent it from Sankri.
- Sandals or slippers to wear in campsite
- Thick woollen socks, it will keep your feet warm
- Daily wear socks
- Thermals are very important
- 1 shirt, it should be long sleeved
- Shirts and pants for campsite, should be warm
- 1 raincoat or poncho
- Thick gloves
- Trek pants
- Cap and Balaclava (or a scarf)
- Sun glasses
- Sun tan lotion
- Lip balm
- Water bottle
- Personal toiletry items
Trekking demands a good investment and this extremely expensive activity is the passion of many, so we have a great announcement to make which will be a great relief to your pockets. Now get your Trek Gear on Rent and all you have to do is make a special renting request while booking your trek. That’s it! We have kept it simple for you.
We carry first aid kits but it’s necessary to carry a personal medical kit.
(Carry minimum 5 tablets and maximum 10)
– Diamox – (prevents altitude sickness)
– Digene – (it cures discomfort in stomach, acidity)
– Crocin Advance – (cures fever and headache)
– Aspirin/Combiflam – (Pain reliever)
– Disprin/Saradon – (cures headache)
– Avomine – (prevents motion sickness)
– Avil – (it treat allergies)
– Norflox TZ & Lomofrn – (prevents Diarrhoea)
– Ranitidine – (reduces the amount of acid in stomach)
– Volini/Moov spray – (for sprains)
– Betadine/Savlon – (Antiseptic cream)
– Band aid
– Stretchable/elastic bandage
– Use medicines only when prescribed by the doctor in case you face any problem in your trek, take advice from Professional guide before taking any medicine.
– Drinking water is necessary during your trek, keep 1 litre of water bottle filled and drink it on proper interval of time, it is very important while hiking.
- Cancellation up to 30 Days: You will get Refund of 90 Precent of Trek/adventure program cost.
- Cancellation between 21 to 30 days– You will get refund of 50 Precent of Trek/Adventure/Tour/Travel/Hotel program cost.
- Cancellation in less than 20 days – No refund