Bagini Glacier Trek
An Untouched Adventurous Trek
Bagini Glacier is an untouched adventurous trek with raw beauty in Garhwal Himalayas. Towering at a height of 4515 meters it gives you the opportunity to witness great Himalayan peaks i.e. Changbanga, Kalanka and Dunagiri. Bagini Glacier flows down from origin Trishul peaks and Changbang (northwards) and then Bagini River joins waters of Dunagiri glacier (westwards) ahead Lampak stream joins it and they flow into Dahuli Ganga.
An Exciting Trek in Uttarakhand
Bagini Glacier Trek is an easy to moderate trek which passes through some quaint villages, blossoming meadows and dense forests. Spot the views many high Himalayan peaks – Rishi, Trishul, Changbang, Hathi, Ghori, Dunagiri (east), Garur and Satminal which makes it an exciting trek in Uttarakhand.
Key Points of Bagini Glacier Trek
- Level is Moderate
- Proper conditioning & training of body required
- Need proper gear & clothing for sub-zero temperature
- Shoes are the single most important equipment.
- High Altitude requires proper acclimatization.
- Beautiful landscapes so carry good photo gear & Extra battery backup
- Travel light
- The backpack should not exceed 10 kg.
Must read about Bagini Glacier Trek
Trek Fee: Rs.22500 Per Person (Includes GST and all costs of the Trek from Dehradun to Dehradun)
Duration: 11 Days
Level: Moderate to Difficult
Best Time:May to June and Sep to Oct
Temperature:May to June: (15°C to 20°C) (7°C to -2°C) Sep to Oct: (10°C to 15°C) (5°C to -5°C)
- Review 0 Reviews0/5
- Vacation Style Holiday Type
- Activity Level
- Group Size Large Group
Day 1 – Dehradun to Joshimath (2049 m) (256 km)
Day 2 – Joshimath to Jumma and trek to Ruing village (2800 m) (3 km)
Day 3 – Ruin village to Dronagiri village (3610 m) (8 km)
Day 4 – Dronagiri village to Longatulli (3800 m) (6 km)
Day 5 – Longatulli to Basecamp (4484 m) (5 km)
Day 6 – Basecamp to Bagini Glacier (4515 m) and return (10 km)
Day 7 – Basecamp to Ruing village (18 km)
Day 8 – Ruing village to Joshimath (3 km)
Day 9 – Joshimath to Dehradun (256 km)
✅ Transport facility from Dehradun to Dehradun
✅ Forest Permit and entrance fee
✅ Accommodation in tents on twin share basis
✅ All meals: breakfast, packed lunch, tea, coffee, snacks, soup and dinner
✅ (All camping gears)
✅ High quality tents
✅ Sleeping bags
✅ Separate Toilet tents – Ladies and Gents
✅ Dining Tent
✅ Dining Table
✅ Kitchen team
✅ Radio Walkie Talkie for Communication
✅ Good Experience Trek Leader guide and Technical guide
✅ Medical Kit
✅ Oxygen Cylinders
✅ Crampons and Gaiters
❌ Personal Insurance
❌Personal toiletry Items and Personal Medicine kit
❌On first day En Route to base camp the Breakfast and Lunch are Not Included
❌Last Day En Route Lunch and Dinner are Not Included
Full payment confirms your booking
We serve three meals a day including snacks and soup. A variety of delectable and healthy food is provided which includes; Indian, Chinese and other Western meals. They are nutritious and keeps you fit and healthy on your trek.
Dehradun to Joshimath (2049 m) (256 km)
Vehicle will be arranged from Dehradun Railway station and departure time is 6:30 in the morning. Drive is along the bank of River Ganga, after you reach Devprayag relish the sight of Bhagirathi River gushing into River Alaknanda.
The mountain views are amazing along the flowing river from Devprayag confluence. Have lunch en route and in the evening reach Joshimath. The arrangements will be made in a guest house or a hotel there.
Joshimath to Jumma and trek to Ruing village (2800 m) (3 km)
Post breakfast the drive is towards Jumma, it is a village lying near Tibetan border and you can reach there in an hour. En route lies many villages and Dhauliganga River.
Being close to the Tibetan border the winds are fierce there. Start the trek to Ruing village, cross a bridge over Dhauliganga River and then the ascent begins. Pass through the steep forested sections and in 2 -3 hours Ruing can be reached.
The stay can be at Ruing village and also 2-3 km ahead at a grassland. Setup your camps, have food and retire for the night.
Ruin village to Dronagiri village (3610 m) (8 km)
The trail is through the forest with ups and downs. Further are landslide prone areas and the terrain changes to steep and dusty with some stream crossing the path.
A cemented road takes you to the village and offers great views of some High Himalayan peaks i.e. Ghori Parvat, Hathi Parvat and other snow clad mountains. The blooming flowers and greenery all around in summers will leave you speechless.
Setup your camps and retire for the night.
Dronagiri village to Longatulli (3800 m) (6 km)
Post breakfast leave Dronagiri village, start climbing a high ridge and get the first view of Rishi peak and distant view of Bagini Nala. After a 30 minutes hike reach concrete bridge over Bagini Nala.
Now, the area changes from all green to no vegetation and full of boulders. After an hour hike reach a green patch beside a stream and ahead lies Longatulli’s camping ground. Pitch your camps there and retire for the night.
Longatulli to Basecamp (4484 m) (5 km)
Today reach the Basecamp, the trail is rocky and the campsite is a plain barren land.
This place offers extraordinary views of Hardeul, Satminal and Rishi Pahar. Setup your camps here and retire for the night.
Basecamp to Bagini Glacier (4515 m) and return (10 km)
Wake up early so that you can witness the sunrise from base camp of Changbang, it lies before 3-4 km before advanced base camp.
From Bagini advanced base camp the trail to Changbang base camp is an ascending one with many moraines, it offers views of Rishi, Trishul, Changbang, Hathi, Ghori, Dunagiri (east), Garur and Satminal. Spot many crevasses on the Bagini Glacier.
Basecamp to Ruing village (18 km)
Post breakfast retrace your steps by passing through Dronagiri village and reach Ruing. Setup your camps and retire for the night.
Ruing village to Joshimath via Jumma (3 km)
Bid adieu to this place and start the descent to road head of Jumma. Reach there in 3 to 4 hours, vehicles will be arranged to reach Joshimath.
Joshimath to Dehradun (256 km)
Have breakfast and depart to Dehradun and take many memories with you.
Please carry the documents given below
- Original and photocopy of government photo identity card- (Aadhar Card, driving license, voters ID, etc.)
- Medical Certificate (first part to be filled by a doctor and second part by the trekker)
- Risk Certificates
Trekkers must bring :
- Strongly built hiking shoes, if you do not own a pair you can rent it from Sankri.
- Sandals or slippers to wear in campsite
- Thick woollen socks, it will keep your feet warm
- Daily wear socks
- Thermals are very important
- 1 shirt, it should be long sleeved
- Shirts and pants for campsite, should be warm
- 1 raincoat or poncho
- Thick gloves
- Trek pants
- Cap and Balaclava (or a scarf)
- Sun glasses
- Sun tan lotion
- Lip balm
- Water bottle
- Personal toiletry items
ATM Point & Mobile connectivity:-
Withdraw money before your journey, Joshimath is the last point where you will find ATM.
Most of the networks will be available at Joshimath, ahead you cannot rely on the signal strength because of the intermittent connectivity. So finish all your important calls and work before starting of the trek.
Trekking demands a good investment and this extremely expensive activity is the passion of many, so we have a great announcement to make which will be a great relief to your pockets. Now get your Trek Gear on Rent and all you have to do is make a special renting request while booking your trek. That’s it! We have kept it simple for you.
We carry first aid kits but it’s necessary to carry a personal medical kit.
(Carry minimum 5 tablets and maximum 10)
– Diamox – (prevents altitude sickness)
– Digene – (it cures discomfort in stomach, acidity)
– Crocin Advance – (cures fever and headache)
– Aspirin/Combiflam – (Pain reliever)
– Disprin/Saradon – (cures headache)
– Avomine – (prevents motion sickness)
– Avil – (it treat allergies)
– Norflox TZ & Lomofrn – (prevents Diarrhoea)
– Ranitidine – (reduces the amount of acid in stomach)
– Volini/Moov spray – (for sprains)
– Betadine/Savlon – (Antiseptic cream)
– Band aid
– Stretchable/elastic bandage
– Use medicines only when prescribed by the doctor in case you face any problem in your trek, take advice from Professional guide before taking any medicine.
– Drinking water is necessary during your trek, keep 1 litre of water bottle filled and drink it on proper interval of time, it is very important while hiking.
- Make your booking one or two months prior in advance. If you cancel the trek due to any reason, it is mandatory to notify us. Cancellation charges will only be effective from the date we get your request to cancel the trek.
- If the trek gets cancelled from our side due to natural disaster,rainfall, heavy snowfall or any other reason then the refund will not be initiated but we will arrange another trek.
(Bank charges deducted are not Refundable)
- Up to 30 Days – 90% cost is Refundable
- Between 21 to 30 Days – 50% cost is Refundable
- Less than 20 Days – No Refund
(Refund is initiated within 7-8 business days)