Baiyan Top lies at an elevation of 4000 meters in Garhwal Himalayas, ahead the trail goes to another trek Maldaru Lake which is at an altitude of 4500 meters.
Baiyan Top Fee:
Rs 13500 (Includes GST and all costs of the Trek from Dehradun to Dehradun)
Duration: 7 Days
Highest Point: (4000 meters)
Best Season: May, June, Sep and Oct
Summer Temperature: (5°C to 15°C)
- Review 0 Reviews0/5
- Vacation Style Holiday Type
- Activity Level
A Hidden Trek in the Himalayas
Baiyan Top lies at an elevation of 4000 meters in Garhwal Himalayas, ahead the trail goes to another trek Maldaru Lake which is at an altitude of 4500 meters. This trek is not known by the people but it has got charm and its wonderful beauty is hidden in the Himalayas away from the cacophony.
The Trails are not Crowded
Baiyan Top, you would be not even familiar to this word! But, the trails and camping sites are adorable. The rich diversity of Flora and Fauna will make you wonder twice if it’s real or not. Still it is hidden by the trekkers, so if you are looking for the new trails, untouched then no other trek can be compared to Baiyan Top.
Overwhelming Views from the Top
Baiyan Top is accessible after the steep ascend but the views are rewarding and will leave you awestruck. It is a mesmerizingly large meadow with thrilling views of Har Ki Dun valley, Borasu pass, Swargarohini, Black peak, Bandarpoonch, Rangnala peak in Obra valley and Hathu peak.
Key Points of Baiyan Top Trek
- Proper conditioning & training of body is required
- Need proper gear & clothing for sub-zero temperature
- Shoes are the single most important equipment.
- High Altitude requires proper acclimatization.
- Beautiful landscapes so carry good photo gear & Extra battery backup.
- Travel light
- The backpack should not exceed 10 kg.
Must Read about Baiyan Top Trek
Duration: 7 Days (Dehradun to Dehradun)
Best Season: May, June, Sep and Oct
Highest Point: 4000 meters
Temperature: (5°C to 15°C)
Starting Point: Dehradun
Day 1: Dehradun to Sankri (210 km) (7/8 hours) (1920 m)
Day 2: Drive from Sankri to Taluka (11 km) and trek to Cheludgad (12 km) (2700 m) (4/5 hours)
Day 3: Cheludgad to Devsu Bugyal (7 km) (3/4 hours) (3000 m)
Day 4: Devsu Bugyal to Baiyan Top (6.5 km) (4/5 hours) (4000 m)
Day 5: Baiyan Top to Cheludgad (13 km) (5/6 hours)
Day 6: Cheludgad to Taluka and drive to Sankri (11 km) (4/5 hours)
Day 7: Sankri to Dehradun
✅ Transport facility from Dehradun to Dehradun
✅ Forest Permit and entrance fee
✅ Accommodation in tents on twin share basis
✅ Accommodation in Hotel Sankri
✅ All meals: breakfast, packed lunch, tea, coffee, snacks, soup and dinner
✅ (All camping gears)
✅ High quality tents
✅ Sleeping bags
✅ Separate Toilet tents – Ladies and Gents
✅ Dining Tent
✅ Dining Table
✅ Kitchen team
✅ Radio Walkie Talkie for Communication
✅ Good Experience Trek Leader guide and Technical guide
✅ Medical Kit
✅ Oxygen Cylinders
✅ Crampons and Gaiters
❌ Personal Insurance
❌Personal toiletry Items and Personal Medicine kit
❌On first day En Route to base camp the Breakfast and Lunch are Not Included
❌Last Day En Route Lunch and Dinner are Not Included
Full payment confirms your booking
We serve three meals a day including snacks and soup. A variety of delectable and healthy food is provided which includes; Indian, Chinese and other Western meals. They are nutritious and keeps you fit and healthy on your trek.
- Day 1 Dehradun to Sankri (210 km) (7/8 hours) (1920 m)
Our vehicle picks you up from Dehradun railway station then leaves for Sankri (210 km), it takes 7-8 hours to reach there. The drive to Sankri is a picturesque one and you will come across plethora of sceneries on the way.
The scenic beauty of valley attract the visitor’s eye. You will see Yamuna River and Tons valley across the Yamuna Bridge, the crystal clear water gives a very refreshing feeling if you feel tired on the way. Drive is through some splendid places i.e. Mussoorie, Damta, Nowgao, Netwar and Purola.
These are the villages where you can see people working in fields and you can have a glimpse of their lifestyle. When you go through the forests, peep out of your window and look at the combination of dark and light greenery, it looks picture perfect.
We cross an entry gate of Govind Wildlife Sanctuary, Sankri lies there. When the Baraadsar mountain range and other snow-capped mountains are visible then you are about to reach Sankri, it will take 15-20 minutes more.
Sankri is a small village with less number of houses, there is a famous mini market of Sankri with few wooden huts serving traditional and delicious food. From here you can have a glance of some mountain ranges, it is surrounded by the mountains and the environment is pollution free, relish the beauty of Sankri. We own a hotel named “Swargarohini”, enjoy your dinner and relaxing stay there.
- Day 2 Drive from Sankri to Taluka (11 km) and trek to Cheludgad (12 km) (2700 m) (4/5 hours)
Post breakfast enjoy the drive from Sankri to Taluka, this often remains closed during monsoon season because this region is prone to landslides. Go through some mountain bends and the road is well marked and leveled.
Reach Taluka it is a small village with some hotels and shops. Trek starts towards Cheludgad camp, trek through beautiful dense forest rich in Flora as well as Fauna.
Spot Langooor families near Cheludgad and the colourful Himalayan Monal, the state bird of Uttarakhand can also be spotted in this region. Many other rare species are seen here which are not commonly found in other areas.
Reach Chelugad, your campsite for today, enjoy your meal there and spend your night in camps.
- Day 3 Cheludgad to Devsu Bugyal (7 km) (3/4 hours) (3000 m)
Today the trek is towards Devsu Bugyal, it is a wide meadow below this Thach Ruinsara and Supin Rivers meet. After having breakfast leave Cheludgad campsite and head towards Devsu Bugyal.
Packed lunch will be provided, on the way you will come across many streams. Trek through the forest of Rhododendrons and undulating meadows, gradually ascend and you will reach the campsite in few minutes.
A wide meadow with wildflowers will open up in front of you, which is great for camping and it will be a great relief spending night in middle of this Bugyal. Pitch your tents and retire for the night.
- Day 4 Devsu Bugyal to Baiyan Top (6.5 km) (4/5 hours) (4000 m)
Today is the main day of your trek and you will ascend till you reach Baiyan Top. Start your trek after having breakfast the climb is steep and the views of snow covered mountains will be visible along the trek.
The trail is through some meadows which blooms with colourful flowers of geraniums, marigold and purple gentians. This part of the trek is the most picturesque on because of its idyllic setting. The trail is all green because of the foliage and trees.
After a steep ascend reach the Baiya Top, a mesmerizingly large meadow with thrilling views of Har Ki Dun valley, Borasu pass, Swargarohini, Black peak, Bandarpoonch, Rangnala peak in Obra valley and Hathu peak.
A beautiful place with amazing sights makes Baiya Top a great trek, choose a desired place to set up the camps at and then retire for the night in the serene environment. .
- Day 5 Baiyan Top to Cheludgad (13 km) (5/6 hours)
After great time at Baiyan Top, bid good bye to this picturesque place and the spell binding views do not miss the morning view of the high rising peaks because they turn totally different in the morning.
Start your after breakfast and trek through the dense forest, again spot Langoors hanging from one tree to another, look at the different colourful birds singing in their own tone pleasing your ears. You will come across streams on the way where you can fill the water bottles.
Descend all the way to reach Cheludgad which was your campsite on day 2, again you will be camping here amidst the nature. Setup your camps, have salubrious food and retire for the night.
- Day 6 Cheludgad to Taluka and drive to Sankri (11 km) (4/5 hours)
Start trekking down to Taluka from where the trek started. Follow the same trail through rich forests and variety of Flora and Fauna. Reach Taluka, vehicles will be arranged for you and then enjoy the 11 km drive to Sankri.
- Day 7 Sankri to Dehradun
Post breakfast leave for Dehradun and you can have lunch en route.
Please carry the documents given below
- Original and photocopy of government photo identity card- (Aadhar Card, driving license, voters ID, etc.)
- Medical Certificate (first part to be filled by a doctor and second part by the trekker
- Risk Certificates
Trekkers must bring :
- Strongly built hiking shoes, if you do not own a pair you can rent it from Sankri.
- Sandals or slippers to wear in campsite
- Thick woollen socks, it will keep your feet warm
- Daily wear socks
- Thermals are very important
- 1 shirt, it should be long sleeved
- Shirts and pants for campsite, should be warm
- 1 raincoat or poncho
- Thick gloves
- Trek pants
- Cap and Balaclava (or a scarf)
- Sun glasses
- Sun tan lotion
- Lip balm
- Water bottle
- Personal toiletry items
ATM Point & Mobile connectivity:-
ATM Point: –
Withdraw money before your journey, Purola is the last point where you will find ATM.
Mobile connectivity: –
There are no networks during the trek, in Purola all the networks are available and in Sankri only Vodafone and BSNL signals are there but the connectivity isn’t good. So make sure you finish all your important work and calls before starting of the trek.
Trekking demands a good investment and this extremely expensive activity is the passion of many, so we have a great announcement to make which will be a great relief to your pockets. Now get your Trek Gear on Rent and all you have to do is make a special renting request while booking your trek. That’s it! We have kept it simple for you.
We carry first aid kits but it’s necessary to carry a personal medical kit.
(Carry minimum 5 tablets and maximum 10)
– Diamox – (prevents altitude sickness)
– Digene – (it cures discomfort in stomach, acidity)
– Crocin Advance – (cures fever and headache)
– Aspirin/Combiflam – (Pain reliever)
– Disprin/Saradon – (cures headache)
– Avomine – (prevents motion sickness)
– Avil – (it treat allergies)
– Norflox TZ & Lomofrn – (prevents Diarrhoea)
– Ranitidine – (reduces the amount of acid in stomach)
– Volini/Moov spray – (for sprains)
– Betadine/Savlon – (Antiseptic cream)
– Band aid
– Stretchable/elastic bandage
– Use medicines only when prescribed by the doctor in case you face any problem in your trek, take advice from Professional guide before taking any medicine.
– Drinking water is necessary during your trek, keep 1 litre of water bottle filled and drink it on proper interval of time, it is very important while hiking.
- Cancellation up to 30 Days: You will get Refund of 90 Precent of Trek/adventure program cost.
- Cancellation between 21 to 30 days– You will get refund of 50 Precent of Trek/Adventure/Tour/Travel/Hotel program cost.
- Cancellation in less than 20 days – No refund